Jump to content

What Bourbon Did You Pass On Today (Winter 2020-2021)


CardsandBourbon

Recommended Posts

CardsandBourbon

What! You wouldn't pay $249.99 for a 2 year old, 80 proof, "craft" whiskey.  Come on man, you know it's gotta be stellar.  The fake backstory on the label should tell you that.  OK, so you didn't buy it.  Why?

Edited by CardsandBourbon
  • I like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • PaulO

    23

  • PhantomLamb

    16

  • GeeTen

    15

  • fishnbowljoe

    12

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These groups are a large reason why things are so screwed up. I accidentally stumbled on one while looking for something. This one was large and well organized. They had info on products and delivery

Is that a special release for the beginning of Ramadan.

And the wife sitting right next to you in the car all the way home!   😅  

Posted Images

Because it tastes like trash, that's why ?.  

 

Passed on KC 15yr for $99.  Don't have the budget but I would love to try this, I'm a sucker for anything Jim Beam.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

Because it tastes like trash, that's why ?.  

 

Passed on KC 15yr for $99.  Don't have the budget but I would love to try this, I'm a sucker for anything Jim Beam.  

Don’t worry my man. When I eventually get around to cracking my mine open, I’ve got you covered. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rhettro said:

Don’t worry my man. When I eventually get around to cracking my mine open, I’ve got you covered. 

You didn't tell me you picked on up, awesome!

  • I like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jfletchgu said:

Let these stellar deals pass me by today. Friar Tucks prices just keep getting worse and worse.

4C603F8B-F06F-43EE-B0DD-F9D86974B1C7.jpeg

D7BA9DE8-B4E8-48D8-9A90-EDAE4FA8949F.jpeg

 

No kidding.

Is that Springfield IL?

I've heard stories about that location in particular.

Not that the MO locations are any better, but at least they keep their raping behind closed doors instead of out in the open.

  • I like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, 0895 said:

 

No kidding.

Is that Springfield IL?

I've heard stories about that location in particular.

Not that the MO locations are any better, but at least they keep their raping behind closed doors instead of out in the open.

Forsyth, IL

  • I like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, yobber76 said:

I think I would pass on most anything at $249.

 

Couldn't pass on the RR16yr at $249.99. as Part 1 of the 2020 Lottery wins

 

 

2020 Lottery Batch 1.jpg

 

First one I bought was that good!   ?

 

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jfletchgu said:

Let these stellar deals pass me by today. Friar Tucks prices just keep getting worse and worse.

4C603F8B-F06F-43EE-B0DD-F9D86974B1C7.jpeg

D7BA9DE8-B4E8-48D8-9A90-EDAE4FA8949F.jpeg

The $62 for RRSiB is pretty reasonable, no?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GeeTen said:

 

Couldn't pass on the RR16yr at $249.99. as Part 1 of the 2020 Lottery wins

 

 

2020 Lottery Batch 1.jpg

 

First one I bought was that good!   ?

 

That part 1 win was really the stuff till part 2 came along. :) Well done GeeTen. Somebody's got the Happy Holiday Spirit going on.

  • I like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, GeeTen said:

 

Couldn't pass on the RR16yr at $249.99. as Part 1 of the 2020 Lottery wins

 

 

2020 Lottery Batch 1.jpg

 

First one I bought was that good!   ?

 

You're right, there are bourbons worth the price. It's just hard to see some of these old standard affordable bourbons triple or quadruple in price. Enjoy!

  • I like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, yobber76 said:

You're right, there are bourbons worth the price. It's just hard to see some of these old standard affordable bourbons triple or quadruple in price. Enjoy!

I jumped back into the RR2003 last night - man its it good.   The low proof really throws you off in the head, then you nose and sip and it is just amazing.

  • I like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

The $62 for RRSiB is pretty reasonable, no?


yeah, that’s pretty standard for IL, and arguably one of the better pours in that cabinet...

Edited by 0895
Link to post
Share on other sites

Passed on Blade and Bow 22yr for $499.  sitting behind the counter over in Raleigh.   they can keep it for that price......

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, JT3NSB said:

Passed on Blade and Bow 22yr for $499.  sitting behind the counter over in Raleigh.   they can keep it for that price......

Since it has a trace of SW bourbon that bottle will likely get gobbled up pretty quickly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JT3NSB said:

Passed on Blade and Bow 22yr for $499.  sitting behind the counter over in Raleigh.   they can keep it for that price......

This is a chart from the NC ABC Commission giving a sample breakdown of their pricing:
PriceBreakdownPerBottle.thumb.jpg.5f381d40492d6780d48f29655dc8ae14.jpg

Since the msrp on that Blade & Bow 22Y is $450, I'm guessing for super allocated things like that they might add on a higher % for the state excise tax & local ABC board profit (probably something more in the  30-35% range for each).

The allocation on that release was a max of 1 care per county w/ most counties no receiving any at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

Since it has a trace of SW bourbon that bottle will likely get gobbled up pretty quickly. 

 

I don't think the 22y is solera aged like the regular (NAS) bottles are.

The Website doesn't talk about any of that trickery anyway.

 

The regular stuff is decent enough bourbon, but for $45 there are about 100 better options available.

  • I like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Passed on a bunch of Old Ezra 7 at $50. Not terrible priced but I'm pretty sure I have at least one left in the bunker. 

I also passed on their lone bottle of Blanton's Gold for the low, low price of $399.99.

  • I like it 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Clueby said:

Passed on a bunch of Old Ezra 7 at $50. Not terrible priced but I'm pretty sure I have at least one left in the bunker. 

I also passed on their lone bottle of Blanton's Gold for the low, low price of $399.99.

 

Ouch!  And I thought $199.99 was an outrageous price for a Blanton's Gold when they showed up around these here parts last month!   🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting low on BT and went looking for some yesterday...found it for $31.99 and $32.99. Uh, no.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Passed on the first bottle of Weller Antique I had seen in years, at the low, low price of $285. I have one in the bunker that I think I paid around $40 for. 

  • I like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Last day of the year. (Thank goodness. 😒) I had a couple of bottles in my sights, but somehow managed to pass. Price wasn’t an issue. The  BT was at msrp, and the MM46 was  on sale. 

  • I like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Last day of the year. (Thank goodness. 😒) I had a couple of bottles in my sights, but somehow managed to pass. Price wasn’t an issue. The  BT was at msrp, and the MM46 was  on sale. 

A bourbon Zen moment?

Happy New year.

  • I like it 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.