What bourbon did you purchase today (Fall 2021)

CreepFactor10
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Before dinner yesterday, we stopped at a local FW&GS store.  The horseys were long gone as well as the BT.  Not a big deal so I grabbed a MM 10 stave bottle as well as a New Riff Single  Barrel. 

Edited by G L Tirebiter
  • I like it 2

3 hours ago, G L Tirebiter said:

Before dinner yesterday, we stopped at a local FW&GS store.  The horseys were long gone as well as the BT.  Not a big deal so I grabbed a MM 10 stave bottle as well as a New Riff Single  Barrel. 

Both are great selections.  I really like MM46 CS with the staves all 46 staves.  New Riff is a winner for me everytime.

I picked up an EW 1783.  This is my wife's usual bourbon and I think the new version is an improvement over the old one.  I'm would still pick Dant or EW BIB over it but I wouldn't be upset if that was that was all I had around (not like that will happen anytime soon).

They also has a bunch of the WB Saffel behind the counter but I couldn't pull the trigger after seeing the $50 price tag and not tried it before.

• I like it 1

That is a bit pricey for the WB Saffel.  It's usually more like $35.  We're talking a 375ml bottle, so imagine really $70+ 😬 for 750ml full sized bottle equivalent.

Picked this up just because I haven't seen it before.  I like the Old Ezra BP, but this is high proof and $35 vs $60 for the BP.  We'll see if Heaven Hill done good.1107211008a.thumb.jpg.3c040d51234ad063950acdacab7c0c11.jpg 

• I like it 6

Gift shop release and i had the day off. 

6312FBBF-6AC5-4372-A790-B74222A23BDB.jpeg

Edited by FasterHorses
  • I like it 9

Picked up my first MM101. The price has somewhat kept me away, but a LS near me dropped it to $35, which is the cheapest I've seen near me (usually in the ~$40 range), so decided the time was now if I wanted to try it. Only 3 left on the shelf. I'll probably most likely open it tonight.

• I like it 8

22 minutes ago, steven s said:

IMG_7959.thumb.jpeg.14b152795184bc073109a3ffbbabfb2e.jpeg

I've enjoyed the remus repeal, very glad I grabbed one.  It's super great example of what mgp can be.

• I like it 2

Yesterday, I dropped in at a  local FW&GS store I was passing by around noon, on my way to visit friends, and the store surprisingly had some Eagle Rare in stock so I grabbed two.  The clerk said they had another 12 or so in stock.  They were sold out by 4PM.   Last week, we closed on a cabin in the woods about 2 hours north of Pittsburgh, so, naturally, I have to stock it with a few quality bottles.  It gets cold up there. 

Edited by G L Tirebiter
  • I like it 3

A really good day.  Beautiful Indian Summer drive in the Corvette.  My friend near Land Between The Lakes was holding this for me.

27237054-990C-40AC-A9BB-1386CF7427DE.jpeg

D1A4BAFF-D656-4203-8527-B4E4DF2BFD20.jpeg

• I like it 15

1 hour ago, markandrex said:

A really good day.  Beautiful Indian Summer drive in the Corvette.  My friend near Land Between The Lakes was holding this for me.

27237054-990C-40AC-A9BB-1386CF7427DE.jpeg

D1A4BAFF-D656-4203-8527-B4E4DF2BFD20.jpeg

That is so cool! Its one of the ones that haunts me. You always come up with some great bottles this time of year. 

• I like it 2

My local's barrels are coming in now. He's expecting 15 different ones in Nov and Dec. I picked up a couple of the ER and Blanton picks and one of the Blue Weller. Looks like it will be raining Barrel Picks for us in Memphis. Bring em on. 

• I like it 3

On 11/10/2021 at 1:36 AM, B.B. Babington said:

I've enjoyed the remus repeal, very glad I grabbed one.  It's super great example of what mgp can be.

As is the Belle Mead Reserve.   It's great to see so many individual iterations of this superb juice.

Baby Saz, trying to get back into the swing of things now that I’m back home-ish. 

• I like it 3

Took a day trip to SF with the wife to enjoy the beautiful weather on Veteran’s Day and came home with these beauties. 

20219399-4446-42CE-B4F8-970CE3670BDC.jpeg

• I like it 2

23 hours ago, TehRegion219 said:

Baby Saz, trying to get back into the swing of things now that I’m back home-ish. 

Is a superb way/choice/selection for getting back into the swing of ryes.  Pulled my half-full 750 off the shelf last weekend to make Sazeracs to go with homemade bouilliabaisse.

ON THREAD - Picked up some "local" releases at a Virginia ABC store I love (even though they won't carry OGD BIB for me) for an SBer coming through town and also found a stash of 4R SmB Select @ $60.  Mark-ups in Wash DC for the Select, when you see it, are off-putting.  I left half of the VA ABC store's inventory on the shelf - didn't want to get TOO piggy.  BUT!  If it is there next weekend . . .

• I like it 2

Found these at the local (across the state line) PA FW&GS store.  At this price, I decided to buy a couple.  Left 10+ bottles behind.  OOTD at $26 and change /bottle before tax.

I am set for the winter, unless I see something special, and I am sure I will...

20211113_183351.jpg

• I like it 4

18 minutes ago, Richdel said:

I am set for the winter, unless I see something special, and I am sure I will...

There’s a line here somewhere, but somehow it escapes me. 🤔

Bba! Joe

4 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

There’s a line here somewhere, but somehow it escapes me. 🤔

Bba! Joe

I think it’s

“who’s up for Buffalo Trace snow cones?”

😁

• I like it 2

45 minutes ago, Clueby said:

We may have gone a bit crazy again on the long weekend trip to the Motherland. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

20211114_205002.jpg

Naaaah.😉

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.