Your choice of a $50-60 bottle

rmoore926
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

20 hours ago, rmoore926 said:

Thanks again for the help and suggestions.  Added the Old Forester 1920 to the wish list.  It seems like it was a crowd pleaser and it is easy to find at Total Wine.  Don't want my wife to have to drive all over stopping at liquor stores for me.  Cheers!

Definitely gets my vote....and the Knob Creek 12 year old. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/25/2020 at 6:12 PM, rmoore926 said:

Thanks again for the help and suggestions.  Added the Old Forester 1920 to the wish list.  It seems like it was a crowd pleaser and it is easy to find at Total Wine.  Don't want my wife to have to drive all over stopping at liquor stores for me.  Cheers!

1920 would have been my top choice for someone who likes sweeter bourbons.  I am also in SoCal (Torrance) and it is readily available at my local TW for $55.  I am lucky because there is a real bourbon afficionado at my local store that I have spent hours talking to over the last year.  I would also second suggestions for McKenna BIB, though it is harder to find at that price around here.   Michter's Small Batch also drinks a little on the sweet side IMO, but it can be readily found south of $50.

I don't know where you are in SoCa but Mission Trails in San Diego is a bourbon drinker's paradise, also Hi-Time in Costa Mesa. 

Thanks for the help and suggestions of places.  I'm farther north than SD.  I'm actually up the street from the LA County fairgrounds and the dragstrip where the winter Nationals are if you know the area.  I hope she's able to make it out to get the 1920.  Everyone seems to agree that it's a good bourbon.  

My wife went to Cal Poly Pomona back when the Winternationals were done on horseback lol.

Looking forward to your report on the 1920. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.