What Bourbon Did You Purchase Winter 2023?

flahute
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'll start the new thread for this.

Just got in (4) RRSiB. Many of you have heard that I haven't seen this on the shelf in more than a year except for the TW store pick which they are selling for $94. Easy pass.

Got tired of waiting so I found a store in CA that would ship to me and they have it for $58 so that was an easy purchase.

• I like it 11

3 hours ago, flahute said:

I'll start the new thread for this.

Just got in (4) RRSiB. Many of you have heard that I haven't seen this on the shelf in more than a year except for the TW store pick which they are selling for $94. Easy pass.

Got tired of waiting so I found a store in CA that would ship to me and they have it for $58 so that was an easy purchase.

Nice price.  If you are feeling all PM-ish, I'd happily order from them.  Totally hooked on RR SiB, especially the store picks and especially at that kind of price.  Nice find!

I sometimes envy you folks for your geographical bourbon advantages, and other times am just thankful for my own. When it comes to Turkeys, we don't seem to have a problem in the Midwest (notable exception is RR 13).

Presently RRsib is $47 at TW.  No private selection available, but that would be $68 if it were. 

My conundrum is my latest weak-willed promise to myself to lay off the purchasing for a few weeks, but as somebody else on another one of these threads recently pointed out, there is the old carpe diem philosophy to consider. Maybe I'll just stop in and take a quick inventory. Yeah, that's what I'll do. Sure. 

• I like it 1

I had never been a big Bulleit guy, but beginning about a year and a half ago it really began to get in my wheelhouse after picking up a 200 ml as my hotel bottle during a couple day biz trip.  Got a 750 ml of it after returning home from that trip.  It’s been a semi-regular purchase since, and I’ve enjoyed every one.  Drained my latest a week ago, so while out at lunch to get something for the weekend, I decided to elevate Bulleit to the family sized category to feed the kiddo, and save a few bucks in the process.  Enjoying it yet again over a clear cube.  I now have a multi-family bourbon housing unit filled with the large Maker’s Mark, VOB 90, Wild Turkey 101, EW 1783, and now Bulleit families, respectively.  😁

15C11371-4DD5-4B7F-A65C-AD55B1758613.jpeg

• I like it 3

4 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

I had never been a big Bulleit guy, but beginning about a year and a half ago it really began to get in my wheelhouse after picking up a 200 ml as my hotel bottle during a couple day biz trip.  Got a 750 ml of it after returning home from that trip.  It’s been a semi-regular purchase since, and I’ve enjoyed every one.  Drained my latest a week ago, so while out at lunch to get something for the weekend, I decided to elevate Bulleit to the family sized category to feed the kiddo, and save a few bucks in the process.  Enjoying it yet again over a clear cube.  I now have a multi-family bourbon housing unit filled with the large Maker’s Mark, VOB 90, Wild Turkey 101, EW 1783, and now Bulleit families, respectively.  😁

Here we go again. Now you're going to make me buy a Bulleit. 

• I like it 1

On 1/20/2023 at 4:24 PM, smokinjoe said:

If you were to venture a guess what house is your latest fetish from? Word is the "new bulliet" might be HH? What say you. 

• I like it 1

Picked up a Calumet 10  a month ago. Strong recommendation from a friend. As I am an ass, did not want to open because of no back up. Owner of my main LS called me and said that they just got a six pack in. Went and picked up 2 more. NOW we can taste. Will post in the just opened shortly!!!

• I like it 1

I was at my first PT session today.  It is in a part of town I don’t go over to much.  I stopped by a little store in never go in on the way home.  It is not a bad place but nothing that really grabbed my eye, then I looked at the bottom shelf and found this.  Only one according to the manager.  Today is a good day.

960F47FC-453B-47F3-89A5-A5DBF7D3A265.jpeg

• I like it 17

1 hour ago, markandrex said:

I was at my first PT session today.  It is in a part of town I don’t go over to much.  I stopped by a little store in never go in on the way home.  It is not a bad place but nothing that really grabbed my eye, then I looked at the bottom shelf and found this.  Only one according to the manager.  Today is a good day.

Is there a date/laser code on there?  Older bottle or is it coming BAAACKKKK!?

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

Is there a date/laser code on there?  Older bottle or is it coming BAAACKKKK!?

No laser, old bottle.  Sorry.

On 1/20/2023 at 7:38 PM, flahute said:

Here we go again. Now you're going to make me buy a Bulleit. 

Their rye MGP mashbill is wonderful and the FR Blenders Select is really nice but can be tricky to find.

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

Their rye MGP mashbill is wonderful and the FR Blenders Select is really nice but can be tricky to find.

I thought the Blender's Select was a once-off from 2020?  I really like it.  But have they released it again lately?

Single barrel barrel proof Jack from a group I’m in.  First Jack of any kind since a very rough night almost 30 years ago.  

• I like it 2

21 hours ago, Kepler said:

I thought the Blender's Select was a once-off from 2020?  I really like it.  But have they released it again lately?

That makes me feel even worse 💔.

Did a little buying today. Picked up another Woodford Double Oak, other is running low!! Also a Four Roses SiB Barrel strength. Heard good things. A bit pricey here. Good pick?

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, Grady330 said:

Did a little buying today. Picked up another Woodford Double Oak, other is running low!! Also a Four Roses SiB Barrel strength. Heard good things. A bit pricey here. Good pick?

Great pick!

Was over in Ireland for work this week. While checking some local stores online I saw a store that (at least online) appeared to have a EHT SB. Got a local colleague to drive me into Dublin to pick it up, and of course when we got into the store, no EHT SB..... We were about to leave when I saw some other bourbons on a shelf quite high up (they are obviously more into Irish and Scotch, bourbon is not a big thing there. tucked away in a corner I saw a nice WT RB batch WT03RB 108.2 proof that likely has been collecting dust on that shelf for between 10-20 years. Told the owner of the place I was interested and wanted to see it, so the pour old guy went into the back to get a ladder and he climbed up to get it for me. Checked it and told him I would take it, had another look at the shelf and spotted another bottle right in the back! Wanted that one as well, so had to chase the old guy up to the ladder again......

Image3.jpeg

• I like it 20

4 hours ago, Obree said:

Was over in Ireland for work this week. While checking some local stores online I saw a store that (at least online) appeared to have a EHT SB. Got a local colleague to drive me into Dublin to pick it up, and of course when we got into the store, no EHT SB..... We were about to leave when I saw some other bourbons on a shelf quite high up (they are obviously more into Irish and Scotch, bourbon is not a big thing there. tucked away in a corner I saw a nice WT RB batch WT03RB 108.2 proof that likely has been collecting dust on that shelf for between 10-20 years. Told the owner of the place I was interested and wanted to see it, so the pour old guy went into the back to get a ladder and he climbed up to get it for me. Checked it and told him I would take it, had another look at the shelf and spotted another bottle right in the back! Wanted that one as well, so had to chase the old guy up to the ladder again......

Image3.jpeg

Very nice finds. Jealous I am.

• I like it 3

Picked up an Early Times BIB yesterday on my way home from work. Opened, and had a pour in the evening. This is the one and only store near me that carries it consistently, and whenever it comes in, I consistently buy it.

• I like it 6

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.