Bourbon MEME's

CardsandBourbon

5 hours ago, Clueby said:

FB_IMG_1680491816220.jpg

For the collector, I'd say more likely dork 30 year old white guy, with a beard, and engrossed in his I phone - the tools that get in your way in the big box stores.  

Bourbon drinker - spot on.

• I like it 3

HA!   Reminds me of a comment attributed to Jimmie Russel, longtime Master Distiller of Wild Turkey, supposedly upon overhearing some snobs commenting about the unique and esoteric notes they found in some Bourbon.    The comment was supposedly made to another Master Distiller (maybe Fred Noe?).    It went something like this...     'Do you put any of that shit in your Bourbon?'

I have no ide if this really happened; but, I could totally see Jimmie Russell saying such a thing.   The man has always been a no-bullshit-dyed-in-wool-bourbon-treasure.   ...And, he would absolutely tell you what he thought.

• I like it 4

7 hours ago, jvd99 said:

Screenshot 2023-04-03 at 7.36.33 PM.png

Sounds like somebody didn't wash all the soap off their hands.

• I like it 2

On 4/3/2023 at 8:37 PM, jvd99 said:

Screenshot 2023-04-03 at 7.36.33 PM.png

I have been at a bar before and wondered if there was ..ish in the glass tainting my whiskey.  I usually find the hint of ...it goes away the further into the pour I am.  It usually disappears after a second pour.  😀

Seriously, if you are going to dip glasses in disinfectant, rinse them with water.  Otherwise, just give me the bottle and I will figure out what to do.  😀

• I like it 2

I have found lavender notes in more than a few bourbons over the years.  Primarily, from older Heaven Hills.    

20 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

I have found lavender notes in more than a few bourbons over the years.  Primarily, from older Heaven Hills.    

Well few people have as developed a palate as you do.  LOL!  In my bourbon I just usually find notes of . . . bourbon!

• I like it 1

On 4/3/2023 at 5:48 PM, Richnimrod said:

HA!   Reminds me of a comment attributed to Jimmie Russel, longtime Master Distiller of Wild Turkey, supposedly upon overhearing some snobs commenting about the unique and esoteric notes they found in some Bourbon.    The comment was supposedly made to another Master Distiller (maybe Fred Noe?).    It went something like this...     'Do you put any of that shit in your Bourbon?'

I have no ide if this really happened; but, I could totally see Jimmie Russell saying such a thing.   The man has always been a no-bullshit-dyed-in-wool-bourbon-treasure.   ...And, he would absolutely tell you what he thought.

I don't remember who said though I want to say it was Parker Beam but the quote is essentially true.

My favorite Jimmy quote which I heard in person was when someone asked him how he liked his bourbon and he said with ice because it made the ice taste better.

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, flahute said:

I don't remember who said though I want to say it was Parker Beam but the quote is essentially true.

My favorite Jimmy quote which I heard in person was when someone asked him how he liked his bourbon and he said with ice because it made the ice taste better.

Elmer T. Lee said it to Jimmy Russell. 

https://www.straightbourbon.com/community/topic/27352-a-word-or-two-about-velvet-bricks/?do=findComment&comment=624141

• I like it 2

11 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Look at all the stuff Wild Turkey puts in their Rare Breed!  
https://www.wildturkeybourbon.com/en-us/products/rare-breed/

Spring flowers, black pepper, dates…with the honey and almonds, almost climbing aboard the marzipan train!  LOL!

Heee-heeeeee!   Good job noting this for everybody Joe... except maybe for Jimmie R.

• I like it 1

34 minutes ago, jvd99 said:

Screenshot 2023-04-18 at 5.32.21 PM.png

I can’t quite make out the topper. Do you know by chance what letter it is Jim? I’m still missing a few to complete a second set.

• I like it 4

19 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I can’t quite make out the topper. Do you know by chance what letter it is Jim? I’m still missing a few to complete a second set.

字母

I have a couple of extras from the fields in Xi'an if you want to trade . . . .   🥴

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 2

19 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I think it's a "C" B)

• I like it 1

27 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

字母

I have a couple of extras from the fields in Xi'an if you want to trade . . . .   🥴

Hmmmm….

• I like it 1

20 minutes ago, jvd99 said:

I think it's a "C" B)

How’d you get the emoji to work? 

• I like it 2

1 minute ago, fishnbowljoe said:

How’d you get the emoji to work? 

Seriously? Just click the emoji button in the ribbon on the reply box, scroll all the way down, because (for me at least) all the emojis are little blue boxes with question marks, and at the bottom are a set of legacy emojis that have always been available on SB. 

• I like it 1

16 minutes ago, jvd99 said:

Seriously? Just click the emoji button in the ribbon on the reply box, scroll all the way down, because (for me at least) all the emojis are little blue boxes with question marks, and at the bottom are a set of legacy emojis that have always been available on SB. 

Thanks. I didn’t bother to scroll down because all I saw was the blue boxes with question marks. 👍

• I like it 1

Super70sSports guy posted this today.  He ain’t lyin’!!  LOL

03038215-2B21-44CA-8D43-504ABE1E4476.png

• I like it 7

22 hours ago, jvd99 said:

Screenshot 2023-04-18 at 5.32.21 PM.png

22 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

OK just bourbon from the nose funny, above x2...

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

Super70sSports guy posted this today.  He ain’t lyin’!!  LOL

03038215-2B21-44CA-8D43-504ABE1E4476.png

Don't know if Merle was a bourbonite or not, but when I saw He & The Strangers back in 82' I'm pretty sure that the gallon milk jug he was toting on stage was moonshine...

• I like it 2