What SW do you have?

FasterHorses
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

12 hours ago, VWIndy said:

Merry Christmas to all!

Pappy Town.jpg

all those monks lined up in their wizard robes, either very pious or time to run as twilight zone theme plays on a netlix show where devil/vampire/hell-demon or something worse is about to play on that table

Cool thread.  None for me.  Started in 2017 and in those early years the only "dusty" I found was EC12 year.  One of the few things I did correctly in those early years I bought every single one I found.  Now in an effort to not fall down that slippery slope I do not chase/covet the dusties.  I have enough trouble keeping up as it is. . . 

• I like it 4

On 12/22/2021 at 9:23 PM, TBoner said:

The most notable thing about S-W bourbon to my palate was a cotton candy note that came through even with 12 years of age and oak. The Wellers I had from that era were tremendous whiskeys, loaded with dried fruit notes and that hit of cotton candy. 

Great post.  I've noticed even some of the recent vintage BT distilled  Weller 12 has a nice cotton candy note. The most noticeable BT W12 bottles I personally have with that note are bottles from 2015 or 2016.

• I like it 2

I just put mine out for the bid., with Skinner.  When the results come in I will post them for information purposes, with the moderators permission.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know the appropriate place for this, but as a follow-up to what I said earlier about enjoying the whiskey in front of you:

When you're detained with your family in a single room in a foreign country with limited access to the outside world due to COVID protocols, and the only whiskey you can get hold of is a flask of standard 80-proof Jack Daniels purchased at excess cost and smuggled to you by a sympathetic employee of a shitty resort, it is the best whiskey in the world.

It's good to be home.

• I like it 4

2 hours ago, TBoner said:

I don't know the appropriate place for this, but as a follow-up to what I said earlier about enjoying the whiskey in front of you:

When you're detained with your family in a single room in a foreign country with limited access to the outside world due to COVID protocols, and the only whiskey you can get hold of is a flask of standard 80-proof Jack Daniels purchased at excess cost and smuggled to you by a sympathetic employee of a shitty resort, it is the best whiskey in the world.

It's good to be home.

Ha! I know exactly what you mean. I've told this story before but it was while you were away so I'll repeat it.

My wife and I went to China for two weeks to visit her best friend who lived there at the time. We traveled far and wide - 5 different big cities. There was no bourbon to be found at any of the places we went to.

On our last night we stayed in a hotel that catered to American business travelers in Shanghai that was close to the airport and in their lounge was a bottle of Jim Beam white label and the only glass to drink it from was a wine glass.

After two weeks of nothing that was the best bourbon I had ever tasted.

• I like it 7

2 hours ago, flahute said:

On our last night we stayed in a hotel that catered to American business travelers in Shanghai that was close to the airport and in their lounge was a bottle of Jim Beam white label and the only glass to drink it from was a wine glass.

After two weeks of nothing that was the best bourbon I had ever tasted.

Hahaha,; flashback...

Korea, late 70's we were allowed so many points per month. I think it equated to 2-4 bottles (don't remember which) monthly of Jim Beam at $ 1.65 ea. It was quite good and maybe the reason that I am a Beam fan to this day, not even tasting the JB funk, that others taste...

Ahhh, nostalgia !!!

• I like it 7

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.