Bourbon MEME's

CardsandBourbon

13 hours ago, GeeTen said:

tea bag in whiskey.jpg

OK, I went through all 13 pages of this thread to insure that I'm not posting a dupe again (noticed I'm GUILTY as charged for a few, sorry)!  ☺️

It reminds me, there was a relatively widespread practice during prohibition - drinking whiskey out of tea or coffee cups.

Also, it doesn't count as "drinking all day" unless you start in the morning. 🥴

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, PaulO said:

It reminds me, there was a relatively widespread practice during prohibition - drinking whiskey out of tea or coffee cups.

Next time you're in a Chinese restaurant, try ordering "cold tea" - always worked when I was in college to get a whisk(e)y for an under-age student (me!).  🤩

• I like it 2

shower bar.jpg

It's really tough getting OLD!  But orders are orders.   😇

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 11

rum MAGA.jpg

Not bourbon, but still a brown spirit (if you get the good stuff).  😂

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 2

The opposite of any Weller product...

Screenshot 2023-05-25 at 10.49.49 PM.png

Note - this is apparently a real product, but the name is so ironic, the dad joke wrote itself :lol:

Edited by jvd99
  • I like it 5

Making ice taste better.png

So they say!   😍

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 6

• 2 weeks later...

4 skins.png

I know it's not bourbon, but I just had to laugh at those crazy Canuks . . . .  must be something in the water in Nova Scotia!   😳

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 10

1 hour ago, PaulO said:

Not a good name for sure.

Reminds of a restaurant a while back in California. C A Jones. 🫨

On 6/6/2023 at 6:09 AM, GeeTen said:

4 skins.png

I know it's not bourbon, but I just had to laugh at those crazy Canuks . . . .  must be something in the water in Nova Scotia!   😳

I once interviewed an applicant whose name was Richard Johnson, Jr.  Can you guess what he was? I played it straight the entire time.

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, Special Reserve said:

I once interviewed an applicant whose name was Richard Johnson, Jr.  Can you guess what he was? I played it straight the entire time.

Back in college the manager of our go-to bar was named Richard Shafter, but he went by Dick, and proud of it

• I like it 4

On 6/6/2023 at 5:09 AM, GeeTen said:

4 skins.png

Okay, I'm out of this community purchase!!!

• I like it 3

23 hours ago, Special Reserve said:

About fifteen years ago when I worked at a large regional bank in Atlanta, I met one of the sales team for annuity products and I shit you not, their names were Richard Holder and Sharon Bush.  The magnificence of not only their names but the manager that put them together on a sales team still amazes me to this day. 

Edited by BigRich
  • I like it 9

There used to be a regular contributor to the Bourbonr Facebook group with the name of Richard Handler.  I always assumed it was a pseudonym but you never know...

• I like it 4

Then there’s this baseball pitcher playing for the Beavers…From Super70sSports guy.  😂

9573DBA5-7EAE-4B1F-A42B-CDE16D75C85C.png

• I like it 5

Reminds me.  I need to watch Porky’s again…🤣🤣

• I like it 4

This all reminds me of the early 80's when I lived 2 blocks off of the LSU campus and folks parked in my front yard for the football games. We played Oregon St and I put up a sign out front that said, "Get Your Beavers licked here, Go Tigers"...

I must have had 100 people in my 900 sq ft house, both LSU & OSU fans that gave away tickets to stay at the party. We mixed margaritas & a dozen or so people slept wherever they could on my pit group or the floor. There are no strangers at a party! It was glorious! Ah to be young & stupid!!!

Edited by bayouredd
  • I like it 9

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2023 at 4:48 PM, smokinjoe said:

Reminds me.  I need to watch Porky’s again…🤣🤣

What a classic comedy....one that couldn't be made today...low brow humor at its best

On 6/8/2023 at 5:42 PM, smokinjoe said:

Then there’s this baseball pitcher playing for the Beavers…From Super70sSports guy.  😂

9573DBA5-7EAE-4B1F-A42B-CDE16D75C85C.png

When I was in law school (early 1970s), we entertained ourselves with sexist jokes - The Open Kimono written by I.C. Hairs, etc.  We stopped the game when one of the women students complained and THEN showed us the name of her gynecologist in Baltimore MD - Harry C. Beavers.  Back when we still got hard copy phone books, he was still listed in the Yellow Pages.  Alas, he has passed on.

• I like it 1

Oh, happy father's day you all.

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Oh, happy father's day you all.

Thanx!  ...And, back at ya', my friend.   

It's been great so far!   Went mini-golfing with my wife and daughter, to find Dad's putt free on Father's Day.    Then we went to Buddy's Pizza for lunch (best gluten-free pizza on planet earth, AFAIK), and got a coupon for the next one free in honor of Father's Day!    A true embarrassment of riches, eh?   Ain't life grand?

• I like it 4