Chicago WhiskeyFest

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Colum Egan (master Distiller at Bushmills) tries to convert me to Irish Whiskey. I had a pour of Bushmills Black Bush. I'm still a Bourbon Man!!!

post-903-14489811851748_thumb.jpg

Hi Koji,

Next time I am in a bookstore I will look for your magazine!

Ed

Nice pics Randy......I had a great time at Whiskeyfest and Delilahs sharing some great bourbons with Jon and Randy. We also got Julian to autograph his sister's book and a few Van Blankles for us. If my recollection is correct, we tried the following at Whiskeyfest:

Pappy 20 and SR 12yo Lot B.....great stuff

Stagg and Weller 12 at BT......couldn't get that orange rind others have found in the new Stagg

Old Potrero......sorry, won't be buying any

Rowan's Creek, Noah's Mill, et al......pretty good stuff...(but that jacket Drew?)

EC 18.......most either love or hate.....this was smoother than I recall

Yamazaki Single Malt.....not bad....but you know

1995 OFBB ...... still not as good as the earlier bottles

And others I can't recall.

Following Whiskeyfest, it was on to Delilahs. There we had Julian pour us Old Commonwealth and Pappy 20. Preston made us some great Old Fashions.....with Pappy 15yo. We also finished off an earlier version of Four Roses SB. It was fun watching Julian look for and then pour some of those unusual scotches for the guys in kilts. We stayed till last call and so did the Van Winkles, Fred Noe, Jimmy Russell and the BT gang. Again, great fun.

I made it home with some memories, a few bottles of Stagg, about 14 cents and a mild hangover.

Randy

Yes.....He played for UK in the late 90's as I recall....when Tim Couch was throwing for them. He's all of 6'8'' at least.

Randy

I have seen people write his name in other threads, but didn't realize it was him until I saw the picture. He is a big man.

Shame on me for thinking, every time that I was exchanging emails with Kris, that I was writing to a she!

Damned gender neutral names!!

Thankfully, in the context of talking bourbon (Stagg, specifically), gender has nothing to do with it!!!

To say that Kris is a big man is a serious understatement! Here's a photo that will give you a good idea of the impression this guy makes.

I'm 6'3", 220 lbs. Kris makes me feel like a midget when I stand next to him.

post-3-14489811852058_thumb.jpg

Oh lord! Now there will be no living with Kris when he finds out someone actually remembers that he played football at UK!

Ken

Here's another one for all his fans,this one is from the SB tour in 2003

at the Trace in Warehouse H laugh.gif

Koji

post-74-14489811852918_thumb.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.