Sign in to follow this  
fishnbowljoe

More stuff.....

fishnbowljoe

Here's an explanation about MM slam dunk bottles for those that aren't quite sure what was being talked about in the "What Bourbon Did You Pass On?" thread. A slam dunk bottle is a bottle of MM that is dipped all the way down to the shoulder of the bottle instead of just partway down the neck. In the past, to keep these bottles a novelty, there was only one slam dunk bottle included in X number of cases. To be honest, I'm not sure what the number of cases was. I've heard it was one for every pallet. Then again, I heard it was one for every half dozen pallets. Who knows for sure? It's kinda fun stuff either way.

When I first got interested in bourbon, MM was basically my gateway bourbon. I collected a lot of MM stuff. Most of it is gone now. My slam dunk bottle and distillery pourer went to a fellow member here that collected anything and everything MM. I still have the string of mini Xmas lights and the corn hole set my wife and son made for me for my birthday a few years ago, as well as my MM fishing lure. Surprisingly, the MM 101 label is from a long time ago.

Biba! Joe

P1010731.jpeg

DSC_0006.jpeg

P1010694.jpeg

P1110340.jpeg

• I like it 3

camduncan

That Corn Hole board Joe.... :D

• I like it 3

geclbxf

The visual really helped - interesting story for sure.   Thanks for sharing.

PhantomLamb

Have you caught anything with that spinning lure?  

fishnbowljoe
21 minutes ago, PhantomLamb said:

Have you caught anything with that spinning lure?  

Nahh, I just keep it as a novelty item. The same with the Colts and Cubs spinner baits I have. Many years ago, a group of us used to go to the huge Chicagoland Boat, Sport and Fishing show in Chicago. There were a few booths there that dealt with novelty stuff like this. It was fun, and the cost wasn’t too bad either, IIRC.

Biba! Joe

fishnbowljoe

My wife was out and about yesterday while I was at work. She did some shopping, and bought me a couple of things. One was a bottle of body wash. It has a bourbon cedar fragrance. I still can't help but wonder if it's because of the bourbon scent, or that I might stink. 🤭

But seriously, she knew my current bottle of Harry's body wash was running low. Then there's the bourbon scent. She done good. The smell of this is something akin to a bottle of bourbon that was spilled in an old cedar chest some time back. Not bad at all. Anyway, it sure beats the hell out of the smell of the bourbon scented car air fresheners that my son got me last year. 🤧

Biba! Joe

DSC_0004.jpeg

Harry in WashDC
2 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

My wife was out and about yesterday while I was at work. She did some shopping, and bought me a couple of things. One was a bottle of body wash. It has a bourbon cedar fragrance. I still can't help but wonder if it's because of the bourbon scent, or that I might stink. 🤭

But seriously, she knew my current bottle of Harry's body wash was running low. Then there's the bourbon scent. She done good. The smell of this is something akin to a bottle of bourbon that was spilled in an old cedar chest some time back. Not bad at all. Anyway, it sure beats the hell out of the smell of the bourbon scented car air fresheners that my son got me last year. 🤧

Biba! Joe

DSC_0004.jpeg

Stuart doesn't look like he's enjoying sitting/standing in that mug.  And I think Bob is checking out the bourbon cedar OR that gun.  I sure hope it's the wash.

fishnbowljoe

It’s Dr. Nefario’s fart gun.

• I like it 1

Harry in WashDC

THANKS!! I knew I'd seen it before.

fishnbowljoe
33 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

THANKS!! I knew I'd seen it before.

My collecting of Minions stuff started a few years ago with a gift from one of my Special Olympics kids family. I always brought a travel mug of coffee with me for bowling practices. I was gifted a Minions “NEED COFFEE” t-shirt. Then came lounge pants from my wife. Then another t-shirt, the mini keychain figures, the fart gun, a night light, and just recently, the Bob ball. All fun stuff. I can hardly wait for Xmas. 😀  Below is a pic I posted here before while I was recovering from my rotator cuff surgery. “Doing PT With BT”. I also sent the pic to the folks at BT. They got a kick out of it.

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg

• I like it 3

evasive
On 10/17/2020 at 12:13 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

DSC_0004.jpeg

I bought a bottle of that a couple weeks ago. It's not bad. The cedar gives it a little astringent note. I've also used the Bath and Body Works bourbon-scented body wash, which is a little sweeter smelling. I don't like either of them as well as Moulton Brown's black pepper body wash, but they're 1/3 the price.

• I like it 1

fishnbowljoe
1 minute ago, evasive said:

I bought a bottle of that a couple weeks ago. It's not bad. The cedar gives it a little astringent note. I've also used the Bath and Body Works bourbon-scented body wash, which is a little sweeter smelling. I don't like either of them as well as Moulton Brown's black pepper body wash, but they're 1/3 the price.

Have you tried any of Harry’s yet? They have 4 different scents if I’m not mistaken. IMHO, they’re all pretty good. You might want to give one a shot. 

evasive
On 10/20/2020 at 3:43 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

Have you tried any of Harry’s yet? They have 4 different scents if I’m not mistaken. IMHO, they’re all pretty good. You might want to give one a shot. 

I’ve only tried their shaving products. I’ll give that a shot. Thanks. 

• I like it 1