What bourbon are you drinking now?

jeff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I made a fairly awful cocktail with Knob Creek. I don't blame it on the whiskey, just my hare-brained recipe. I am drinking it, though. smirk.gif

I took a teaspoon and a half of Country Time raspberry flavored lemonade mix, about an ounce of water, and about two ounces of KC. After all was stirred up, I added about 6-8 small ice cubes.

The raspberry flavoring and the KC really clash. What can I say, it was an experiment gone bad. tongue.gif

Tim

I started out the evening by committing blasphemy with a splash of JD/GJ 70358-devil.gif. However, I soon repented and righted myself by spending some time with Preacher Craig pope.gif having a pour of his 12yo elixir. yum.gif

As soon as things settle down here a bit after dinner, I am going to open my latest acquisition, Van Winkle Special Reserve 12. grin.gif My plan is to kind of sit back & settle in at that point while spending the remainder of this year as well as the first minutes (or hours) of the new one with the some of the best! HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.....AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!!!! woohoo.gif

I started off the evening with some Basil Hayden, then moved on to Evan Williams Single Barrel and I am finishing it off with Wild Turkey 101.

I now have a nice little variety going and have a wish list to go after. I see many people enjoy the A H HIRSCH 16 YR, would it be worth a one time $79.15 to try it? Wow, I see you can get it for much less on line...quite the mark up we have here in WA! A happy New-Years-Eve to you all.

With the evening (or morning) winding down, I have absolutely no regrets bringing the Van Winkle Reserve 12 home today. It has been a wonderful finale for my 'pour' tour this evening. I must agree wholeheartedly, it is everything they say and more. I look forward to eventually trying the entire Van Winkle line.

I made a fairly awful cocktail with Knob Creek. I don't blame it on the whiskey, just my hare-brained recipe. I am drinking it, though. smirk.gif

I took a teaspoon and a half of Country Time raspberry flavored lemonade mix, about an ounce of water, and about two ounces of KC. After all was stirred up, I added about 6-8 small ice cubes.

The raspberry flavoring and the KC really clash. What can I say, it was an experiment gone bad. tongue.gif

Tim

Interesting Tim, I bet a splash of 7 up would have cleaned that right up for you.

For us, my son in law and I reviewed a couple explerssions of GT Stagg last night. The most recent release was our favorite of the evening. Even at 142proof it is just chauk full of all kinds of great flavors. Vanilla, carmel, maple. Just yummy!

A very happy New Year to all!

Ken

Tonight started at 2 this afternoon.

1st Elmer T Lee

2nd Eagle Rare 17

3rd Pappy 15

One glass every two hours is sustainable. Go Kidneys go.

Trying to decide on number 4.

I'm thinking Classic Cask 20, let's make this a very good new year.

Here's a good one that doesn't show up on the list very often, Echo Springs. It has a nice smooth caramel flavor. It is terrific for a $10 a bottle 4yr old.

Jimmy

Here's a good one that doesn't show up on the list very often, Echo Springs. It has a nice smooth caramel flavor. It is terrific for a $10 a bottle 4yr old.

Jimmy

TSA's finest stole a bottle of Echo Springs from me the same day Stagg 2003 became known as HazMat.

The gang from Texas got together to fry things today....turkeys, pork roasts, chickens, etc. Gregg, Jeff, Perry and I put this together. Started with Four Roses SB, then Old Bardstown 10yo and finally the Weller 12yo SB we purchased at the Fest. Some newbies went for the Fall Stagg ...... all liked it. Currently enjoying the Weller 12yo SB......and that the Texans lost the Bush Bowl. Oh wait.....we won the Bush Bowl.

Randy

Tonight started at 2 this afternoon.

1st Elmer T Lee

2nd Eagle Rare 17

3rd Pappy 15

One glass every two hours is sustainable. Go Kidneys go.

Trying to decide on number 4.

I'm thinking Classic Cask 20, let's make this a very good new year.

OK, the kidneys are obviously not keeping up, they must be punished.

#5 Blantons Barrel Proof. That will teach them.

Started with Four Roses SB, then ... .

Started the evening the same place -- should have been Rose Bowl Day after all. Now suffering through a glass of Hirsch 20 next to one of original Pappy 23, with Bettye Jo's favorite chaser (not really, but close) on the side. Life is tough in 2006. smirk.gif

Saz 18, the 2003. Been sort of hoarding it, but found a bottle of the 2005 over the holidays (actually, found three bottles and am already regretting leaving town with only one), so am pouring more freely to reacquaint myself with it before opening the 2005.

Bob

I enjoyed a couple of ounces of EC12 with my ham-sandwich supper, and am sipping some Old Weller Antique 107 (gold-veined -- thanks, Cliff! icon_pidu.gif). I'm trying to empty some long-opened bottles, too (recent 'dead soldiers' include a 12yo Ezra Brooks from 1972, a couple of Pappy 23sgrin.gif, Rittenhouse 10yo BIB, and Evan Williams 15yo) so I can open some new 'blood'. Tonight's likeliest prospects include a Spring 2005 Stagg and/or 1962/'68 Old Fitz BIB. As Cliff says, life's tough.toast.gif

Sipping some more VWSR that I started last night. Dropped in a cube of ice and a splash of Apple Juice. Turned out great! Never tried bourbon + AJ, but it was mentioned on here over the weekend. Thought I would give it a try and it is quite good. yum.gif

Tonight after a very hot day at the beach (sunburn and all blush.gif) I'm enjoying a Bulleit & Coke in a long tall glass with lots of ice yum.gif

Tonight I'm drinking a wee bit of 10yo Old Crow that I decanted from a green pawn, part of the Chess set purchased by several members of this site in 2004. Lots of floral and fruit notes with a relatively thin body and short finish. This is a nice bourbon, but I can't help but think this one has suffered a bit from long-term storage in the decanter. Still, this Old Crow is far superior to the swill currently being bottled under the same label.

Tonite, as I post this, Im having a Weller 107 Antique....and just before, a William Larue Weller. Both wheated, both wonderful. The same stuff? Im not sure. I diluted the WLW 3:1. The Antique seems a wee bit sweeter.

Love those wonderful wheats

What am I drinking…lets see, what shall fit my mood after a disastrous weekend of failed home repairs. I have decided to finish of the Basil Hayden, probably too smooth a drink for my mood, but the bottle is at that level which will require a longer pour to protect the integrity of the drink that would have remained. So even though my home repairs did not go well, I shall sleep well, knowing I have made a decision which will help to protect my stock, and open up a space for the next bottle to grace my pantry. Resource management! I am in the first baby steps of becoming a connoisseur!

Currently on my third pour of WT RB, an all time fav., not a bad way to spend the evening!!!!

Tim

A shot of EC-12 on a rock with a splash of apple juice....drink.gif....not bad, not bad at all.

Eagle Rare Single Barrel, bought it for new years and amazingly enough it lasted through the night... Will not make it through this week though! yum.gif

I'm having EC 12 neat at the moment. It seems like I have a tendency to overlook this bottle, only to find that whenever I pour a glass, I really like it... yum.gif

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!