What rye did you purchase/ drinking 2022

Mattk
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

20 hours ago, PaulO said:

After not having it for quite some time, I'm into a new bottle of Bulleit Rye.

They should try some brand extensions similar to what they've done with the Bourbon brand - you know, more age and proof.  Other NDPs get mad money for the Indiana Rye 95% recipe with a little more kick to it.

The 12 year was ok

Some WT Cornerstone over a big ball of ice.  Considering what is headed our way, I thought it was appropriate.  Be safe all!

D98C41A3-8989-4FCB-BF36-B30A0C4F20E0.jpeg

• I like it 3

49 minutes ago, markandrex said:

Some WT Cornerstone over a big ball of ice.  Considering what is headed our way, I thought it was appropriate.  Be safe all!

D98C41A3-8989-4FCB-BF36-B30A0C4F20E0.jpeg

Nice pour!  I was not fortunate enough to get a Cornerstone myself, but was fortunate to taste from friends who did.  It is fabulous rye.  👍🏻  

• I like it 1

I still had some ice ball left so, time for a second.  Oh baby it’s cold outside.

3A85C848-84CB-4963-8341-8048CBE5F256.jpeg

Edited by markandrex
Forgot pic
  • I like it 2

Doing a sbs with Sagamore DO and Sherry finish. Sorry for poor pic quality. They are both actually same color in glass.

I was surprised by results. The Sherry finish is quite good. The sherry is not prominent at all. It just makes a good whiskey even more complex and delicious.

The DO holds its own against it . Will post final thoughts after a blind over the weekend. 

IMG-5035.jpg

• I like it 5

Had a pour of an outstanding older bottle of Redemption last night. I have to save the last of it for @0895. 😛

Picked up the Balboa rye today. I've had it before and really enjoyed. A "softer", fruitier rye to me.

20221222_211429.jpg

20221223_192724.jpg

Edited by Clueby
  • I like it 6

After a bit of holiday indulging today I just wanted a regular pour. So a double rittenhouse tonight to continue the holiday. It's really hitting the spot right now.

• I like it 3

So I finally got the chance to line up my new rye bottles from this month. Some were gifts. A few were gifts to myself. All of them are amazing. December has been very good to me. As far as drinking this season we polished off a sag rye, a sag sherry, the bottom third of a cornerstone, and the final pour from a lock stock and barrel 13 recently. Quite a few more in the glass that were too numerous to all be listed. Right now I'm having a redemption 10 year.20221229_144930.thumb.jpg.9a026b3fb542e470849d36975ef07eda.jpg

Edited by Mattk
I just zoomed in on the photo. Somehow my 10 years got switched up. I recieved a '22 grom the wife for Christmas not the '20 in the photo. Oops
  • I like it 4

On 11/15/2022 at 12:38 PM, markandrex said:

A new neighbor had a MNF party last night.  This was to settle a friendly wager on the outcome.

I drank a few last night. It is a small distillery in Nashville IN.  I look forward to future offerings as this was very a very nice young rye.

https://hardtruthdistilling.com/

1F0FA6CE-B1F1-432A-A06F-21B5C7D7B467.jpeg

Have you tried this yet?  I tried a very generous pour at the restaurant owned by the same group as the brewery/distillery.  My initial impression was meh, but as I got into the pour it grew on me.  I have seen the price drop since it first came out.  If I can find it on sale, I might pick up a bottle just to have something different in the rye line up.  It is very smooth, slightly sweet, and very drinkable.

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 1

Ending 2022 on a positive note. MHC tasting and a quiet evening at home with the family. Happy new year's everyone.

20221231_181058.jpg

• I like it 6

3 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Have you tried this yet?  I tried a very generous pour at the restaurant owned by the same group as the brewery/distillery.  My initial impression was meh, but as I got into the pour it grew on me.  I have seen the price drop since it first came out.  If I can find it on sale, I might pick up a bottle just to have something different in the rye line up.  It is very smooth, slightly sweet, and very drinkable.

I have not opened my bottle yet but we were drinking it about 11/14.  I was impressed with the overall profile especially when you consider the age of the rye.  Nice spearmint, baking spices and nutmeg on the palate.  On sale I would buy more (not available near me yet) and I will definitely look for older offerings from this Craft distillery.  I think they have a lot of potential.

Fortunately my neighbor has family in that are so future bottling are a real possibility.

• I like it 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2022 at 6:34 PM, Mattk said:

Ending 2022 on a positive note. MHC tasting and a quiet evening at home with the family. Happy new year's everyone.

20221231_181058.jpg

Just had a Sherbrook dropped off from a group I am a part of... Cant wait to open it 

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.