Price changes for Heaven Hill products?

k-train
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Every 3 months, the state of North Carolina releases a new Quarterly Price List. The newest one just came out today & I'm seeing a bunch of Heaven Hill products have jumped up in price. Most aren't by much, but that $10 hike for ECBP stands out. Wondering if this is happening across the board, or just here?

ECBP $60 to $70
HMSiB $40 to $45
EWBiB $16 to $17
ECSB $30 to $32
EW Black Label $14 to $15
EW1783 actually decreased from $20 to $18
Mattingly & Moore $16 to $17

They have also removed EW Green Label from the list completely, which seems odd because a ton of bars & restaurants use that as their rail bourbon, so I'm wondering if HH stopped making it

1 hour ago, PhantomLamb said:

Odd, those have the prices out here for a long time.  ECBP for $60 is fantastic.

Yeah, that's why I'm bummed they're bumping it up to $70 now.

The Oregon state liquor site also shows increases. ECBP up $10 and small batch up $5. Must be the new msrp from HH.

• I like it 1

I've seen a steady increase of price points for HH products over the last 2 yrs. 

Even though I am a long time HH Fan Boy, They are beginning to price themselves off of my bar. 

Cheers

• I like it 1

I'm never in favor of paying more, although even at $70 ECBP seems more than fair for quality, 12 yr old well made bourbon.  I used to love Bookers at $50 around 7-8 yrs old, but current pricing hasn't appealed to me.  

(wait . . . just noticed that they pushed Virgin Bourbon up to $18 . . . that's just rude!)

• I like it 4

No price change yet in Ohio - still $59.99.   Although we haven't had any on the shelves in a long time either.

I have seen a slight increase in price for ECBP here in DE.  Bought a few in May 2020 at $65, just paid $75 for one yesterday at the same store.  Not sure it is not the store that increased the price, just thought I would add my experience.

• I like it 1

18 minutes ago, Richdel said:

I have seen a slight increase in price for ECBP here in DE.  Bought a few in May 2020 at $65, just paid $75 for one yesterday at the same store.  Not sure it is not the store that increased the price, just thought I would add my experience.

I’d say that’s more than a slight increase...  🤪

• ECBP C920 is $69.99 OTD around here ($10 increase over B520)  Waiting to see what our neighbors from the north will be charging for the C920.  🤪
  • I like it 1

I have noticed a price bump in bourbon prices across the board in the Indy area since the beginning of 2021.  It appears just about every major brand is about 10% higher.

Edited by mbroo5880i

11 hours ago, GeeTen said:
  • ECBP C920 is $69.99 OTD around here ($10 increase over B520)  Waiting to see what our neighbors from the north will be charging for the C920.  🤪

That is if they ever release it!!! Doing everything but raiding the warehouse in Concord at the moment and still can't get any answers on when C920 will come out!!

On 1/30/2021 at 7:49 AM, geclbxf said:

No price change yet in Ohio - still $59.99.   Although we haven't had any on the shelves in a long time either.

Unfortunately they have in deed increased the price for ECBP here in Ohio, it is now $69.99 retail and $65.80 whole sale....

2 hours ago, ThirstyinOhio said:

Unfortunately they have in deed increased the price for ECBP here in Ohio, it is now $69.99 retail and $65.80 whole sale....

WOW - I checked the OHLQ site prior to posting that on 1/30.   It went up in last few days.   That leads me to believe this is a wide sweeping change to MSRP.

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, ThirstyinOhio said:

It wasn't too long ago that it was $49.99

• I like it 1

19 hours ago, Phil T said:

It wasn't too long ago that it was $49.99

and I remember buying EC18 all day at $45-50 in Ohio before they took it off the market just to reintroduce it again a couple years later at 2.5x the price.....those were the good ole days

Sucks, but I'd pay the $70.00 for the ECBP*

*I'm the cheapest bastard on this board, if that tells you anything about how much I love the ECBP

Of course I don’t like price increases, but $70 for a 12 year age stated barrel proof offering is still one of the best value buys out there.

