Price changes for Heaven Hill products?

k-train
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

8 hours ago, BDanner said:

When NC first started carrying HMcK10 (and it wasn't that long ago) it was 24.95. It was 27.95 when the Whiskey of the Year happened.

Yeah, it was definitely really cheap around here & almost always on sale for the longest time. You can still access the monthly specials from the NC ABC site going all the way back to Feb. 2002. When McKenna won Whiskey of the Year in 2019, it was already priced at $35 here in NC, but was often on sale for $30. Just a short time before that though, it could be gotten easily for less.

Contrary to my thinking that they raised to $5 per year, they actually raised it $1 per year for several years before they started the $5/year price hike in the past few years.

Nov 2020: $45
Feb 2020: $40
2019: $35, on sale for $30 (This was actually a month before it won Whiskey of the Year. This was also the last time it appeared on the sale list, as it has since become an allocated item)
2018: $31, on sale for $27
2016- 2017: $30, on sale for $26
2015: $29, on sale for $25
2014: $28, on sale for $23
2005-2013: $26, on sale for $20

9 hours ago, BDanner said:

I was in my local NC ABC yesterday and a lady was bemoaning the absence of her go-to EW Green. Guy behind the counter said that they hadn't been able to get it for a couple months. Didn't mention it being dropped, but that would appear to be the case.

Yeah, I don't know for sure, but thought it was really odd that it wasn't included on the newest price list. After doing some searching on the internet, it seems some folks in other parts of the country are getting the same feeling about it being discontinued.

10 hours ago, k-train said:

Yeah, it was definitely really cheap around here & almost always on sale for the longest time. You can still access the monthly specials from the NC ABC site going all the way back to Feb. 2002. When McKenna won Whiskey of the Year in 2019, it was already priced at $35 here in NC, but was often on sale for $30. Just a short time before that though, it could be gotten easily for less.

Contrary to my thinking that they raised to $5 per year, they actually raised it $1 per year for several years before they started the $5/year price hike in the past few years.

Nov 2020: $45
Feb 2020: $40
2019: $35, on sale for $30 (This was actually a month before it won Whiskey of the Year. This was also the last time it appeared on the sale list, as it has since become an allocated item)
2018: $31, on sale for $27
2016- 2017: $30, on sale for $26
2015: $29, on sale for $25
2014: $28, on sale for $23
2005-2013: $26, on sale for $20

I didn't realize that this was available until 2014. Maybe that's just when stores in my area decided to pick it up.

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, k-train said:

Yeah, I don't know for sure, but thought it was really odd that it wasn't included on the newest price list. After doing some searching on the internet, it seems some folks in other parts of the country are getting the same feeling about it being discontinued.

It's funny...I tried to recommend some other things for her (Ezra Brooks or standard EWB) but mentioned the proof difference. Her reply was that she didn't really care about proof, but she wanted it to be Sour Mash, she couldn't stand the "sweet" stuff. 

50 minutes ago, BDanner said:

It's funny...I tried to recommend some other things for her (Ezra Brooks or standard EWB) but mentioned the proof difference. Her reply was that she didn't really care about proof, but she wanted it to be Sour Mash, she couldn't stand the "sweet" stuff. 

🤣

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.