What Bourbon Did You Purchase Winter 2023?

flahute
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

42 minutes ago, Edd said:

Just picked this one up, curious to try. Any input for those that have would be appreciated

received_564034285702560.jpeg

I got one, think it was just a 9-year.  Good, smooth, sippy bourbon.  Great flavor, sweet, not very complex.  Would buy again, especially at 11y.

• I like it 2

14 minutes ago, Anwalt said:

I got one, think it was just a 9-year.  Good, smooth, sippy bourbon.  Great flavor, sweet, not very complex.  Would buy again, especially at 11y.

Thanks, the reason I got it was due to the age statement

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, fosmith said:

Harry needs to sit at the feet of the master...

As the guy said, sometimes talking about hiding bourbon is more fun than actually having to hide it.  OTOH, what she really objects to is the bottles crowding out HER spirits choices AND the bottles flowing out of the dark corners into the spaces where people walk.😉 

Speaking of crawl spaces, I attended a college that punished students who had OR drank alcoholic beverages in their rooms.  HENCE, some industrious persons put their contraband under the communal bathroom sinks behind the pipe access doors.  A few even marked their bottles with personal IDs like initials or SSN last four in a somewhat futile effort to discourage THEFT.  A couple years into this practice, we had a plumbing leak when most of us were off at class, and the plumbers discovered SCORES of cans and bottles behind the access panels and duly reported finding DOZENS of cans in the walls.  (ASIDE - most of the bottles sort of disappeared before the reporting was done, and NONE of the owners were responsible for THAT mysterious disappearance.  A few drunk plumbers were seen for the next few days, though. as fixing the leak took longer than expected.)  Only those unlucky persons who used identifiers that could be traced to specific individuals ever got punished, but we sure learned not to use THOSE hiding places.  ALSO, the school welded the panels shut.  

• I like it 4

Made the five minute drive to the distillery to pick this up today.  I am glad they kept the same bottle as the original.  I have tried it yet but will in the upcoming week.

F3EB9963-55BF-4F90-9E47-87F2551682A2.jpeg

• I like it 4

23 hours ago, Edd said:

Just picked this one up, curious to try. Any input for those that have would be appreciated

I wonder how it compares to the old EC Small Batch with the 12-year age statement.

• I like it 2

On 3/31/2023 at 8:46 AM, Edd said:

I have an 11 year old PS that I love. Depends on the RC’s palate. Did you charge to your room so you could get the Bonvoy points? 😀

• I like it 1

19 minutes ago, MM818 said:

I have an 11 year old PS that I love. Depends on the RC’s palate. Did you charge to your room so you could get the Bonvoy points? 😀

And expense it to your employer!  LOL!

• I like it 4

10 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

And expense it to your employer!  LOL!

Not going to lie I’ve always wanted to try this 😂.

• I like it 2

18 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

Not going to lie I’ve always wanted to try this 😂.

I take an ECBP to my company golf tournament every year to share with co workers, clients, and vendors. It gets expensed at its replacement cost. :)

Picked this up Fri. night at a dinner/lottery. I missed the VW 15, 12, or 10 by one number. 🤷‍♂️. Did get to try the Stagg during the dinner and thought it was pretty decent but lacking a bit of "depth" of the usual SJR batches.  For $48.99 I could do a lot worse!

20230401_124723.jpg

• I like it 6

I have only found a way to expense bourbon or whiskey when it is by the pour with dinner.  Of course, I order each pour as a double and try to have one with each course.  😜

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, mbroo5880i said:

I have only found a way to expense bourbon or whiskey when it is by the pour with dinner.  Of course, I order each pour as a double and try to have one with each course.  😜

Smart will remember that for my trip coming up in May.

• I like it 2

My company lets us expense alcohol at dinner, but it’s 3 per person max with a $ cap on the total bill,  so I usually only get a side salad and crackers most evenings ;).

• I like it 4

5 hours ago, 0895 said:

My company lets us expense alcohol at dinner, but it’s 3 per person max with a $ cap on the total bill,  so I usually only get a side salad and crackers most evenings ;).

:D Brilliant!

• I like it 2

On 4/2/2023 at 11:06 PM, 0895 said:

This should be posted in the Pro Tips thread.  😀

I have split a flatbread with co-workers so we could not appear to be abusing our meal allowance.  We don't have a set value but sometimes the accountants will call us out.  We call them number ...cks.  😀

Traveling with the bosses is the best.  I just put my drinks on their tab.  I remember one time me and a buddy were with the boss.  We crushed 2/3 of a bottle of Bookers.  Neither of us remembers how the bill was paid.  It didn't end up on our credit card or expense report.  He was drinking beer.  We were matching one-for-one.  I believe we ended up winning both on the scoreboard and the pocketbook.  😀

• I like it 4

21 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

This should be posted in the Pro Tips thread.  😀

I have split a flatbread with co-workers so we could not appear to be abusing our meal allowance.  We don't have a set value but sometimes the accountants will call us out.  We call them number ...cks.  😀

Traveling with the bosses is the best.  I just put my drinks on their tab.  I remember one time me and a buddy were with the boss.  We crushed 2/3 of a bottle of Bookers.  Neither of us remembers how the bill was paid.  It didn't end up on our credit card or expense report.  He was drinking beer.  We were matching one-for-one.  I believe we ended up winning both on the scoreboard and the pocketbook.  😀

Being that my company is based in Louisville, our managers are partial to bourbon. Problem is work trips down there are few and far between and I’m more interested in picking up bottles for myself rather than sampling stuff I’ll never find or afford.

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.