Elijah Craig 12-YO

ratcheer
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Beware!! Newbies 1st post!! I'm sitting here having some EC 12yo. Gotta say, my 1st sniff almost made me put it away!! almost medicinal. But as your system gets usd to it, it smooths out nicely! I get more of a molasses nose to it but thats just me. The taste really surprised me after the nose....oaky, toffee, a hint of vanilla without being sweet at all. Just a hint of tobacco.which, to a cigar lover, is nice. Really nice finish, a little spice but not overwhelming.

I'll be the 1st to admit, I'm a Beam HO!! JB black is my normal everyday choice and I really like Bakers. But this Ec 12 is very nice. I'll check back in when the bottle is gone. And at 16.00 the price is very right!! Love this site, you guys are stuck with me now!! Tim

Hey Tim,

Do you get your EC12 from an Ohio state store or from somewhere else. I have had to import mine to this point, but if it is available in state I wanna start bugging the shit outta my local joint until they carry it.

Hmmm?

TomC

I got it at a little store just across the river in ky that is open when I get off work at midnite. I'll check my local store to see if they have it and let you know!

Tim

You've got one of the best liquor stores in the world with great bourbons in Northern KY. The Cork N Bottle. I was like a kid in a candy store. Hirsh 16 and 20, Pappy's 23. If only my wallet were as big as my wish list.

Ed

And the Party Source just down the raod is pretty well stocked too. And you can order online from the Party Source also!! When I can't find something in Ohio, I just run across the river, 5 minutes from work as I work in downtown Cincy!!

• 1 month later...

Dittos...when I want a strong but enjoyable bourbon I reach for EC12...a great value. I found it for $12 at Binny's (Chicago area). I should have bought more but it was my first bottle.

• 2 months later...

I just tried the EC12 for the first time last night. In fact, I'm trying to shake off the after effects this AM... the darn stuff was so good I might have had a bit too much. Here in KC it is just under $18, and considering its quality I would say at that price it is a very good buy. Yet another top contender!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

Here in KC it is just under $18, and considering its quality I would say at that price it is a very good buy.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.