Just Another Single Barrel Morning

doubleblank
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Tonya,

all we're missing is a pic of YOU!

That's one of the good things about being the one holding the camera... lol.gif

An' it's probably just as well, remember...I was the one not spitting it out... smilielol.gif.

I don't know about everyone else, but I can hardly wait for the Festival.

See ya then!

Bob,

Wish you and Nancy could have been with us!

Can't wait to see ya'll...ASGDSofaB!!... smilielol.gif

Won't be long now...

Brenda...Thanks so much for the great pictures. I was on the airplane home before I realized we didn't get a picture of you.....sorry, I was just too wrapped up in all that bourbon. It was a great time and glad you joined me. Looking forward to September.

Randy

• 4 weeks later...

It's being bottled!!! But I can't see it as I'm in Scottsdale and my low spped connection won't show the web cam. Julian called me yesterday and said bottling should start later on Thursday. Maybe it's still going on....I don't know. See everyone next week.

Randy

My bottles arrived at Toddy's on Wednesday of the festival. I hope everyone who wanted one got one....if not, I'll bring them to the Sampler and next years Festival.

I'm very pleased with the results. I was looking for a sweet, smooth whiskey and this is exactly what I got. As Gary Gilman opined..."pure class. Silky, slightly smokey...an XO of bourbon". This one is very easy to drink and hope it makes a good impression on the many people I will give this to in the future.

Julian told me I picked out a "fat" barrel...producing slightly more than usual for the age. That means there's plenty to share. Enjoy.

This has been great fun and thank you Julian for working with me on this project.

Randy

Julian told me I picked out a "fat" barrel...producing slightly more than usual for the age. That means there's plenty to share. Enjoy.

I can hear corks popping everywhere! toast.gif

Thanks for that bottle Randy, I will at some point enjoy it a great deal. toast.gif

Thanks again, Randy, for your generosity. It was so nice to sit around the Gazebo and all share in your bottle together right after you picked 'em up from Toddy's.

I hope I'm not getting redundant here, but great whiskey, Randy! With the usual caveat that tasting notes are not my forte, with your bourbon, I got something both sweet and spicy like a pumpkin pie. Tina thought I might be trying to describe a nutmeg taste. Anybody else get that? Whatever it is, I have never tasted it, at least so strongly, in any other bourbon. It was VERY pleasant.

This bottle has taken it's rightful place at the highest altitude in the whiskey room. It will also be moved out of sight when the diet Coke mixing friends stop by.

Thanks for a one-of-a-kind gift, Randy!

Rrandy,

It's Karma Dude...

Good things happen when your heart is pure... lol.gif

Thank you again for the Bourbon, but the experience was priceless!

Bj

I also add my many thanks for your sharing this wonderful bourbon. Emily and I had a wonderful time meeting you and your wife. (You know as a previous resident of Texas, living in Austin, we had to give you a little greif about Aggies smirk.gif)

Hope to see you there next year.

toast.gif

Dale & Emily

This may be the only opportunity for a mass single barrel tasting, where everyone is tasting the same product at the same time. How about a chat night with the Blank Van Winkle??

toast.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.