Hirsch 20 year old

sionilli69
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Dane: Is that your drum kit in the background? I figured you more likely to snare varmints than pound a snare and a tom-tom. cool.gif

I've been playing drums since 5th grade and love to thump on things. I used to play in a band and sold my drums to buy a car when the band broke up. Always wished I had kept them. Then the neighbor in my old townhouse bought a dog that sat at the back door and howled anytime she wasn't home. I bought the drums and the dog disappeared the next day. I still play em, but I'm a bit rusty.

• 1 year later...

Rather than starting a new thread, I thought I would bring this one back to life. Last night I was at a business dinner in Richmond VA and in the restaurants bar sat a bottle of Hirsch 20 (as well as the entire small batch lineup and Rare Breed as well). I asked the barkeep the price for a shot and he had to go look it up, which is usually bad news. He came back and said that for the low low price of $28.50 I could have had a single shot of 20 year old Hirsch.

I passed, settling instead for a couple shots of rare breed, did I make a mistake?

No, I think you made the right decision. After hearing rave reviews of the almost mythical Hirsch 20 I finally got to taste some a few months back. Maybe it was my heightened (or "hype-end")level of anticipation, but I found it very bland and uninteresting. Not nearly as good as the Hirsch 16 we had at the same tasting. Definitely not worth $28 / shot.

Paid 35 for Distillers Masterpiece 18 a few years back, I could consider it a waste of money because I didn't like it that much, or I could say it saved me 170 because I didn't buy a bottle puke.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.