What Dram Are You Enjoying Spring/Summer 2020

GaryT
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I opened one of the Black & White Scotch I found.  It tastes as I remember from before - bright and citrus like.  There is also an oily, savory note.  Altogether not too complicated and no off flavors.  I'll call it a good blend. ?

As I noted on an other thread a couple minutes ago, tonight's post-dinner sipper is John Glaser's Compass Box "The Spice Tree" 46% ABV released circa 2018.  Here's a link to a picture of the label and a description.  It is exceptionally smooth and is naturally brown - no caramel added.

https://www.compassboxwhisky.com/whiskies/index.php?id=8#:~:text=THE SPICE TREE is a rich%2C intense malt,a greater enjoyment of what's in your glass.

I may take this to bed with me.

Only sort of kidding.

As I noted on an other thread a couple minutes ago, tonight's post-dinner sipper is John Glaser's Compass Box "The Spice Tree" 46% ABV released circa 2018.  Here's a link to a picture of the label and a description.  It is exceptionally smooth and is naturally brown - no caramel added.

https://www.compassboxwhisky.com/whiskies/index.php?id=8#:~:text=THE SPICE TREE is a rich%2C intense malt,a greater enjoyment of what's in your glass.

Only sort of kidding.

Only sort of kidding.

Only sort of kidding.

• I like it 1

17 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Only sort of kidding.

You can say that again. ?

On 9/17/2020 at 8:47 AM, BigRich said:

Harry - it looks like there is a glitch in the Matrix.

On 9/17/2020 at 1:57 PM, dad-proof said:

You can say that again. ?

I was going to delete the duplicate posts but your clever responses mean that they stay up. 

• I like it 3

On 9/17/2020 at 8:47 AM, BigRich said:

Harry - it looks like there is a glitch in the Matrix.

Uh, when I clicked on the button to post, nothing happened so like a monkey in a lab test I kept hitting the “Submit” button until the food pellet dropped.

• I like it 3

Couple of fabulous obscure indies I picked up during my recent road trip-- from an awesome indie LS in Memphis. The TSMoS Admore is the perfect balance between age, peat and proof-- really well done.

IMG_5126.thumb.jpg.5c4c0a3ceb788c48db685c7841167ce9.jpg

IMG_5127.thumb.jpg.9a6043dce01114953b492deb76929c6b.jpg

• I like it 3

On 9/19/2020 at 10:27 AM, Marekv8 said:

Couple of fabulous obscure indies I picked up during my recent road trip-- from an awesome indie LS in Memphis. The TSMoS Admore is the perfect balance between age, peat and proof-- really well done.

IMG_5126.thumb.jpg.5c4c0a3ceb788c48db685c7841167ce9.jpg

IMG_5127.thumb.jpg.9a6043dce01114953b492deb76929c6b.jpg

Glad they turned out to be winners Dave...and thanks for stopping by! It was good to see you again! I hope the other bottle turns out to be a worthy selection as well. 

Edited by lcpfratn

11 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

Glad they turned out to be winners Dave...and thanks for stopping by! It was good to see you again! I hope the other bottle turns out to be a worthy selection as well. 

Thanks Jeff, likewise… I appreciate your time that afternoon. The third bottle turned out to be a 2010 release-- certainly my kind of unexpected find.

• I like it 2

Laphroaig 10 year.  First time I have tried this famous Islay standard.  Have to say it is quite good, if you like Islay style scotch (I do).  Surprisingly sweet and viscous feeling, much more drinkable than I had expected.

5 hours ago, Auracom said:

killed my 2019 Cairdeas last night. will miss. 

882B20AC-65FE-480C-BD41-E283A8C153AA.thumb.jpeg.18e621b81f8a30ee177bb75adb95d7aa.jpeg

I thought that bottle was one hell of a value… but I guess that was a pre-tariff release.

Enjoying some Loch Lomond 12yr, which I bought with low expectations ($35) and was pleasantly surprised by.  Can't think of a $35 Scotch I've liked as well.  Sweet, fruity, bit of peat with some savory/vegetal notes - nicely balanced.  

I have to say, as a novice Scotch drinker, I quite enjoyed the base Loch Lomond single malt.  I will look for the 12.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A Glenlivet 12 Double Oak at the airport departure gate— in honor of my first flight since early March. The SkyClub is shuttered due to COVID so I’m improvising at 5:00 am. 

4 hours ago, Kane said:

This was a whole lot more fun then I remembered. I don’t expect to get another one at a reasonable price. 

A6B91273-CB9E-429C-ABD0-F1B449245AE9.jpeg

It's annoying how enjoyable this is. It's just at that point to tip you into thinking about looking for another knowing full well it ain't worth it... 

One last SBSBSBSBS. Nothing noteworthy here. 

CCB6444B-CB98-45E7-9480-9706A4B4F190.jpeg

Edited by Kane
Me fail english? Unpossible.
  • I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.