G. T. Stagg

tmas
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Truthfully it was love at first taste in 2002 when we were treated to a couple 200 ml samples by Ken Weber at BT during a festival event for SB.com.

That's how I felt when I first tasted Spring 2005 a while back, my first Stagg ever. I can ONLY IMAGINE how good the 2002 was! I will have trouble sleeping tonite after seeing that picture!

And if you think a picture is worth a thousand words:

I don't know......maybe ten thousand is better. bigeyes.gif

Did notice that the most popular among the group is the Haz Mat of 2003. hot.gif I could make that one last a long, long, long time!

Kidding aside, very nice collection. cool.gif You should be very proud & know you are. toast.gif

Thanks for sharing....well, at least photographically speaking that is. thankyousign.gif

usflag.gif Wayne

WHYYYYYYYYY Do you have to keep doing this to me?!??!?! I am all but out of Stagg after tonite’s sip, but seriously considering pulling out that credit card this weekend and the 5% savings award form BevMo to acquire a good 4 or 5 bottles this weekend while it's still plentiful (even if it is the fall 2005 release which may not be one of the best, it's still better than most other bourbons!). Anyway I only hope if I ever do make it to the Festival or Sampler that someone might have a bottle of the 2002 to look at, maybe smell or even better yet, god bless pope.gif his heart, taste!...

Any more pics of GTS bottles could make me leave california for Kentucky never to return!

WHYYYYYYYYY Do you have to keep doing this to me?!??!?!...Anyway I only hope if I ever do make it to the Festival or Sampler that someone might have a bottle of the 2002 to look at, maybe smell or even better yet, god bless pope.gif his heart, taste!...

Funny thing about the Gazebo tables -- while there virtually always is a Stagg present, it almost always goes untouched. There are too many other 'finds' present.

It is really funny to see people passing over the Staggs and Van Winkles to have some 4yo 80proof whiskey, even if it is a bottle from 20+ years ago...I know I saw myself doing it too. lol.gif

It is really funny to see people passing over the Staggs and Van Winkles to have some 4yo 80proof whiskey, even if it is a bottle from 20+ years ago...I know I saw myself doing it too. lol.gif

Don't worry....you have plenty of company. In your case would that be I.W. Harper? Don't know 'bout your area, but plentiful in mine. However, I passed the test tonite when I picked up a GTS 129 proof on the way home. cool.gif Found a supply of 9 bottles in a store in which I had never visited. lol.gif

1 down, 8 to go! drink.gif

usflag.giftoast.gif

I had help, folks on this board bought about 2% of the total production of that 1st year Stagg. Kris Comstock got a funny look when we told him that together we had enough to fill a barrel back up. Truthfully it was love at first taste in 2002 when we were treated to a couple 200 ml samples by Ken Weber at BT during a festival event for SB.com.

searching.gif If anyone out there is looking for a transaction of sale or barter that involves a GTS 2002 or 2003 (or both), I would be very interested.

I realize it is a very long shot..... but, it never hurts to ask nor can you find something like rare GTS if you don't ask.

Also, if by some chance one happens to surface in a retail establishment (a sure sign of the apocalypse) shocked.gif, I am a buyer. Price is not a major concern in this instance.

thankyousign.gif in advance for any & all assistance. smile.gif

usflag.gif Wayne

......Price is not a major concern in this instance.

CLARIFICATION: Of course, price is always a concern. I did not mean to convey an attitude of independent wealth!...nope.gif...I'm certainly far from that. What I meant was that it is not major as long as within reason. lol.gif

Well heck, that muddles it more because what may be reasonable to one person might be unreasonable to another.....SORRY!!! frown.gif

ADDT'L INFO: I do have access to >1 of the new Pappy 23yo if anyone is interested. Just send me a private message. thankyousign.gif

usflag.gif Wayne

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.