What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2021)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Everyone was wearing a shit-eating grin when I walked into the place, so I figured there was a big bottle out back. Rang up at $249.00.

IMG_7896.thumb.jpg.fa9294249e7b294face1239ea91245ee.jpg

• I like it 11

9 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

The indy area Krogers are having a 30% off sale through 4/16.  6 bottle purchase requirement. @PaulO or I can direct you to best stRES when you get here depending on the side of town you are on.

Big Red is having a 20% off sale. 3 bottle requirement. 

We can also provide local stores of interest via PM.

Most interested in what you both have to say via PM or otherwise.  I appreciate the generosity.  I will be staying in Carmel.  Headed out in an hour from Columbus, in Carmel until Tuesday am.  Very interested in SiB, stores of interest, and specific recommendations.  Not expecting super secret access to rare or allocated bottles, just solid stuff.  I'm looking forward to Costco and Krogers for starters.

Thanks again, please let me know if, when, and how I might reciprocate.

• I like it 1

41 minutes ago, Clueby said:

It's been an Old Fo kinda week.

20220416_123753.jpg

Was the line pretty crazy?

On 4/15/2022 at 9:15 AM, Marekv8 said:

It's been a while since I've purchased bourbon/rye-- but things seemed to be finally flowing in again yesterday-- although Scotch is still somewhat missing in action.

IMG_7889.thumb.jpg.ce767968670d10a463e1c6bbb39173bf.jpg

Would love to hear your thoughts on the AE cider - I found it "odd".   Not bad, but odd.   I thought the MSRP was too high for the pour.   Going to revisit soon and see if it opens up.

7 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Everyone was wearing a shit-eating grin when I walked into the place, so I figured there was a big bottle out back. Rang up at $249.00.

IMG_7896.thumb.jpg.fa9294249e7b294face1239ea91245ee.jpg

what a score!   Can't wait to hear about it.   Congrats!

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, JCwhammie said:

Was the line pretty crazy?

Not terrible. We waited about 45 mins and were about #50 to 60 in line. I'd say there was maybe 100 people at opening. 174 bottles. 

• I like it 2

11 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

As a general rule-- I never buy a duplicate bottle. So, there you go… it's like blending your wife today with your bride 30 years ago.

Geez, that last part of your post really made me catch my breath!  If I could have the maturity, grace, and wisdom of my wife today, blended with the...um...you know...of my bride from 37 years ago, I would likely be completely unable to handle it.  But, it would be fun trying! 

• I like it 1

On 4/14/2022 at 11:39 AM, fishnbowljoe said:

Nice find. Are you In Indiana yet?  Was that a Costco? 😜

Biba! Joe

Is KC 9 hard to find now?

50 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

For some reason, I can't edit my reply.

I  re-read  the label and see the error of my ways😉

48 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

No. I just wondered if he was in Indy yet. Indy was my hometown. 🙂

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

For some reason, I can't edit my reply.

I  re-read  the label and see the error of my ways😉

No prob

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, Clueby said:

Not terrible. We waited about 45 mins and were about #50 to 60 in line. I'd say there was maybe 100 people at opening. 174 bottles. 

Score!

14 hours ago, Anwalt said:

Most interested in what you both have to say via PM or otherwise.  I appreciate the generosity.  I will be staying in Carmel.  Headed out in an hour from Columbus, in Carmel until Tuesday am.  Very interested in SiB, stores of interest, and specific recommendations.  Not expecting super secret access to rare or allocated bottles, just solid stuff.  I'm looking forward to Costco and Krogers for starters.

Thanks again, please let me know if, when, and how I might reciprocate.

I hope your visit goes well. Plenty of bourbon options and some great restaurants in Carmel.

Safe travels!

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

I saw it in several stores in the Indy area today. However, it does occasionally disappear for short periods only to return at a higher price. 😵

Cheap Bastard was on the prowl this weekend. One retailer had a 30% off sale. Stocked up on standard bottles - WT, OF, FR, EC Rye, MM101, KC9. 

Back out today for a few unique bottles at another retailers 20% off sale. Grabbed a Woodinville Single Barrel Cask Strength and a standard 90 proof Woodinville.  I was hoping for the Woodinville trifecta.  However,  they didn't have Woodinville Rye. I have enjoyed all of the Woodinville products I have tried which has been the standard 90 proof and the port finish. I was waiting on a sale to purchase a single barrel Cask Strength. 

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 2

11 minutes ago, TunnelTiger said:

My first bottles of Old Tub & Ezra cask strength. 

Don't know why I keep posting in the wrong topic.  Guess still recovering from working and finishing income taxes

1 hour ago, TunnelTiger said:

Don't know why I keep posting in the wrong topic.  Guess still recovering from working and finishing income taxes

Brain damage after doing taxes for sure. This is the first year we had a professional do them for us.

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, flahute said:

Brain damage after doing taxes for sure. This is the first year we had a professional do them for us.

I used to pride myself on doing my own taxes.  Several years ago, I finally gave up.  I guess it helps that he is my son's boss.  Win-win.  He finds tax breaks and he knows my son works for him.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.