William Larue Weller Antique Collection 2006

Nebraska
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I was able to purchase the entire collection just prior to Thanksgiving last year, but it never made it to the shelves. It was only made available by prior arrangement with the store.

Good deal, guess I better squirrl away some cash so I can go bourbon hunting!

There's still some 06 Stagg in your area as of the early part of June. Saw a couple of bottles on a shelf then. PM me if you are interested, and I'll try and dig up the name of the place.

JOE

They will not go to the shelf and it's my understanding he keeps the high end/limited edition bottles in the back room, and will only sell them to people 'in the know'. IE someone looking to give it as a gift will the reply "We're sold out" vs. someone coming in hunting for and and could tell him who the distiller is. "Obiviously it's the Stagg Distillery!" will get the response "SOrry, we're all sold out" and with only 6 bottles you can imagine they're going to go fast.

He can TRY to do that but the BevMo website will tell you what is at that store at any given time. If it is there, you can purchase it online and then go pick it up even if he didn't want to sell it to you. Sounds like the guy acts like a bit of an elitist when he has no control over who can or cannot buy certain items from his store.

That is true, but it still fullfills what he told me in only selling it to those who want it. By not putting it on the shelf he eliminates the 'walk ins' who just grab a bottle due to the name/shape etc...

Either way, I'd rather have an elitist holding back the very few bottles they recieve in order to give it to those who ask and know about it. Anything that helps ME get a bottle I'm very in favor of.

And good point about checking the website for availability, I hadn't thought of that.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.