Mislabeled Blanton’s Bourbon Single Barrel Bottle

Drumme3974
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

4 hours ago, Drumme3974 said:

47506339-437E-45E9-9F9D-959DD57A0162.thumb.jpeg.72ff80961bcfce30ef4aa06460477b7f.jpeg

Pretty funny error actually.

Thanks for sharing.

I have to wonder if someone didn't do that on purpose.

I feel like if I worked there, I would probably do that once in awhile just to be funny.

• I like it 2

8 hours ago, 0895 said:

I have to wonder if someone didn't do that on purpose.

I feel like if I worked there, I would probably do that once in awhile just to be funny.

Really?  "I'm shocked, I tell you, shocked!"   😵

• I like it 1

11 hours ago, PaulO said:

Isn't there some sort of liquor dispenser used in Europe.  The bottles go into it upside down.  Distillers would make special bottles just for this, with the label upside down.  It seems like once in a great while, someone would find one of those bottles.  

Once, I bought a bottle of regular WT 101 with the label all messed up.  Two labels had gotten stuck together and attached at about a 45 degree angle.  At first, I wasn't going to get it, but had to get six bottles for the discount.  It turned out to be excellent, the batch with the higher proportion of older barrels in the batch. 🙂

We have them in the UK, they're called an optic (or bar optics). They dispense 25ml shots. Standard bottle labels are the normal way up but you can get larger 1.75l bottles that have the label 'upside down' so as to appear the right way up on the optic. 

image.thumb.png.842eb7c4df99fe3248a3dbc21da3cb0f.png

• I like it 1

I received one of these as a present years ago. I never used it, and it just sat around collecting dust. It went to the big blue bin a while back. 😐

image.thumb.jpeg.542bf6c123bc1ccf1a0e902c7850ca81.jpeg

Reminds me kind of like a MM slam dunk. Definitely cool, and welcome!

8 hours ago, beasled said:

We have them in the UK, they're called an optic (or bar optics). They dispense 25ml shots. Standard bottle labels are the normal way up but you can get larger 1.75l bottles that have the label 'upside down' so as to appear the right way up on the optic. 

image.thumb.png.842eb7c4df99fe3248a3dbc21da3cb0f.png

Those measured shots in the UK, and Ireland, drove me nuts. I quickly learned to order doubles. 😂

2 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Those measured shots in the UK, and Ireland, drove me nuts. I quickly learned to order doubles. 😂

Yeaaaah you learn at a young age to order doubles here! 

• I like it 1

7 minutes ago, beasled said:

Yeaaaah you learn at a young age to order doubles here! 

The beer and ales were so good, in the UK, that I didn't drink much whiskey.  That, and I drank a lot of Scotch and Irish whiskey. You're beer game is strong. 

• I like it 1

26 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

The beer and ales were so good, in the UK, that I didn't drink much whiskey.  That, and I drank a lot of Scotch and Irish whiskey. You're beer game is strong. 

We do like our ales! It's interesting to see the rise in craft beer here (well needed) that the ales still stand toe to toe with the mega hopped hazy stuff. 

Its a good time to be a beer fan. 

• I like it 3

It’s still thin and in my opinion, the current distillations are overrated - Upside down label or not... now an upside down horse would be another matter....✌🏼

• I like it 1

On 3/6/2021 at 9:06 AM, fishnbowljoe said:

I received one of these as a present years ago. I never used it, and it just sat around collecting dust. It went to the big blue bin a while back. 😐

image.thumb.jpeg.542bf6c123bc1ccf1a0e902c7850ca81.jpeg

I had one exactly like that. Mine went to FB Marketplace. I'm sure whoever bought isn't using it either.

• I like it 6

10 hours ago, Clueby said:

I had one exactly like that. Mine went to FB Marketplace. I'm sure whoever bought isn't using it either.

When you're too lazy to turn the bottle upside down every time...

• I like it 3

It sure looks like people take pride in these bottles after what you have stated about mine. 

Has anyone stated your bottle is worth less b/c the label is upside down?

Open it.  Drink it.  Enjoy!

It could be the only one that exists so no, I am not opening it up just yet. I can buy others. 

20 minutes ago, Drumme3974 said:

It could be the only one that exists so no, I am not opening it up just yet. I can buy others. 

You do you. Goodness knows people have spent money on whiskey they never intend to drink.

Since you've posted this to a forum, the assumption is you want feedback. Personally, I can understand keeping the bottle as a one-off. I might do the same, but for me that would mean keeping the bottle once empty 🙂.  I wouldn't worry about if it is the only one that exists in the world. I can't see a simple mislabel on a consumer product as anything approaching analogous to an error within a run of official legal tender such as coins or even stamps. At least I hope to goodness whiskey collecting hasn't gone to that level of absurdity. As noted above, 2 minutes and a bit of steam would produce the exact same result. 

Edited by dad-proof
  • I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.