What bourbon are you drinking now?

jeff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

As you're sitting in front of your computer reading this forum, what's in your glass? yum.gificon_pidu.gif

Tonight I poured myself a nice big splash of Blanton's Gold. This particular bottle of Blanton's isn't my favorite of that line. That said it is still pretty fine bourbon. Now, what shall I have next...

Ed

This is strange. All the posts in this thread are gone now. Only Jeff's first post and my last one are showing now. How odd.

Ed

Oh, I see. The original thread has been locked or something.

Looks like it's a year end "out with the old, in with the new".

Perhaps 404 posts in the old thread was making it a bit unwieldy.

Roger

I'll play, Sam Houston is in the glass tonight. We don't talk about this one much on this forum, but it is an awfully nice drink. I think this one is a close cousin in flavor to ETL/Buffalo Trace, but I know that it is not a BT bottled product. It is a little dryer, but close.

As you're sitting in front of your computer reading this forum, what's in your glass? yum.gificon_pidu.gif

Well I coun't resist posting as I'm sitting here with a wee dram of four roses SB. yum.gif I decided to purchase a bottle since they sent me a member card for their mellow moments club. grin.gif This is a really spectacular drink. I guess it is the 30%+ rye that is in it. At least that is what I remember someone telling me. I need to plan a field trip. soon.

tongue.gif

Chuck

Some OGD 114. yum.gif

toast.gif

Well, I began with a nice pour of Hazmat II, with a teaspoon of water added. yum.gif

For a followup, I'm now trying something Irish: Power's Gold Label. Compared to the Stagg, it's quite gentle, but it's still a very nice pour, and inexpensive to boot...

EC12...been hard for me to stop going back nightly to this one since opening it mid-month. Every day, my plan when I get home that night is to open up one of several others I have picked up of late. Instead, I find myself going back to the BOTM. Oh well, there is always N-Y Eve coming up. Maybe time then to break out one of the other new ones, or, go with some already open WT or WLW for the occasion. At the same time though, nothing wrong in my book with staying with EC12 going into 2006! yum.gif

I bought a bottle of Bulleit, yesterday. I have too many open bottles now, so I haven't opened it, yet. How is it?

There still isn't anything of much interest at my Alabama ABC stores. I almost bought a bottle of Booker's at $52, but I really didn't need to spend that much.

Tim

Never had/bought Bulleit. Interested to know more when you do open it. Seen any Eagle Rare 101 or 17yr in your neck of the woods? It has gotten pretty scarce up here in west Tennessee. Most have the ER10 but not others.

I bought a bottle of Bulleit, yesterday. I have too many open bottles now, so I haven't opened it, yet. How is it?

I like it a lot.

Last night I had Rare Breed. I bought a bottle back when it was BOTM, but haven't really had much of it. I'm trying to figure out why.

Nope, I've never seen Eagle Rare in Alabama, not even when they had a pretty good bourbon selection (more than a year ago, now).

Tim

I'm enjoying Russell's Reserve 101 right now on these cold mountain nights. There's still a pretty good supply left in many of the ABC stores here in Western North Carolina.

Last night, I spent the evening with my Old Grand dad; first the 114 then the BinB. The 114 is incredible for the price. Actually, the 100 is not too bad. I would be called a wheater by some of you, and that is what makes the 114 so unique to me. It is such a departure!Of course, this Tuesday night's Weller Antique was my bowl of wheaties.

Elijah Craig 12YO 94 proof neat followed by adding a little Ozarka! Its a good bourbon. I am learning to appreciate it and the other bourbons too.

Paul Cote

Well Fog, you are having quite a journey. It has been fun watching your progress, since I was about where you were just two years ago. The new tastes and sensations await you, Pappy 23, Sazerac 18, all of Kusveens interesting pours, as well as the occasional Hirsch and Michters and Rare Turkeys.

Keep going, it is a fascinating trip.

This evening, I decided to turn a pour of Sazerac into a Sazerac...not bad but the WT rye worked better. I think the Sazerac 18 is best all alone. yum.gif

I'm starting off with Weller Antique 107... not sure what I'll pour next.

EDIT: I ended up making it a wheater night - followups were Old Fitzgerald BIB and then Bernheim Straight Wheat...

I'm going to have to replace the Weller - it's almost empty now. Fortunately, the Fitz is a fairly new bottle, and the Bernheim is still over half full...

This time as I am sitting before the computer, I am drinking Evan Williams Single Barrel 1995! Very delicious!

Paul

Started the evening with a small pour of Booker's. Novice impressions:

Nice amber color. Very faint citrus when nosed. After adding about 1/2 tsp of spring water I get cinnamon and tobacco (strange combination).

Following up with WT 101. Not much to say that hasn't already been said. This will always be in my cabinet - a fine every day bourbon.

Not as eloquent as some but there's my $0.02.

Happy New Year to all!

I'm currently having some William Larue Weller, with a teaspoon of water in a generous pour. yum.gifyum.gif

I started out earlier with a single-grain Scotch (40yo Alloa via Hart Bros.), something that I don't pour often as I'm trying to conserve it. Once it's gone there will be no replacing it smil41df29a15fb35.gif - but I did buy it to drink!

I'm not sure what my next pour will be...

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!