Any sightings of the Maker's Mark FAE-01,

LGC
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I heard a rumor there’s no more MM 101 around. :unsure:

It will be back in the fall. Don't you worry.

4 minutes ago, flahute said:

Meanwhile...

I’ve been hoarding MMCS for 34.99-39.99 since Thanksgiving.😉

1 minute ago, Paddy said:

Meanwhile...

I’ve been hoarding MMCS for 34.99-39.99 since Thanksgiving.😉

Gah! I wish I could join you. MMCS just tastes too young to me. I really, really want to like it so bad!

• I like it 1

On 3/25/2021 at 8:03 PM, BDanner said:

Haha...Just to be a little more clear, what I was saying is that much like a peated scotch where peat is all you taste the first few sips, on this one the oak is all you get for the first few sips. Not saying I got any peat whatsoever from MM FAE-01.

I opened my bottle last night. As far as tasting notes go, BDanner hit the nail on the head. Very oak forward. Oak, smoke, and an aldehyde flavor from the get go. To me, this one also drinks a little hotter than it’s proof. Water and a few cubes help, but I’m gonna have to do some more sperimentin’ with this one. Maybe some blending? 😉 The one thing I found intriguing in a kinda good way is the nose. Not your normal caramel or vanilla. It’s hard to describe. 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

On 3/31/2021 at 1:35 PM, LGC said:

Does this mean that at some point Maker's Mark was contemplating a watered down 2021 or is there such a wide range in ABV, batch to batch ?

(from official channel on YouTube)

image.png.e8f56245f49b495a6da6288704fee8d1.png

I suspect that this was filmed before actual bottling took place. Much like when they submit a label to the TTB for approval and use a placeholder for the proof on Cask Strength Bourbon, this was probably a placeholder to shoot the promo video. In fact, that may be plain old Maker's or colored water in that bottle.

Edited by BDanner
  • I like it 1

17 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Thanks guys. I’m kinda glad I bought it. I heard a rumor there’s no more MM 101 around. :unsure:

Biba! Joe

16 hours ago, flahute said:

It has returned to shelves here in NC in the last couple weeks.

On 4/1/2021 at 10:07 AM, fishnbowljoe said:

I opened my bottle last night. As far as tasting notes go, BDanner hit the nail on the head. Very oak forward. Oak, smoke, and an aldehyde flavor from the get go. To me, this one also drinks a little hotter than it’s proof. Water and a few cubes help, but I’m gonna have to do some more sperimentin’ with this one. Maybe some blending? 😉 The one thing I found intriguing in a kinda good way is the nose. Not your normal caramel or vanilla. It’s hard to describe. 

Biba! Joe

I have not had this one.  I saw it at Kroger for $59.99 which is $6 more than I paid for the previous Finishing Series SE4-PR5.  I struggled with that botte due to the aldehyde notes.  However, about half way through I figured it or my palate adjusted and really enjoyed it.  I have found similar experiences with some of the MM46 PS and MMCS.  I find something off putting initially but after tinkering around I finally find it to be very good to exceptional.  I really believe Maker's Mark sings right around 100 proof, thus the MM101 release has been one of my recent favorites of any new releases.  

Alas, I went back to Kroger recently and the FAE-01 was gone.  It was replaced by a deep shelf of MMCS.

• I like it 1

In my area they are just being sold by Total Wine, picked one up today. You are now seeing the SE4xPR5 from last year in the smaller stores at a higher price. 

On 3/31/2021 at 6:02 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

I lied. 🤥 💩

I was out running errands today and stopped in a LS to say hi to the manager. We chatted a while, and believe it or not, I mostly listened. 🙀 The manger complained to me about all the stuff he hasn’t been able to get lately. Imagine my surprise when I spotted a MM FAE-01 on the shelf. Even more surprising was the fact that it was $5.00 cheaper than Binny’s. Add to that, the prices on most items at this store are far from the cheapest in town. I just couldn’t walk away from it. 😏

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Is it me, or does that bottle appear to have your MM girl's wax ponytail on it?  Now we know why you really couldn't pass on that bottle!

On 3/31/2021 at 10:37 PM, flahute said:

On 4/1/2021 at 2:46 PM, BDanner said:

It has returned to shelves here in NC in the last couple weeks.

It's returned to some shelves here in Texas recently as well.  I don't know how it's being released, but nice to see nonetheless.

5 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Is it me, or does that bottle appear to have your MM girl's wax ponytail on it?  Now we know why you really couldn't pass on that bottle!

Xactly! Thanks Kepler. 😉

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.