Mislabeled Blanton’s Bourbon Single Barrel Bottle

Drumme3974
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have acquired a Blanton’s Single Barrel Bottle of Bourdon that has been mislabeled. When I un-bagged the bottle, I noticed the label on the body of the bottle has been placed upside down. I emailed the company and they stated that everything is bottled by hand and this was a mistake on their end and it had slipped through their quality control. I’ve done some research and haven’t found another bottle like this. Does anyone have any thoughts on the matter. Thank you. 

Blanton’s is a decent bourbon whether the label is upside down or right side up. Open it up and enjoy. 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 5

Isn't there a rare stamp with a biplane printed upside down?  Maybe if you sent it back to Buffalo Trace, they'll give you a bottle of Blanton's Gold to make up for their error.  Or not.  😂

J/K.  Welcome to SB.com where nothing is sacred (well almost nothing).  😊

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 1

39 minutes ago, Drumme3974 said:

I have acquired a Blanton’s Single Barrel Bottle of Bourdon that has been mislabeled. When I un-bagged the bottle, I noticed the label on the body of the bottle has been placed upside down. I emailed the company and they stated that everything is bottled by hand and this was a mistake on their end and it had slipped through their quality control. I’ve done some research and haven’t found another bottle like this. Does anyone have any thoughts on the matter. Thank you. 

I'm pretty sure, by law that you have to stand on yer head and drink it. I'll hold your feet if you share... 😜

• I like it 1

I figured to collector this might be something of interest due to how rare the bottle can be in its normal state. 

It’s basically illegal to buy, sell or trade alcohol without a license. Some of us get together occasionally to tell stories and share our rarities with each other. Just sayin’. 

Did you read the site rules and guidelines you agreed to when you joined here?  It helps a lot if you do. I’m guessing you didn’t because I’m pretty sure something is mentioned there about duplicate posts and cross posting. Which you did. Yes, I deleted your exact same post in the other thread. 

• I like it 1

I’m guessing you like bourbon since you bought a bottle of Blanton’s. My advice to you is to forget about the upside down label and enjoy your bourbon. 

It's probably rare off the line but nothing I couldn't replicate at home if I wanted an upside down label for some reason.  Enjoy it upside down or otherwise.

Blanton’s spelled backwards is Snotnalb. 

Remove the horse and drink up. 

• I like it 5

3 hours ago, Drumme3974 said:

I figured to collector this might be something of interest due to how rare the bottle can be in its normal state. 

Also true is that the labels can be removed by soaking the bottle in water and then putting them back on (after drying) upside down, utilizing an Elmer’s (not T Lee) glue stick.

🤷‍♂️

Edited by 0895

Sorry if it seems like we gave you a hard time. This isn’t a site that accommodates the buying, trading and selling of alcohol because it’s illegal. Nor are we a site that appraises products. We share other types of information such as our thoughts on products and things we’ve experienced. This is spelled out in our rules and other guidelines. When a persons first post is something like, “I have this rare bottle. How much is it worth?”, we get a little leery. We’ve had dozens, if not hundreds of people that come here and their first post is about a bottle that came into their possession, and they want to sell or trade it. Like I said, we’ve gotten a bit skeptical, if not a little bit defensive after seeing this happen time and time again. 

Joe

• I like it 1

So much for trying to learn about the product and not once did I ever mention about selling the product. So thank you for all of your knowledge and expressing your feelings. 

11 minutes ago, Drumme3974 said:

So much for trying to learn about the product and not once did I ever mention about selling the product. So thank you for all of your knowledge and expressing your feelings. 

Wait, what?  If you mean the contents INSIDE the bottle when you refer to “product”, I’ve reread your posts in this thread and don’t see a single mention of that by you.  Everything is about the exterior of the bottle, and whether that would be of interest to a collector.  

So if you want to actually focus on the contents of an unusual (but not wildly valuable) bottle, you’ve come to the right place!  There are pages upon pages of posts here of people’s thoughts about Blanton’s OSB.  Take an hour or so to do a search and read of this forum, and you’ll have a wealth of knowledge about the product.  Enjoy the journey!

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Sorry if it seems like we gave you a hard time. This isn’t a site that accommodates the buying, trading and selling of alcohol because it’s illegal. Nor are we a site that appraises products. We share other types of information such as our thoughts on products and things we’ve experienced. This is spelled out in our rules and other guidelines. When a persons first post is something like, “I have this rare bottle. How much is it worth?”, we get a little leery. We’ve had dozens, if not hundreds of people that come here and their first post is about a bottle that came into their possession, and they want to sell or trade it. Like I said, we’ve gotten a bit skeptical, if not a little bit defensive after seeing this happen time and time again. 

Joe

With so much experience with these type of inquiries, I would hope we would have become better at working through them.  The heavy handedness of our approach has become tiresome and unproductive in promoting inclusion and constructive discussion, IMO.  

• I like it 3

I'd like to see a picture so where are the pictures?  As I've seen typed before, pictures or it didn't happen 😉 ...

• I like it 2

8 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

With so much experience with these type of inquiries, I would hope we would have become better at working through them.  The heavy handedness of our approach has become tiresome and unproductive in promoting inclusion and constructive discussion, IMO.  

If you could see some of the other things here that don’t even see the light of day, maybe you’d think differently. Being a moderator isn’t easy. You take it easy, and you get taken advantage of. You try and stick more closely to the rules and guidelines, and you’re called heavy handed. Sheeeeeesh. 🤬

Joe

• I like it 1

14 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

If you could see some of the other things here that don’t even see the light of day, maybe you’d think differently. Being a moderator isn’t easy. You take it easy, and you get taken advantage of. You try and stick more closely to the rules and guidelines, and you’re called heavy handed. Sheeeeeesh. 🤬

Joe

I thought heavy handed was a good thing if you were into pouring whiskey.

• I like it 9

6 minutes ago, Mattk said:

I thought heavy handed was a good thing if you were into pouring whiskey.

🤣🤣🤣

Isn't there some sort of liquor dispenser used in Europe.  The bottles go into it upside down.  Distillers would make special bottles just for this, with the label upside down.  It seems like once in a great while, someone would find one of those bottles.  

Once, I bought a bottle of regular WT 101 with the label all messed up.  Two labels had gotten stuck together and attached at about a 45 degree angle.  At first, I wasn't going to get it, but had to get six bottles for the discount.  It turned out to be excellent, the batch with the higher proportion of older barrels in the batch. 🙂

3 hours ago, Drumme3974 said:

47506339-437E-45E9-9F9D-959DD57A0162.thumb.jpeg.72ff80961bcfce30ef4aa06460477b7f.jpeg

If I was buying Blanton's and saw this one, I would certainly pick it out over others on the shelf, all things being equal. A neat novelty. I wouldn't pay anything extra for the privilege however.

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.