August release of BTEC

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

When Buffalo Trace released their Experimental Collection last spring there also was word that they were going to release more in August.

Now that August has rolled around has anyone heard any more about this?

When Buffalo Trace released their Experimental Collection last spring there also was word that they were going to release more in August.

Now that August has rolled around has anyone heard any more about this?

We just got the first release in the store today. Hmmm...

We just got the first release in the store today. Hmmm...

Is it the same as the 3 that was released in the spring?

Or did they come up with something different?

Oscar

Does anybody else have any information on this offering? Are these the same three bottles as the first one? Are they in stores widespread?

Is it the same as the 3 that was released in the spring?

Or did they come up with something different?

Oscar

The same. French Oak. Twice Barreled, and Fire Pot. We received a publication document as if it were just released to market. The next day it was in the line from the distributor to the store. We were contacted about getting an allocation in the Spring, but haven't received the product until now.

If I'm lucky enough to see any of them, I'll snap up one of whatever ones are available. That being said, I'm not going to get my hopes up. It seems to me that one isn't going to get any BTEC bottles without connections.

If I'm lucky enough to see any of them, I'll snap up one of whatever ones are available. That being said, I'm not going to get my hopes up. It seems to me that one isn't going to get any BTEC bottles without connections.

I can only hope that what you say is not true. I will be patient and hopeful.

I can only hope that what you say is not true. I will be patient and hopeful.

They had all three of the original release as well as a couple of extra bottles in a liquor store here in Nashville as recently as three weeks ago.

Or lucky. It's interesting. We have a whole case on the shelf right now and don't anticipate them moving very quickly. One guy came in and bought all 3, but came back an hour later to return them after his wife got angry. :bigeyes:

The same with the Pappy 23 bottles. The hard to find stuff eventually sells down here in New Orleans, but people aren't really jumping through the doors to get at them. Frankly I'm surprised. I thought they'd never get close to the shelf. But I was wrong.

Too bad we can't ship liquor.

We have a whole case on the shelf right now and don't anticipate them moving very quickly. One guy came in and bought all 3, but came back an hour later to return them after his wife got angry.

You should print up some cards with the StraightBourbon.com URL on them. That guy would have been a candidate for sure.

Chuck,

I'm with you up to the point where he returned them.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Chuck,

I'm with you up to the point where he returned them.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Exactly why he needs us.

Exactly why he needs us.

And it's exactly why I love my wife so much. She didn't flinch at the cost of my little bottle of French Oak (which was very enjoyable on first impressions btw). In fact, she admired the bottle and at least tried to seem interested in it's rarity. :cool:

I'll have to start telling people about SB.com. Aside from the guy I mentioned above, a young lady comes to mind who bought 2 bottles of 23 year old Pappy.

49.95/bottle

shiiiiitt. these things sell on e**y for like $300 a set. now THAT"S an investment.

Too bad we can't ship liquor.

Can't you purchase them yourself and then sell them on personally. I'd take a set if you'd be interested in sending some out to australia.

leigh.

Can't you purchase them yourself and then sell them on personally. I'd take a set if you'd be interested in sending some out to australia.

leigh.

I'll have to look into it more, but I'm pretty sure Louisiana law prohibits shipping liquor unless you are a wholesaler. We all joked about the relative value on ebay, but clearly we're not going to do that. Let me check a few websites to find the actual policies on shipping the hard stuff around here.

Hey Brennan...you the same guy who posts on SaintsReport.com?

Hehe... of course! The Saints are the reason I drink bourbon! ;)

I'm revisiting the French Oak tonight. What a nice bourbon! I don't know if it's $50/375ml nice, but it's certainly well composed. Nicely sweet nose with tamed oak. It's composed and polite oak rather than the wild west, masculine personality of the usual American. It really opens up with a bit of water.

Just returned from New Orleans. The Metairie branch of Martin Wine Cellar is down to one bottle of (I believe) double barreled, but Dorignac's up Veterans a few blocks has at least two of all three bottlings.

Just returned from New Orleans. The Metairie branch of Martin Wine Cellar is down to one bottle of (I believe) double barreled, but Dorignac's up Veterans a few blocks has at least two of all three bottlings.

Someone close to me works at Martin. ;) A birdie tells me that the other two stores (northshore and uptown) have complete cases. I'd call the Metairie store to speak to a customer service rep about getting them reserved if need be. PM me for details on particular service guys to ask for.

EDIT: 1 case left

I needed to go see a friend in Baton Rouge who recently lost his wife after a long battle with cancer. With all the talk about BTEC's in NO, I figured this was the time to go. I never made it past Dorignac's......in addition o the BTEC's, they have an interesting selection of wines at excellent prices. I bought a set of BTEC's plus an extra Fire Pot.......plus some Plumpjack wines I have not seen before and other hard to find wines. Very neat store.

Sharing some of the Fire Pot with my friend tonight......dry cinnamon at its best. I like it.

Randy

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.