What Bourbon Did You Pass On 2024

PaulO

I passed on OGD114 for $21.99 @ Costco today.  Awesome price!  I was just trying to show some restraint.  

• I like it 3

12 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

I passed on OGD114 for $21.99 @ Costco today.  Awesome price!  I was just trying to show some restraint.  

Road trip!   We can't find any around here - I had to go to "The 'Lou" to buy my last 2 bottles of OGD114 for my GW4G mix (actually Dean's in Collinsville, IL).   🤬

• I like it 2

20 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

I don't think I could exercise that level of restraint.....nope definitely not!!

• I like it 2

21 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Always climbing up to new highs of [down to new lows of] Cheap Bastardy.

• I like it 2

On 2/18/2024 at 7:11 PM, mbroo5880i said:

That had to be a very tough pass.

A very, very tough pass.

Well done!

• I like it 1

Wfp, w12, eht single barrel, stagg jr 149

ea.

strange things afoot at the circle k

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, Clueby said:

Hotel room "bar"....375ml of KC9 for $78.

I'd be going for a little walk.  Let's see what stores are close by.  Truth be told, I have that all mapped out well before the trip.

• I like it 5

16 hours ago, PaulO said:

I'd be going for a little walk.  Let's see what stores are close by.  Truth be told, I have that all mapped out well before the trip.

I do the same. 

GMTA!!!

• I like it 2

Out and about a lot this week. Stops at Sam’s Club and Binny’s Tuesday. Yesterday it was Meijer.  Today it was Binny’s again. Nada!  A big fat 0. I was thinking about buying a handle of MM at Binny’s today,  but passed because their prices are back to normal. I can get it cheaper elsewhere, or wait til it’s on sale again. 🤷‍♂️

On 2/28/2024 at 3:40 PM, PaulO said:

Ordinarily I do the same but I was traveling with a group. We were at a resort that wasn't easy to get to any stores without a 15 min Uber. There was plenty of free booze at the conference and the company cfo or pres picked up the tab at the hotel bar so I "managed". 😜

• I like it 3

On 3/1/2024 at 9:38 AM, Clueby said:

Ordinarily I do the same but I was traveling with a group. We were at a resort that wasn't easy to get to any stores without a 15 min Uber. There was plenty of free booze at the conference and the company cfo or pres picked up the tab at the hotel bar so I "managed". 😜

I hate when I am traveling with a group and the stores I scout out are too far to walk or not along the route we are driving.  My co-workers know when traveling with me that I may make them take the long way home back to the hotel.

Did you make your bosses at least buy you $78 worth of alcohol at the bar?  It is the least they could do since you had to be inconvenienced by having to travel for work.  Maybe throw in an appetizer or two.  😀

24 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

I hate when I am traveling with a group and the stores I scout out are too far to walk or not along the route we are driving.  My co-workers know when traveling with me that I may make them take the long way home back to the hotel.

Did you make your bosses at least buy you $78 worth of alcohol at the bar?  It is the least they could do since you had to be inconvenienced by having to travel for work.  Maybe throw in an appetizer or two.  😀

It was a Ritz-Carlton so I'm sure there was well over $78 in booze!  I think their Old Fashioneds were $32. 🥳

• I like it 2

29 minutes ago, Clueby said:

It was a Ritz-Carlton so I'm sure there was well over $78 in booze!  I think their Old Fashioneds were $32. 🥳

Hopefully, you knew up front that they were paying and they were too drunk to know that you ordered several double pours of Pappy neat.  😮

• I like it 3

14 hours ago, Clueby said:

I hope you told the bartender to make those Old Fashioneds with top shelf whiskey, not well liquor.

• I like it 1

TW Grand Reserve results were announced today, so sadly I was forced to pass on the entire Pappy and Antique lineups.  0/2.

• I like it 1

55 minutes ago, Cibsie said:

TW Grand Reserve results were announced today, so sadly I was forced to pass on the entire Pappy and Antique lineups.  0/2.

Sorry man.

TW = Total Waste (of time with their drawings)

• I like it 2

19 hours ago, Cibsie said:

Have a couple friends that are Grand Reserve and have been for years. Each had over 100,000 points and got nothing. But I know of at least one person that just gained GR status for this drawing with the minimum 25k points and got a THH. I was only GR for a couple years and got absolutely nothing for it. 

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

I was only GR for a couple years and got absolutely nothing for it. 

Me too, me too!  🤬

3 hours ago, Clueby said:

Have a couple friends that are Grand Reserve and have been for years. Each had over 100,000 points and got nothing. But I know of at least one person that just gained GR status for this drawing with the minimum 25k points and got a THH. I was only GR for a couple years and got absolutely nothing for it. 

I guess it's good to know it's not fully money based. I used to get something every year but have struck out completely the past 3 years. I figured it was because I wasn't a big enough spender.

• I like it 2

smallish town in SW CO gets stuff, and one spot is fair with what allocations they get, and put it behind the counter first come, first served at "msrp". If you go on delivery day, you can sometimes grab something semi-special. They generally have ER10 at 33, BT at 23 and WSR at 39 (pass), and today they had nothing else of interest to me.

Another spot had many passes:

EHTSmB- 129

EHTSiB- 200

EHTBP- 400

ETL- 280

MMCA- 500

EC18- 300

KC18- 300

GTS- 850

Stagg- 280

Blantons- 100

I could continue, but you get the point. They were deep in Blantons, stagg, EC18, and the EHTs.

Love seeing them on the shelf, and I love and really want a MMCA (2 pours I had were so delicious), but I would almost rather not  even see them at those prices. Always a nice young girl who is not he owner and doesn't know much working when I go by, so I figure no use in giving her "feedback".

13 hours ago, flahute said:

I guess it's good to know it's not fully money based. I used to get something every year but have struck out completely the past 3 years. I figured it was because I wasn't a big enough spender.

He actually purposely got over 100k with an end of year  purchase with the thought that maybe put him over some sort of magical threshold that would have increased the odds...to no avail.

• I like it 1

On 3/9/2024 at 9:03 AM, Clueby said:

He actually purposely got over 100k with an end of year  purchase with the thought that maybe put him over some sort of magical threshold that would have increased the odds...to no avail.

ever since the TW rewards program became available in MO I stopped getting anything allocated from them. I know some of the BT products can be had from time to time, but I work a normal job and can't go stand in front of the store on delivery days waiting for them to open to try and snag an ER, WSR, etc. I have mostly given up shopping there unless I have a coupon to use on something I want, plus I can go support other local "chain" stores and usually get what I want at cheaper prices.

• I like it 2

On 3/10/2024 at 10:54 PM, Double C's said:

ever since the TW rewards program became available in MO I stopped getting anything allocated from them. I know some of the BT products can be had from time to time, but I work a normal job and can't go stand in front of the store on delivery days waiting for them to open to try and snag an ER, WSR, etc. I have mostly given up shopping there unless I have a coupon to use on something I want, plus I can go support other local "chain" stores and usually get what I want at cheaper prices.

Years before we got a TW store in the Indianapolis area, I was reading posts here on SB.com.  People got up to a certain amount of points and expect something - get nothing.  Even worse - the rumor an extra desirable delivery was there, but had come and gone.  So all this tempered my expectations when they opened two stores.  There is no way I'm ever going to spend enough to get very many points.  I also have zero interest in their house brands of Bourbon or rye.  Having said all that, I have no problem shopping there now and then.  Whatever is on the shelf is what's on offer.  I'll cherry pick the stuff that appeals to me.  I also like to check their website for availability and price.

• I like it 1