Another Lottery Win

Davesnothere

In addition to the state yearly lottery, Alabama implemented a quarterly lottery this year.

My wife and I didn't win, but our oldest son did. He was picked as #1 for our regional Drop, so all options are on the table.

Now we just have to decide on what our two bottles will be.  We can pick one from table 1 and one from table 2.

Decisions. decisions.... we have two weeks to think it over.

Blanton's Single Barrel Barrel Proof           Table 1 

Blood Oath Pact 9                                    Table 1

JD Heritage  Barrel Proof Rye                   Table 1

Maker's Mark Cellar Aged                        Table 1

Old Fitzgerald 10yr BIB                            Table 1

Old Forester Birthday Bourbon                Table 1

Russell's Reserve 13yr                              Table 1

Stagg Bourbon                                        Table 1

Weller 107                                               Table 1

Weller 12yr                                              Table 1

Angel's Envy ABC Barrel Select                  Table 2

Eagle Rare Single Barrel                             Table 2

EH Taylor Small Batch                                Table 2

Elijah Craig Ryder Cup Toasted                  Table 2

John J Bowman Single Barrel                     Table 2

Old Forester Barrel Select 100pr               Table 2

Old Forester Barrel Select Brl Str               Table 2

Weller Special Reserve                               Table 2

• I like it 1

FWI, I'd choose between two from table one: JD Heritage BP Rye & probably Russell's reserve 13-yr. . . . unless that 'Stagg' on the list is BTAC - G. T. Stagg, not 'Stagg, Jr., if so grab that GTS!   

From list 2, I'd I'd probably take the Old Forester Barrel Select Brl Str. . . unless I were offered a taste and it didn't pass muster, then maybe the Elijah Craig Ryder Cup Toasted.

As long as you're paying retail, you probably won't go wrong on most of 'em.   Those are the ones I'd want to drink.    If you're hoping to turn a profit , maybe the OFBB from table one; but, those have not been reliably great to my taste buddies, thus my pass.   Don't get me wrong.   Some of 'em have been stellar... mostly when they sold at retail for around 40 or 50 bux.  Ha!

• I like it 1

Table 1 is the difficult choice. There are several we haven't yet tasted. 

We'll pass on the Wellers, the Blantons, and the Blood oath for sure,  we have enough of them.  I hate to say it but Stagg is probably a pass. We run into that fairly often.

I'm leaning towards the MM and my wife is leaning to the Birthday Bourbon,  but then there's Russells 13 and Old Fitz which we never see except for the lottery.

I think we'll be able to find the MM in our Tennessee travels, and I think I can trade for a Jack Rye.

We're fairly certain  table 2 is going to be EHT or JJB.

• I like it 3

From Table 1, my curiosity would say Maker's Cellar Aged (I probably won't see one myself) but my taste buds would definitely go with RR13 over any of those.

From Table 2, it's a toss up between several ... whatever floats your boat.  

• I like it 3

On 9/12/2023 at 8:36 PM, Davesnothere said:

Table 1 is the difficult choice. There are several we haven't yet tasted. 

We'll pass on the Wellers, the Blantons, and the Blood oath for sure,  we have enough of them.  I hate to say it but Stagg is probably a pass. We run into that fairly often.

I'm leaning towards the MM and my wife is leaning to the Birthday Bourbon,  but then there's Russells 13 and Old Fitz which we never see except for the lottery.

I think we'll be able to find the MM in our Tennessee travels, and I think I can trade for a Jack Rye.

We're fairly certain  table 2 is going to be EHT or JJB.

Great first world problem.to have To get the RR13 at retail would be an easy grab. I think plenty of people here would trade 2 of the table one picks for this one? But the leather pouch Blantons is a home run too. Glad Huntsville is not too far away. :) 

• I like it 2

The Blanton's SFTB bag is leather???  Feels more lie cheap plastic to me!   🤬

• I like it 1

17 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

😀 it would be great if it were bottled plastic with a screw cap.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Nope, I ain’t gonna go there. 🤐

I agree with the MM cellar vs Birthday jump ball  - isn't the old tater adage that Birthday is always better in odd years, like 23?   I know that Ohio is gong bonkers over the Makers in O-H-I-O - and was very limited quantity.

12 minutes ago, geclbxf said:

I am also intrigued by the Ryder Cup bottle - has anyone tried it yet?

I thought it was regular EC94 pf  just in a different bottle, but I've been wrong before, just ask my wife

On 9/14/2023 at 7:58 PM, GeeTen said:

My favorite store owner got one and showed it to me, that's exactly what I thought too.  The ordinary close bag was nicer.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Davesnothere said:

I thought it was regular EC94 pf  just in a different bottle, but I've been wrong before, just ask my wife

The Ryder Cup bottling is EC Toasted Barrel and nice (not great, but nice), IMHO.  😇

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 1

3 hours ago, geclbxf said:

I agree with the MM cellar vs Birthday jump ball  - isn't the old tater adage that Birthday is always better in odd years, like 23?   I know that Ohio is gong bonkers over the Makers in O-H-I-O - and was very limited quantity.

The Maker's Mark Cellar Aged is fantastic (just ask Minnick, but in this case I agree with him) and stalking worthy - but I haven't tried the 2023 Birthday Bourbon yet . . . .

so, judgement reserved for now.  😋

53 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

The Maker's Mark Cellar Aged is fantastic (just ask Minnick, but in this case I agree with him) and stalking worthy - but I haven't tried the 2023 Birthday Bourbon yet . . . .

so, judgement reserved for now.  😋

I asked my guy for a bottle of the Cellar Aged and he said, “no, I only got a couple.”  Damn! 

2 hours ago, MM818 said:

I asked my guy for a bottle of the Cellar Aged and he said, “no, I only got a couple.”  Damn! 

No soup for you!  😄