What bourbon are you drinking fall 2021?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

4RSiB OESQ 9 yr 4 months.  I finally found the best way to sip this one.  One small ice cube really opens up what was rather unremarkable when I sipped it neat. Think I'll go ahead and finish off the last couple of pours in this bottle tonight 

• I like it 2

23 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Me too Kj. Uhhh, maybe you should stock up. I have been.😉

Biba! Joe

Seriously?

Not being a smart-ass, I like it, (a lot), and just bought a bottle for $39.99, which seems reasonable.  They had plenty of it on the shelf.

Is it hard to find?   If so, I like it enough to snag a few more.

Thanks!

#1.

I picked these up today.

I love WT 101 and am almost embarrassed to say that this is the 1st RR 10yr that I've had. I guess the lower proof always made me back off.   Big mistake. This is a very good pour.

20211217_125452.jpg

• I like it 5

2 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

I would hope Binny's is having their holiday sales already.  I would love to have a Binny's or Spec's in Indy.

They have been running some decent sales, which is pretty much the only time I shop there; they've been jacking their prices as of late. For instance, MM101 is 39.99 there.

3 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

I have now moved on to Woodinville.  

So I was reading this fast and didn't see the word "on" so I thought you moved out here and were now my neighbor because Woodinville and the distillery is only 8 miles from my house.

• I like it 3

Last couple of weeks, I’ve  been hanging out with my friends that were more into wine and scotch so hadn’t had a bourbon in awhile. Had a night to myself and decided to open up a Knob Creek 12 and a Four Roses Small Batch Select. I hadn’t dipped into the Four Roses in awhile but the small batch select blew me away. Really enjoyed it and much more than the KC12 (and I did enjoy the KC12). 

53B8C87C-D1AD-4EB8-A8E5-264E6F827EE3.jpeg

90216CB3-B5A9-43D7-B190-B3A40362DD03.jpeg

• I like it 7

13 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

#1.

I picked these up today.

I love WT 101 and am almost embarrassed to say that this is the 1st RR 10yr that I've had. I guess the lower proof always made me back off.   Big mistake. This is a very good pour.

20211217_125452.jpg

Is that a Riggins jersey? LFG

I also have just got the OF BiB and MM101 recently. I will also crack them soon. How's the RR10?

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, LvR Mike said:

Is that a Riggins jersey? LFG

I also have just got the OF BiB and MM101 recently. I will also crack them soon. How's the RR10?

Nah...it's a Cooley. It's how I repurpose jerseys.

I cracked the RR10 last night, and it is excellent.  

16 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Seriously?

Not being a smart-ass, I like it, (a lot), and just bought a bottle for $39.99, which seems reasonable.  They had plenty of it on the shelf.

Thanks!

Do we know whether the MM101 is a permanent line extension?    

Getting set for a walk on the beach with the dog, with a small fortifying pour of Driftless Glen Single Barrel.   A very creditable craft bourbon,  54 months old, especially if you're a Beam guy who digs the peanut brittle note.     The bottle's time ain't tall,  and I think I'll replace it if I can find it again.   

20211218_161053.jpg

Edited by Jazzhead
  • I like it 1

30 minutes ago, Jazzhead said:

Do we know whether the MM101 is a permanent line extension?    

Yes. Currently released twice a year but there's a push to make it permanent.

• I like it 3

15 hours ago, apt43bear said:

Last couple of weeks, I’ve  been hanging out with my friends that were more into wine and scotch so hadn’t had a bourbon in awhile. Had a night to myself and decided to open up a Knob Creek 12 and a Four Roses Small Batch Select. I hadn’t dipped into the Four Roses in awhile but the small batch select blew me away. Really enjoyed it and much more than the KC12 (and I did enjoy the KC12). 

53B8C87C-D1AD-4EB8-A8E5-264E6F827EE3.jpeg

90216CB3-B5A9-43D7-B190-B3A40362DD03.jpeg

I'm just the opposite but, if you are pouring blind, I'm holding out my glass for either...

• I like it 2

Luck Friggin Rules!!!

Ordered a few parts for my I.T. business early this week on a whim & got a spare power supply. Who knew; mine blew up this morning with a loud pop & smoke. Hey I have one available! I'm typing this aren't I?

This deserves a pour of a VERY GOOD Blanton's that I have!!!

• I like it 3

We are having a lot of rain this afternoon, and can’t do anything out side. Sooooo I reached way back in the bourbon cabinet and pulled out a SAOS 12y. Of course from our favorite girl. 
E737F6EF-0D3C-48C5-9FC1-A0B7F24C1879.thumb.jpeg.c99e7428d15653afc2a5c008e0e737f1.jpeg

• I like it 10

21 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

We are having a lot of rain this afternoon, and can’t do anything out side. Sooooo I reached way back in the bourbon cabinet and pulled out a SAOS 12y. Of course from our favorite girl. 
E737F6EF-0D3C-48C5-9FC1-A0B7F24C1879.thumb.jpeg.c99e7428d15653afc2a5c008e0e737f1.jpeg

Man,  I'd love a drop o' that.   Making do with  1792 BIB.    

