Coming this fall

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It's on the way...We bottled some last week...The bulk of that "first order" is going to New York...

We are bottling more tonight...to start stocking the rest of the distributors grin.gif

I will take my camera with me and take some pictures of it being bottled grin.gifgrin.gif

I am really looking forward to this grin.gifgrin.gif Can't wait to get my own!

Bettye Jo

Here's a few pic's from last night, at work grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

This bottling is done exclusively by hand (WLD)...We don't run this bottling out on the other "high speed" lines...Bernhiem Original production is done at the same "work area" as the EWSB and the Elijah Craig Single Barrel. Each bottle is inspected, one by one. They are filled, corked and loaded in the same manner grin.gif

Here's Lisa, inspecting the bottles before they are filled...She's looking for "nicks" in the letting and making sure the glass is in perfect condition.

post-20-1448981200227_thumb.jpg

Moving on to the next step (finishing)...

Sorry, but this as far as I got last night---I had to leave---Shoot, they wanted me to work? lol.gif...I had "two" line changes and a locked up cleaner that occupied my time grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

post-20-14489812003396_thumb.jpg

It's corked grin.gif Look at the picture with Brandon...you can see the cork in the bottle he's holding grin.gif It will be dipped in wax during the finishing stage.

Bettye Jo

Bettye Jo,

Thanks for posting the pictures. Can't wait! I also thought it was a twist off cap and got excited. Something about the picture makes it look like it is a metal twist off cap. I think the bottle would look great with a twist off. There were a lot of great bourbons in the past with metal twist off caps, like Old Taylor or Old Grandad. Metal cap or not, at the end of the day it's what's in side that counts. toast.gif

Glad to hear that NY is getting a stash high on the list. I tried to convince the "powers that be" to launch it at my shop, but sounds like an industry launch is gonna happen at The Brandy Library since Manhattan wins out over Brooklyn. arggggg We'll host our own launch that'll be more public than "industry." Can't wait! Yee-haw!

• 4 weeks later...

Ben and I went to the industry launch last night at the Brandy Library. Craig Beam and Larry Kass were there to talk about the whiskey and kick it off for the NY market. Although it was announced that the whiskey would be for sale in October, I ended up getting a delivery of it this month somehow and wasn't gonna complain! I've met Parker, but not Craig so I enjoyed picking his brain a bit. He said they were all surprised by how nicely the Bernheim aged, even at 6 months old. It was good to get away from the store a bit and have some good Beam company!

I remember seeing some bottles at the Gala, but got sidetracked and forgot to ask if they were pouring it, did anyone there think to ask? If so what did you think?

I remember seeing some bottles at the Gala, but got sidetracked and forgot to ask if they were pouring it, did anyone there think to ask? If so what did you think?

I didn't attend the Gala, but Parker poured if for us at SB.com's gathering at HH Thursday night. Very pleasing -- soft and flavorful, and different than either wheaters or rye-flavored bourbons. Kinda pricey -- but I'll probably buy a bottle if I get the chance because it's different and likeable.

Yes, they do think it's quite dear, but I'll probably pick up a bottle or two(one to try, one to keep/trade). Gotta support those distilleries so that they keep creating new things to try.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.