80 Strong

gluce
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Anyone remember Champale?
[QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Back in the mid-seventies I was in retail, and we sold a lot of Champale.

I couldn't swallow it.

Champale was a malt beverage (i.e., beer) meant to taste like champagne, with only partial success if I remember correctly. It was a very successful product for a while.

The canned champagne the 80 Strong guy put out was actual sparkling wine.

• 6 months later...

In relation to Mike Veach's book project, I made a comment in the History forum about 80Strong and their use of myspace as their marketing vehicle. As I stated in my comments, they presents a very "edgy" image.

I happened across this review of 80 Strong on the Playboy web site. I'd say it's right on target.

LOL....unfortunately, I can't review the article until I get home. Company computer auditing would frown on my bringing up Playboy.com.

Since 80 proof is the legal minimum for it to be labeled bourbon without the "diluted" qualifier it seems odd to name it 80 strong. I guess nowadays anything not diluted is considered strong!! :rolleyes:

I heard that Kentucky Proof was 90, so my 'regulars' stay that way (Bulleit and 1792).

OK, sometimes a little higher.

Someone's bottling some 2 year old stuff called Colorado Whiskey. I noticed it at Brendan's Pub in St.Matthews(Louisville). Someone's charging way too much money for this tar remover.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.