1 hour ago, webfoots said:

Of course I don’t like price increases, but $70 for a 12 year age stated barrel proof offering is still one of the best value buys out there.

Yeah, I don't think you'll get any argument on that. It's just that several folks were able to get it without too terribly much fuss for $60, so a $10 increase still feels pretty substantial... even if it's 100% justifiable.

Here in NC, McKenna SiB has jumped up something like $15 in the past 3-4 years. The difference is, it was done in increments of $5/year so it didn't feel so drastic.

So while I agree that $70 is still a great price for ECBP, I kinda wish they would've raised it $5 this year, and then another $5 in a year or two to get to that $70 price point across the board. I suppose when you consider the difference that $5 makes based on the number of bottles they'll sell... and knowing they'll still sell everything at $70 regardless... it wasn't in their interests to approach the price increase for ECBP any other way.

Let's just hope this is the end result for a while & not the start of a trend though. Would be a little disspaointing if we see if jump another $10 next year, then another $10 the year after, etc. so that it soon becomes a $100 bottle.

To me, a big part of what makes it so amazing is the extremely rare value. So, I'd love to see that stay a part of the magic of ECBP.

55 minutes ago, k-train said:

Yeah, I don't think you'll get any argument on that. It's just that several folks were able to get it without too terribly much fuss for $60, so a $10 increase still feels pretty substantial... even if it's 100% justifiable.

Here in NC, McKenna SiB has jumped up something like $15 in the past 3-4 years. The difference is, it was done in increments of $5/year so it didn't feel so drastic.

So while I agree that $70 is still a great price for ECBP, I kinda wish they would've raised it $5 this year, and then another $5 in a year or two to get to that $70 price point across the board. I suppose when you consider the difference that $5 makes based on the number of bottles they'll sell... and knowing they'll still sell everything at $70 regardless... it wasn't in their interests to approach the price increase for ECBP any other way.

Let's just hope this is the end result for a while & not the start of a trend though. Would be a little disspaointing if we see if jump another $10 next year, then another $10 the year after, etc. so that it soon becomes a $100 bottle.

To me, a big part of what makes it so amazing is the extremely rare value. So, I'd love to see that stay a part of the magic of ECBP.

They've probably noticed what Beam has done with Booker's.  Up from $50 to $70 - $80 near me and up to $100 in some places and it no longer sits on the shelf like it used to.  I would be surprised if HH stands pat with only one $10 bump for ECBP

15 hours ago, ThomasGazelle said:

I was able to get an EW Black for 9.50; with coupon, this weekend.  I love living in KY.

I get it for $8.99 after 6 btl. (mix and match) discount at my local Safeway supermarket.  An amazing deal; I don't see how anybody makes any money selling quality bourbon at that price...

On 2/2/2021 at 2:06 PM, k-train said:

When NC first started carrying HMcK10 (and it wasn't that long ago) it was 24.95. It was 27.95 when the Whiskey of the Year happened.

On 1/29/2021 at 3:44 PM, k-train said:

...They have also removed EW Green Label from the list completely, which seems odd because a ton of bars & restaurants use that as their rail bourbon, so I'm wondering if HH stopped making it

I was in my local NC ABC yesterday and a lady was bemoaning the absence of her go-to EW Green. Guy behind the counter said that they hadn't been able to get it for a couple months. Didn't mention it being dropped, but that would appear to be the case.

10 hours ago, fosmith said:

I get it for $8.99 after 6 btl. (mix and match) discount at my local Safeway supermarket.  An amazing deal; I don't see how anybody makes any money selling quality bourbon at that price...

Same chain has handles for $15.29 after 6 bottle discount.  When I need a bottle or three to round out a 6 bottle purchase, I always grab the EW Blk 1.75L.  My drinking buddies happily scarf them up.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.