Jump to content
clearmoon247

Lowest priced Age-Statement bottle (2020 Edition)?

Recommended Posts

clearmoon247

While I know that you used to be able to find W12 and Elijah Craig with age statements as recent as a few years ago, I wanted to throw it out there and see what is the most inexpensive bottle of straight bourbon (4+ years) with an age statement?

 

Personally, in FL, there is a $11 bottle of Tom Simms (Heaven Hill sourced) 6 year at 86 proof.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clueby

HH6 90 is around what...$12 to $14?

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vosgar

Splurge and go with RR 10yr and ER.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mattk
4 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

Splurge and go with RR 10yr and ER.

Rye guy here. But just got my dad an ER 10 for father's day. But didn't ER drop the age statement except on store picks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GeeTen
50 minutes ago, Mattk said:

Rye guy here. But just got my dad an ER 10 for father's day. But didn't ER drop the age statement except on store picks?

 

No - at least not yet (TTBOMIAB)!   😨

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0895
1 hour ago, Clueby said:

HH6 90 is around what...$12 to $14?

$15.99 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mattk
46 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

 

No - at least not yet (TTBOMIAB)!   😨

 

Cool see that's why I come here, thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Whiskeythink.com

9 yr KC

its often on sale for around $25. and its 100 proof of course

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fosmith

Eagle Rare 10 yr.  $26.99 at K&L

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jazzhead

Here in Pennsy - where you can now actually browse in a a liquor store! -  the best value is probably the Eagle Rare 10 at $29.99.   Except I never go for it;  I usually get the EHTaylor small batch instead at $39.99 and no age statement.    

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0895
13 minutes ago, Jazzhead said:

Here in Pennsy - where you can now actually browse in a a liquor store! -  the best value is probably the Eagle Rare 10 at $29.99.   Except I never go for it;  I usually get the EHTaylor small batch instead at $39.99 and no age statement.    

 

 

You should get both!

🙂

  • I like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jazzhead
1 minute ago, 0895 said:

You should get both!

🙂

The lobster or the cracked crab?  

 

Why not . . .  both?  

 

Extra-primo good, Mr. Coleman sir!!

  • I like it 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0895
12 minutes ago, Jazzhead said:

The lobster or the cracked crab?  

 

Why not . . .  both?  

 

Extra-primo good, Mr. Coleman sir!!


mmm.... missing my fresh broiled crab cakes and Troegs Perpetual , as my spring trip to PA got cancelled.  😢

Oh, and sheetz.

I love Sheetz coffee!

 

Yes, PA is state controlled and that is what it is, but being able to search inventory online and order fo pickup at the store near my hotel has its advantages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smokinjoe
18 minutes ago, Jazzhead said:

The lobster or the cracked crab?  

 

Why not . . .  both?  

 

Extra-primo good, Mr. Coleman sir!!

Looking good, Billy Ray!

 

 

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jazzhead
3 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Looking good, Billy Ray!

 

 

Feeling good, Louis!

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mattk
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, 0895 said:


mmm.... missing my fresh broiled crab cakes and Troegs Perpetual , as my spring trip to PA got cancelled.  😢

Oh, and sheetz.

I love Sheetz coffee!

 

Yes, PA is state controlled and that is what it is, but being able to search inventory online and order fo pickup at the store near my hotel has its advantages.

Got to get a bit further south for those crab cakes...I've always been a fan of the sunshine pils when it's released. Put the wife at Hershey spa and tour that brewery.

Edited by Mattk
  • I like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcbt
13 hours ago, Mattk said:

Rye guy here. But just got my dad an ER 10 for father's day. But didn't ER drop the age statement except on store picks?

It's written on the back label somewhere.  They dropped the single barrel status, though, something to do with the bottling line specifics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
geclbxf

I tried searching but couldn't find the thread.   Can someone share the thread with the bottling line info?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fishnbowljoe
3 hours ago, geclbxf said:

I tried searching but couldn't find the thread.   Can someone share the thread with the bottling line info?

???????

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BrokeCal
Posted (edited)

Cheapest bourbon with an age statement is Benchmark, 3 years and $7.99 for a 750ml.  Next question?

 

Ha ha, j\k.  Honestly, as noted above its definitely KC.  9 years and $21.99.  I believe that is what you call..... Unbeatable!!

Edited by BrokeCal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fosmith
3 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

???????

 

Joe, I think he’s asking for info on the Eagle Rare bottling line for why it’s no longer stated as a SiB.  I read somewhere that they bottle one barrel at a time but don’t clear the lines between barrels so you could wind up with a few bottles containing whiskey from two barrels. Hence, can’t be called SiB.

  • I like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clueby
On 6/21/2020 at 2:07 PM, BrokeCal said:

 KC.  9 years and $21.99.  I believe that is what you call..... Unbeatable!!

I'd probably buy more of it at that price. Here it is $28 or higher plus tax. When I want that profile I usually opt for KCSB at around $45. Even better when it's a PS.

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fishnbowljoe

Schnucks Private Reserve, a 36 month old (?) BIB @$12.99 a liter.  🤮

 

Biba! Joe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JCwhammie
2 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Schnucks Private Reserve, a 36 month old (?) BIB @$12.99 a liter.  🤮

 

Biba! Joe

Oh, c'mon Joe. That's the gem of STL! I'm sure you northern Illinois folks caravan down here to stock up. 

  • I like it 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BigRich
11 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Schnucks Private Reserve, a 36 month old (?) BIB @$12.99 a liter.  🤮

 

Biba! Joe

IF it's the private reserve, how do you acquire something so....private and.....reserved?

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.