Your most purchased bourbon

Sgtspitter101
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

What distillery/brand of bourbon do you pick up the most. Is there a specific bottle you buy from them more regular? I know i buy more bt products than any other.

From a distillery standpoint, its probably a toss up between Heaven Hill or Buffalo Trace, as I like several offerings form both distilleries.   From a specific bottle standpoint, it is John J Bowman SiB hands down.  It is a daily drinker for me and I pick one up at least once a month.

• I like it 3

Founder and President of the Lawrenceburg tribe here. That means a lot of Four Roses and Wild Turkey. Specifically barrel picks of 4R (all ten recipes) and RRSiB along with a healthy helping of WTRB.

• I like it 7

Heaven Hill for the win and Beam to place.  EW BIB is the top purchased bottle then Knob Creek. 

• I like it 1

I certainly get on extended runs of some bourbons, and new ones will pop in for a while.  So, my answer to this question will change over time, as my palate changes, or as I just get a hankerin’ for something that hits me square on for one reason or another.  Over the past several months to over a year, standard Buffalo Trace, standard Wild Turkey 101, and either standard SmB, BIB, or SiB 1792, have been regular repeat purchases.  The BT has occupied its position for several years.  I see WT staying in there, as well, going forward.  Larceny was in there for some time, though more rare of a purchase over the last year.  Then, there’s always that itch for Beam products that always needs scratching...

• I like it 1

45 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

I certainly get on extended runs of some bourbons, and new ones will pop in for a while.  So, my answer to this question will change over time, as my palate changes, or as I just get a hankerin’ for something that hits me square on for one reason or another.

This.

I have bought more ET BIB in the last year or so than any other single bourbon. I've gone through 3, given away 2, and bought 3 more once I heard it was sold to BT. I stocked up on a few WT101 last year so no recent purchases necessary there. Not a single product, but as a brand I have probably purchased more Old Forester than anything else, as I've picked up 1-2 OF100, one each of the Whisky Row series, and OF Rye.

Knob Creek once. 

I've branched out a lot from that time, though. 

Exploring other bourbons has really put a light on what an incredible value KC is.

At $42.99 for a 1.75 here, I can't beat it. 

Firmly in the Lawrenceburg camp as the both 4R and WT make up the majority of my holdings. I like all the 4R varieties with the SBPS and SB accounting for the majority. WT is split about evenly between RRSib, WT 101 and WTRB, though that RB rye will be present from here on out as well!!

Most of y’all know my preferences. ?  I have a great relationship with the folks at BT, and their bourbons are among my favorites. Weller’s top the list, followed closely by BT and ER. I also have a number of other offerings from BT.

I do have something else to add to this conversation. BF products have caught my attention from time to time over the years. Back in the day it was OF BIB. This one is slightly odd because I only had one or two 750’s. However, I had find a number of handles and 375’s. One of each still resides in my bunker. For whatever reasons, the newer versions of it, Signature and 100, just haven’t hit the same sweet spot for me. Another BF product I like is ET BIB. I have one open, and one in the bunker. Saz/BT recently purchased the brand, and I’m confident it is in good hands. Lately, I’ve become enamored with Old Forester Single Barrel. A store not too far from me did a barrel pick, and I absolutely love it. Even though it’s only 90 proof, to me it drinks and tastes like the older BF BIB. I have a few, and may be going back for more. :P 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

Ones I always keep on hand are WT 101, WT RB, BT, ER10 (when i can find it). 

Boy, after initially assuming I could answer this pretty quickly and pretty accurately, I hafta say... 'I don't know!'

I always have WT101, and Buffalo Trace, Old Grand Dad BIB, and only slightly less OGD 114, WT Rare Breed, as well as Knob and KC120... and pour each regularly.    ...But, I also pour a lot of Heaven Hill products, which in aggregate may put 'em out in front from a Distillery standpoint.    Also, when a very good private pick is available, I'll usually grab multiples, and those can be (and have been) all over the map.

Soooo. I DUNNO!   That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Depends on the year. Couple years ago was Beam, last year was Wild Turkey, this year is Four Roses.  I don’t try to explain it, just go with what tastes good.

• I like it 3

13 hours ago, flahute said:

Founder and President of the Lawrenceburg tribe here. That means a lot of Four Roses and Wild Turkey. Specifically barrel picks of 4R (all ten recipes) and RRSiB along with a healthy helping of WTRB.

same here. I buy more RR10 than Rare Breed for my daily but single barrel russell’s and four roses are 4/5 of my purchases. 

1 hour ago, Mako254 said:

same here. I buy more RR10 than Rare Breed for my daily but single barrel russell’s and four roses are 4/5 of my purchases. 

Yeah - RR10 is a staple as is WT101. I'd buy a lot more of standard 4R single barrel but it's really expensive here. 

Bourbon - OGD BIB by a factor of three OGDs to one of everything else.

Rye - House of Heaven Hill expressions although B-F's OF 100 is cutting in line.

Premium - WT MK

NDP - OE 7yr (whatever's on the shelf) followed by JAM expressions (when I'm feeling rich).

Restaurant - I never (well, hardly ever) pass up basic BT.

Bunkered - KC 9yr and OGD 114 (I loaded up back when they were cheap).

• I like it 2

19 hours ago, flahute said:

There should be a love button.

• I like it 1

I have too many that I care to list, and the.list changes, but WT101, OGDBIB, EWB, and EWBIB and are always on hand.

It's really changed over the years.  As the "boom" started and kept going, products change, get expensive/impossible to find, or stop being produced.

I always liked bottled in bond brands, so those continue to be in the line up.

Lately, it seems WT 101 has been a favorite, along with Old Forester Rye, and the 80 proof Four Roses.

• I like it 1

Highest qty of a single expression?  OGD BIB got a decent lead.  Blanton’s second.  

Highest qty from a particular house?  Saz/BT with Blanton’s, Wellers and Pappys comprising the bulk of that portfolio.

Pretty much every mainstream distillery besides BT because you can’t find any here!

I have been very slow on the bourbon purchases this year.  There just isn't much around that interests me these days (that I can get or want to pay stupid prices for).  I guess technically I've bought more Four Roses than anything else this year.  

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.