Show us your bar....

jburlowski
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I can match the numbers of bottles that some of you have bunkered (i'm a drinker not a collector) but wanted to show you where I do my sipping.

How about the other home bars out there?

post-812-14489812164391_thumb.jpg

That is sweet. My great grandmother used to have a bar like that in her house but she died before I was too old to appreciate it. Anyway, very nice!

As I think about assembling one for myself...what are the features of a good bar? Wood and some mirrors seem nice. Comfortable, swiveling bar stools. Shelves that allow some of the better glassware and liquors to be displayed. Other thoughts?

Craig

Very nice bar, I don't think I could convince my better half that I need something like this. By the way, do you time your pours by a flip of the table???

Tim

• I like it 1

It's really not a bar...but it's where I keep my stash...It's a mess right now. I've added and added and added...Well hell, there ain't no more room frown.giffrown.gif

The most terrific part about this entire collection? Nearly all of it...probably about 80% were gifts, given to me grin.gifgrin.gif...That's so Cooooooool cool.gifcool.gif

Some of this stuff, I won on ebay...Don't know if you can find it but there is a little hatchet---ebay purchase---Frickin' Carrie Nation's image on it...1901...AXE OF ALL NATIONS OUT OUT THE WHISKEY...BUN...LAURET STOVE & RANGES ART STOVE CO. DETROIT MICH.

Good grief, still blows me away that Prohibition actually happened. It changed the lives of my family forever. I look at some of the documents that I have...The F.G. Walker Distillery (owned by Jim Beam and my Pop Beam---great grandfather (Joseph L. Beam). Jim and Joe were first cousin's grin.gif...He (Pop Beam) owned 47 shares in this distillery before prohibition...at $100.00 a share. That's a tremendous amount of money back in those days...it was a fortune...All lost, because of Prohibition...

Sorry...went way Off Topic (again blush.gif) grin.gifgrin.gif but had to tell that story...

I am in the mist of trying to make some order here. I have alot that's tucked away in the cabinet part...

What you can't see...on the floor beside it...A small collection for Mr. Ed...and some for Dane...It will be here till we meet again in April grin.gifgrin.gif I keep a small liquor store on board from time to time finding stuff for friends grin.gif

But wait...

I havta note this for my friend, Cliff grin.gifgrin.gif

Didn't send your gift in the mail...

It's right here for safe keeping until you come to visit us grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Seek and find my friend wink.gifgrin.gif...

It's on the top...and that's all I'm gonna say grin.gif

And...of course Jim grin.gif I already sent your stuff but left one here...There's something cy-ca-delik lol.giflol.gif in the cabinet part for you...Ahhhhhhhhhh yes, I will bring it to you "in person" when I visit you and your family this summer grin.gifgrin.gif Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin.gifgrin.gif

Can't be putting that stuff in the mail...Only hand delivery for that caliber grin.gif

Bettye Jo

post-20-14489812167867_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately (read fortunately) I've done most of the damage myself. However, I do have a few like minded friends that enjoy quality tobacco and whiskies too so it's a lot of fun to make the bottles go away. Only to be replaced by new ones of course!

• 1 month later...
Ummm...how did you get your pictures so big???

I didn't know how to thumbnail them - I just used IMG tags.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.