What Bourbon Are You Gifting This Year?

ABVT
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

23 hours ago, FacePlant said:

I don't think I'll get a SB award for this one, but I have culled some bottles I decided I really didn't want to drink. Several friends will drink bourbon but are not bourdon snobs, so I  killed two birds with one bottle.

You should repost that one in the Pro Tip thread.   Well played sir!

22 hours ago, parksmart said:

I then told him to look out for the letter on the stopper, and that he could collect them to spell Blanton’s...... 

That was just plain mean...  ?

• I like it 4

My son in law loves bourbon, but when he last dropped by he went slack-jawed at a taste of Kilchoman Machir Bay.     I can't get that one anymore ,   so I gifted him a bottle of Caol Ila 12,   which I think comes closest to the ashes 'n sea-stink  of that dear departed Kilchoman.

As for a gift bourbon,   I think a Belle Meade Reserve would make friends wherever it's bestowed.  

Edited by Jazzhead

Gave my bro in law a bottle of bonded Old Grand Dad.  He drinks Scotch so either I have gifted an alternative or suggested what he might give in return.

My brother-in-law loves Knob Creek, so I got him a gift set that includes a couple of glasses.  He loves that kind of shit.

Our youngest son's girlfriend, loves Knob Creek Rye.  Our local LS had an engraving event, so I got her bottle engraved, "2020. Never Again!"

• I like it 4

I don’t really exchange gifts with anyone who is into bourbon enough to gift a whole bottle (I gifted several bottles of good wine out though). But I did see a handful of old friends who I would say are casual bourbon fans, so I made them each either a sample pack or small mason jar of something from my opens, depending on what I know of their preferences. It was a grab bag of my MWND, Blanton’s, and a good store pick WR Double Oaked.  

On 12/21/2020 at 10:39 PM, Jazzhead said:

My son in law loves bourbon, but when he last dropped by he went slack-jawed at a taste of Kilchoman Machir Bay.     I can't get that one anymore ,   so I gifted him a bottle of Caol Ila 12,   which I think comes closest to the ashes 'n sea-stink  of that dear departed Kilchoman.

As for a gift bourbon,   I think a Belle Meade Reserve would make friends wherever it's bestowed.  

Jazzhead, we need to verify your assumption.  Send me a bottle of Belle Meade Reserve and see if we become friends.

4 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Jazzhead, we need to verify your assumption.  Send me a bottle of Belle Meade Reserve and see if we become friends.

If that's all it takes . . . . . . .  ?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.