What Bourbon Did You Get For The Holidays?

tmas
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Certainly all the SB enthusiasts got Bourbon as Holiday Gifts, so what'd you get? Myself I received a gift set of Evan Williams 1994 with a nice peuter looking metal glass, and a bottle of Baker's. Two bottlings I've had and enjoy, Lucky Me! Tom V drink.gif

I got a Pappy 23. Merry Christmas to Joe from Joe (who else would spend that much on me?) smilielol.gif

Joe usflag.gif

Dang it! I was hoping you practiced catch and release. stickpoke.gif

Nobody gave me bourbon for Christmas this year, but I think I have enough to get me to 2006 anyway.

My wife (who doesn't understand my obsession with bourbon, but fortunately puts up with me anyway)gave me the Jim Beam Black gift box with the flask and cigar holder and a fella that I do business with gave me the Wild Turkey Rare Breed gift box with the barrel shaped glasses. thankyousign.gif

My wife gave me a set of four Riedel bourbon glasses. This was very special on her part, as she had to research to even know about them! Then my bourbon for Christmas was by default; I bought one of our employees a bottle of Woodford Reserve. Because it was over the spending limit for "Secret Santa", I ended up with it, and he got a 500ml Buffalo Trace. I think I got the short end of the stick between those two!

My dad gave me a bottle of Eagle Rare 101 which is all but impossible to find.

Thanks Pops. wink.gif

toast.gif

...Nobody gave me bourbon for Christmas this year, but I think I have enough to get me to 2006 anyway.

Ditto. Though I'm down to the equivalent of just 261 750ml bottles, and my total different bourbon bottlings has slipped to only 99 -- unless I counted wrong (and I'm not including any rye, Canadian, Scotch, et al) banghead.gif

My son, Dave,Jr gave me a bottle of ER 17(2005) and HH Ultra Deluxe( I told him not to spend more than $6 ).

At the 2005 KBF I gave Julian a bottle of Old Fitz BIB ( 1945-1950 ) as he didn't have an expression from that period. He was going to send me a bottle of his new 23 yr Pappy but instead sent me bottle #1112 from his previous (Oct '04 ) release.

I bought myself a bottle of Evan Williams Single Barrel 1995 gift set with the little silver cup and a rocks glass. I also got me a bottle of Jim Beam 7YO to compare the Jim Beam Black to.

Paul

My wife got me a Fall '05 GTS. My wife's family always gets together Christmas day, and we pick names on Thanksgiving and we give that person a present. I got a Fall '05 GTS in that swap, also!!! woohoo.gifdrink.giftoast.gif

Word got out to all the Santa’s in my life and wow! A little windfall came my way. I got bottles of Evan Williams single barrel, Pappy Van Winkle 15, Knob Creek, and a Holiday gold dipped bottle of Makers Mark.

Not really a dusty ol bottle story but in my searching I came across a stash of Buffalo Trace, which is not normally sold out here in WA. I had even contacted the Distillery to try and found out where I could get some and they said they sell that in WA. The employee said it was part of a special order she had made some time ago. True or not, it was a nice little surprise for me. I bought a few bottles of that and a bottle Wild Turkey Rare Breed that I could swear was talking to me!!! In some small part many of you are responsible for this, so I need to thank you…or curse you…I have not quite decided yet

toast.gif

Dawn (luv2hunt) hunted me down a WT Tribute & a Distiller's Masterpiece Port Finish for Christmas and she found 3 bottles of Old Rip 15 on a shelf for $37 each as a "pre-Christmas" purchase. Two of those were shared with fellow local bourbon lovers.

I think Santa also left a Weller Centennial and Weller Antique in my stocking.

Jon

In some small part many of you are responsible for this, so I need to thank you…or curse you…I have not quite decided yet

toast.gif

I also have to thank so many of the people on this forum, and my boss, for ignighting my bourbon lust. cool.gif

The wife and I went to her mother-in-law (Chicago area) and I ran accross a couple of Binnys stores and I really spoiled myself. My boss wanted a couple more bottles of Sazerac 18yr and I happened to find a couple for him. I couldn't resist the Black Maple Hill 14, 16, and 21 year offerings and the spring Stagg 05 non-KY release. I have never seen them in KY and I just had to get em. My boss was very pleased also. Although he had to pay me before I let them out of my clutches. I am such a good employee. grin.gif

Can anyone tell me if BMH 14, 16, 21 worth the coin. If not I'll drink them anyway but it would ease my conscience to know that they are good or great bourbon.

Oh yea, my wife got me a mini bottle of Rare-Breed.

Happy New Year to all

Chuck

Friends gave me a bottle of Virginia Gentleman 80, which is something I wouldn't buy for myself, but was happy to add to my collection. They had announced the news of an upcoming birth(their first) moments before handing me the gift, so I know what I'm drinking that day.

My uncle gave me a bottle of Pappy 23. Mmmmm... I bought myself a 100 proof Weller Centennial today at Bevmo. My cousin in law managed to tear through my entire bottle of Elmer T Lee. frown.gif I hope I can get it in New Orleans. I'm heading back there starting tomorrow morning.

Chuck,

I recently opened the 11 y/0 and the 14 y/o. Both were very good. I still have not opened the 16 and I don't have a 21.

Joe usflag.gif

My Christmas was a Wild turkey Christmas. I received a Bottle of Kentucky Spirit, a bottle of rare breed, and several bottles of Russells Reserve 101. It will definitely be a happy new Year in 2006!

Thomas

Little of this, little of that....Maker's, BT, EC-12 and the orange among the apples, a bottle of JD/GJ. As they say, someone always has to be different! banghead.gif

I did pretty good, Pappy Van Winkle 20, Van Vinkle Special Reserve 12, Connemara 12 YO Irish Whiskey.

Good times for me!

A bottle of my fave bourbon--Wild Turkey Rare Breed....guess my wife knows me better than I think she does grin.gif

SpeedyJohn

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.