Bourbon & Your Dog

jvd99

Beagles f...ing rock.  Bourbon f...ing rocks.  Beagles and Bourbon?  Out of this world.  That's all!  Carry on!

• I like it 2

I've had a few Beagle-pooches, and they all were so loveable!   Our current pooch isn't as demonstrative; but, he's very laid back ...and VERY Quiet.    None of the Beagles were close to quiet... ever.

• I like it 2

Forgot to mention my sidekick's name.....which is Shackleton....like father like son...

IMG_4196.jpeg

• I like it 6

On 3/27/2023 at 9:21 PM, Richnimrod said:

I've had a few Beagle-pooches, and they all were so loveable!   Our current pooch isn't as demonstrative; but, he's very laid back ...and VERY Quiet.    None of the Beagles were close to quiet... ever.

We have new neighbors with two young children.  Great kids.  Our beagle sends them off to school every morning with a bark fest.  Her little mate lets out an occasional woof just to let us know she is watching too. 

• I like it 1

Outside listening to music drinking a MM CS Old Fashioned. Contemplating the work day and Trump fiasco. 

The dog and I went on a trail run to a local peak that looks over Malibu. Good day. 

C1583263-DAE0-4E4E-9FEA-C173E2A881A6.jpeg

• I like it 6

On 3/22/2023 at 4:24 PM, Jazzhead said:

This is Baxter, our 14 year old Cairn terrier/ShiaTzu mix.   While he doesn't drink bourbon, he loves those who do, and for that earns unstinting praise.

20230321_070611.jpg

That is definitely Baxter! Great Name...

On 3/24/2023 at 9:14 AM, StarSurfer55 said:

Here is a picture of my two monsters - Makana (the tricolor) and Bekkahimage3.thumb.jpeg.a7f27cbd9b42b2001960eebd8fe3b139.jpegIMG_1172.thumb.jpeg.c94ff732794081e98846d0f714d0c326.jpeg

Beagles are like baby giraffes; no matter what they look like all grown up, they are possibly the cutest pups on the planet!!!

On 3/30/2023 at 6:02 PM, jvd99 said:

On 3/30/2023 at 6:02 PM, jvd99 said:

Forgot to mention my sidekick's name.....which is Shackleton....like father like son...

IMG_4196.jpeg

OK, that is just the koolest looking dog!!!

• I like it 1

Picked up a triple today; the Murray Hill a couple days ago...

4pack.thumb.jpg.3dd6df2edf9dac71b7d61d827175d80f.jpg

Picked up Gracie back in September...

Gracie.thumb.jpg.5bfa49cbec4eb2f838d35ce2f3051eea.jpg

She is one WILD CHILD!!!

However; EXTREMELY LOYAL!!!

loyal.jpg.056ede2f8c9325f06a1425f368c710c8.jpg

Please excuse the tacky proof of loyalty...🤪

• I like it 5

On 3/27/2023 at 9:21 PM, Richnimrod said:

That is very true, Beagles are one of the most vocal breeds out there.  WE got ours from a breeder that breeds toward companionship dogs which means that they breed away from the barking.  Still, if they get triggered, then its game over.  Our female rarely barks but Makana gets triggered easily but we are training him stop once we tell him that it is okay.    They are good watch dogs but are not guard dogs.

At one point in my life, I wanted a Savannah cat.  Savannah cats have dog like behaviors and can be trained like a dog.  I really liked the story of the burglar that broke into a home with a  Savannah Cat and was promptly attacked by the Cat protecting its terrritory.  The burglar ended up calling the police and turning himself in.  I can only imagine him trying to move in a dark house while a 35 lb cat rips him to shreds.  

People ask me if I am a dog or cat person to which I respond both.  I love cats but they are very different from dogs.  WE had three at one time but both my wife and I became seriously allergic and had to get rid of them.  No issues with dogs so I will stick with my beagles.

Dogs give you unconditional love.  If you don't think so, then lock your spouse and your dog in the trunk of your car on a hot Summer day.  Open it in an hour.  Guess which one will be glad to see you.

• I like it 6

1 hour ago, StarSurfer55 said:

Dogs give you unconditional love.  If you don't think so, then lock your spouse and your dog in the trunk of your car on a hot Summer day.  Open it in an hour.  Guess which one will be glad to see you.

Good info on the quote, but the last part above ,should be twisted into a Pro Tip... 😜

• I like it 4

4 hours ago, StarSurfer55 said:

Hmmmm.   Maybe a disclaimer should accompany this item?   Something like this? Don't try this at home!   Or, Don't ry this on an actual wife.

• I like it 2

56 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

Hmmmm.   Maybe a disclaimer should accompany this item?   Something like this? Don't try this at home!   Or, Don't ry this on an actual wife.

Agreed, I assumed that everyone would realize that it was  a joke and not an actual recommendation.

• I like it 1

Agreed, I assumed that everyone would realize that it was  a joke and not an actual recommendation.

Why; I would shower with my blow dryer if I wasn't bald... hehe

2 hours ago, StarSurfer55 said:

Unknown.jpeg.0b418ad61792576f29d70d1c3cec3eda.jpeg

• I like it 2

Obviously

Thanks for playing Jeff. (wink emoji)

• I like it 1

• 6 months later...

I saw this and couldn’t resist. It’s not bourbon, but……

IMG_3926.jpeg.bce09d18c3cc6d946b4b23b32fdd8ea4.jpeg

• I like it 6

I think Mom will suspect something strange led up to the spectacular diarrhea blow out that followed.

Yes, I've owned several dogs.

• I like it 3

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Both of my dogs are female so they don't care about bourbon.

But, they love Bully Sticks. 😀

https://www.naturalfarmpet.com/blogs/all/what-are-bully-sticks-made-from#:~:text=Bully sticks are made from,penis muscle from a bull.

My dog is a male. He also loves Bully Sticks... large ones. Should I be worried? 😂

• I like it 2

My comrade in arms Baxter passed away at the end of this summer.  15 years of the good life.

Our new pup is Freddie,  and he's a gentle soul and most agreeable companion.  Still learning his way in this world, as I guess we all are.

20231101_210302.jpg

Edited by Jazzhead
  • I like it 2

3 hours ago, Jazzhead said:

Freddie1

20231107_195457.jpg

Cute!   Curly.  Fluffy.   I'd say he (she?) had friendly eyes... if I could see 'em. HA! 😆

• I like it 1