• I like it 1

My wife and I went to a small get together at a friends house last night. I enjoyed a few pours of KC over the course of the evening. It’s amazing how time flies when you’re with good people enjoying good food and good drinks. We got there at 6:00 and started munching on a variety of goodies and talking about good times. Before we knew it, it was midnight. It was a great evening.

Biba! Joe

• I like it 5

19 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Seriously?

Thanks!

Seriously? Yes. In my part of NJ, MM101 is hard to find at a reasonable price. I see it at $50+ a lot, $45-50 sometimes, and the best price I see is $39.99 but it is in a glass cabinet and sold 1 per customer. I bought one today, out of the cabinet, and they only had 2 others on the cabinet.

• I like it 3

44 minutes ago, Kjbarth said:

Seriously? Yes. In my part of NJ, MM101 is hard to find at a reasonable price. I see it at $50+ a lot, $45-50 sometimes, and the best price I see is $39.99 but it is in a glass cabinet and sold 1 per customer. I bought one today, out of the cabinet, and they only had 2 others on the cabinet.

That's crazy,  as to what's allocated,  in different parts of the country.

There were at least 6 bottles left on the shelf for $39.99 with no limit.

At the package store, on base, (in Norfolk), they had lot of BT on sale for $20.00, with a 1 bottle limit.

• I like it 1

Drinking an Abraham Bowman wheated bourbon from 2016. Brought the bottle up from the bunker to be a part of my Christmas season wheaters since I'm now officially on break for two weeks. This will likely end up being a bottle kill which is OK because I have another.

Wow I forgot how good this is.

• I like it 5

19 hours ago, flahute said:

So I was reading this fast and didn't see the word "on" so I thought you moved out here and were now my neighbor because Woodinville and the distillery is only 8 miles from my house.

That would be quite the move for me!  There are a few steel mills up in the NW...Cascade and Nucor.  I used to know some folks that worked at both.  

I am impressed by the 90 proof Woodinville.  I really like it.  I would like to try a barrel strength single barrel.  I have seen mostly good review.  

I used the SB.com search function today to get forum members opinions on the other iterations and I noticed that very early on (2014?), you had less than favorable reviews.  However, I also noticed how this changed over time.  It appears they have figured it out.

1 hour ago, Double C's said:

got back from shopping and had a pour of WT101 followed by and EC pick that is good.

Wait a minute.  You just bought some barrel proofers.  You are showing great restraint in not opening one of those puppies up.  Of course, the night is still young!

I don't fault your choices of WT101 and EC though.  They are stellar any night!

2 hours ago, LCWoody said:

Great bourbon on a pedestal.

4 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

That would be quite the move for me!  There are a few steel mills up in the NW...Cascade and Nucor.  I used to know some folks that worked at both.  

I am impressed by the 90 proof Woodinville.  I really like it.  I would like to try a barrel strength single barrel.  I have seen mostly good review.  

I used the SB.com search function today to get forum members opinions on the other iterations and I noticed that very early on (2014?), you had less than favorable reviews.  However, I also noticed how this changed over time.  It appears they have figured it out.

I have some killer barrel strength single barrel to share if you are ever out this way or if I see you at the gazebo.

Yeah, they started with mini barrels while their full size barrels aged. That stuff was NOT good. Then their early full size barrels were also not that good. However, they changed their barrel type and ever since then the whiskey has been good. I now know one of the distillers and he filled me in on their evolution and I appreciated his transparency. 

• I like it 2

8 minutes ago, flahute said:

I have some killer barrel strength single barrel to share if you are ever out this way or if I see you at the gazebo.

Yeah, they started with mini barrels while their full size barrels aged. That stuff was NOT good. Then their early full size barrels were also not that good. However, they changed their barrel type and ever since then the whiskey has been good. I now know one of the distillers and he filled me in on their evolution and I appreciated his transparency. 

And I appreciate your local insight!  I have never knowingly purchased bourbon that was aged in mini-barrels.  I may have had some but not on purpose.  

Whatever, they are doing, they are doing it right.  The local BS SiBs get good reviews.  I can grab one for around $60 right now.  They had a couple of barrels.  I don't recall the age but it seems to be 5-6 years.  Does this coincide with the barrel type change?

What about their rye?  I find it is hard to mess up rye but I can find a lot of enjoyable ryes in the $20-30 range.  This one is about $40 regular price but I can get it for $30 right now on sale.

Edited by mbroo5880i

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.