What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Another Rare Breed.  And a second butcher stop to pick up a brisket and hot dogs.  I am ready to hunker down.

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Stopped into a small local store today to try and pick up some stuff to support them, and picked up this Maker’s Slam Dunk bottle.  First one I’ve ever seen on a shelf.  I suppose, since there’s no March Madness this year to keep me entertained for the next 3 weeks,  this slam dunk will have to do... ?

Very nice Joe. FWIW, according to my source, MM no longer does slam dunks. Enjoy! 

Biba! Joe

A 1.75 of EWBIB (in case I have to hunker down)  and an Elijah Craig Rye. First time I've seen it.

VOB 90, first time I've seen it.

I have the 80, 84, and 100. Didn't really care for the 80, my wife snatched my 84 and drank it all.....

at $14, I feel so dirty buying just one, is this what it feels like purchase fireball???

• I like it 1

17 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

Welcome to the neighborhood, SmBS

20200318_164637.jpg

I held off pre-ordering that one until I get a chance to try it first. I want to make sure I like it enough over the regular small batch to justify the higher price. Please share your thoughts on it once you crack one of them open.

• I like it 1

23 hours ago, BDanner said:

A 1.75 of EWBIB (in case I have to hunker down)  and an Elijah Craig Rye. First time I've seen it.

I snagged a bottle of the rye, a couple of weeks ago.  It's pretty good.

1 hour ago, Double C's said:

I held off pre-ordering that one until I get a chance to try it first. I want to make sure I like it enough over the regular small batch to justify the higher price. Please share your thoughts on it once you crack one of them open.

Let me preface this by saying I'm a pretty big fan of 4R. I like the SmBS a lot. It's a complete different blend of recipes than the regular SmB. 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, TehRegion219 said:

I have the 80, 84, and 100. Didn't really care for the 80, my wife snatched my 84 and drank it all.....

at $14, I feel so dirty buying just one, is this what it feels like purchase fireball???

VOB 90 is pretty good. 

When the 100 isn't available,  it'll do the trick. 

• I like it 2

Not quite bourbon, and not the greatest haul of dusties.  But for the price and nostalgia purposes, I couldn’t pass these up.  ‘78 thru ‘81 & ‘83 bottle dates.  

3B77F954-4B55-45D4-8988-09381FA76FD1.jpeg

4 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

VOB 90 is pretty good. 

When the 100 isn't available,  it'll do the trick. 

I agree.  I really enjoy the 90s a lot more than I think I will when I pick one up, which is a couple times per year.  There’s a certain no frills, common man, always dependable, charm to it that just makes me happy when I drink it.  A solid everyday drinker.  It’s existence made me pine much less as the 100 proof lost its credentials over the past few years.  

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, TehRegion219 said:

I don't recall ever having the 80, but the 86, 90 and 100 are all decent whiskies that you should never feel dirty about buying. Like FRYL, they're not spectacular but always a good solid pour at a great price.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, parksmart said:

Not quite bourbon, and not the greatest haul of dusties.  But for the price and nostalgia purposes, I couldn’t pass these up.  ‘78 thru ‘81 & ‘83 bottle dates.  

That's quite a haul!  Well done Mr. Dusty Whisperer!  :D

27 minutes ago, fosmith said:

That's quite a haul!  Well done Mr. Dusty Whisperer!  :D

Coming soon to an offline!

Well, at least when it’s safe to venture outside.......

?

On 3/12/2020 at 12:52 PM, GeeTen said:

"I meant what I said, and I said what I meant - an elephant's faithful, 100 per cent!"

Very Extra Old Fitzgerald to Skinners.jpg

?

See "The Rest of the Story"  (with apologies to Paul Harvey) in the Bourbon Discussion thread under "Collectibles - Dusty Finds in 2020" for an update!   Once again, I'm sooo weak.   ?

• I like it 4

15 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

See "The Rest of the Story"  (with apologies to Paul Harvey) in the Bourbon Discussion thread under "Collectibles - Dusty Finds in 2020" for an update!   Once again, I'm sooo weak.   ?

And, 'once again' you have proven that you are!   ...And have my undying admiration and envy for being so!

• I like it 1

On 3/19/2020 at 11:28 AM, Double C's said:

As I've said before, me likee FRSmBS - but don't pay more than MSRP ($59.99) for it.  I've seen it up here (finally) for $60-70 - still drinking last year's stash from Bardstown/Lexington trip.   ?

2 hours ago, GeeTen said:

As I've said before, me likee FRSmBS - but don't pay more than MSRP ($59.99) for it.  I've seen it up here (finally) for $60-70 - still drinking last year's stash from Bardstown/Lexington trip.   ?

It showed up here for as low as $53.99 in some places and as high as $69.99 in others.  I wasn't a buyer.  I tried it shortly after release and wasn't a fan. I may give it a shot in the future after all the chaos dies down.

11 hours ago, GeeTen said:

You are a man of integrity and honor.  Drink and enjoy!

On 3/19/2020 at 12:46 PM, JCwhammie said:

Let me preface this by saying I'm a pretty big fan of 4R. I like the SmBS a lot. It's a complete different blend of recipes than the regular SmB. 

I would agree with this as well!!

Blade and Bow, key #1 only need 3,5 and i'll get my secret decoder ring.....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.