Bourbon clubs?

Bourbonluva
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It works for me. Knob Creek is one of the two or three things that are still available, here. smirk.gif

Tim

Works for me, Knob Creek was my first premium Bourbon, it will be fun to revisit it.

KC is a good choice for me, too. I can get it within a week´s notice.

Knob Creek iagreejeff.gif!!!

I even have an unopened bottle. I may have trouble keeping it that way... I guess I will be jumping the gun.

I will be in the States, away from that bottle, the first two weeks of June. I will be buying a bottle to drink while there and was already thinking about getting a Knob Creek. I will have to see what is on the shelf before I commit myself. But I need to get something really good or I will crack open one of the three Spring Staggs waiting for me there. I want to bring those puppies home!

Ed

No problems here with Knob Creek, but maybe going forward, as Chasking says we can rotate the picks of bourbons by different members. Say the first person to offer tasting notes gets to pick five to nominate for the next month and then everyone has all month long to PM him or her if they can't get the bottle. The one most people can procure is the next month's bottle. Just a suggestion. Take it and run if you can improve on it.

Say the first person to offer tasting notes gets to pick five to nominate for the next month and then everyone has all month long to PM him or her if they can't get the bottle. The one most people can procure is the next month's bottle.

That works for me, it would give the widest oportunity for all to participate, including us from OS & those in control states(poor B#*^rds) banghead.gif

Earlier I mentioned running a poll to select the next month's bourbon. That seems easier than PMing one person and having them decide. However, someone would still have to be in charge of setting up the poll and collecting nominations. My guess is that Jeff and company already have some ideas on what they are ultimately going to do.

Ed

Count me in. Most of what is currently available I have on my shelves, opened, and ready to be judged!!

• 3 weeks later...

Bump! Everybody got their Knob Creek? drinking.gif

OK, as I stated earlier, we are getting ready to implement some new features on the main site that will spill over onto the forum similar to what everyone is suggesting. That said, there is no reason not to start a monthly thread on a particular bourbon, with the understanding that it will change slightly in the future. I am willing to start the thread on June 1st. That should give sufficient time for all interested to procure themselves a bottle. For now we'll pin it to the top of the General forum, but tasting notes are more than welcome there. I'm going to suggest Knob Creek as the 1st BOTM, as it is a premium product readily available throughout the country. Unless someone can make a good argument to the contrary, that's what it will be.

Damn, I forgot all about it, sorry guys icon_redface.gif I'll try to get something up tonight!

Yup.

I had forgotten about this project. Last night I almost reached for Knob Creek, but at the last moment my hand veered to the Hirsch 16 y/o gold foil. (I've been leaning toward subtlety rather than strength lately.)

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.