Price of 2006 Antique Collection

Sijan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

What prices are people paying for the 2006 Antiques? Have prices gone up substantially this year?

I just got an email from a nearby liquor store that got in one bottle each of Stagg and Eagle Rare. I just dropped by the store, but the prices seemed very high compared to what I am used to, and the owner said he only marked them up 10% from what he paid the distributor. I told him that I thought they were normally in the $40-50 range, occassionally a bit higher.

Both he and I are wanting to find out what the prices are like this year - he wants to know if his distributor ripped him off and I want to know how much I should expect to pay for these bottles.

So please post the location(s), the price(s) you paid, and the bottling(s) you got.

Thanks!

$53.99-$59.99 before tax in Middle Tennessee. I saw them in Bowling Green, KY (Chuck's, both stores) at $69.99 for all but the Saz 18, which was $79.99.:shocked:

Generally, the retailers -- and, probably, wholesalers, too -- have caught on to both the demand vs. supply and eBay speculating angles, and are pricing accordingly.

In Michigan the State Controlled minimum price is $54.98. By law, stores may charge more and most do for high end products. I purchased WLW from a store operator with whom I have an established relationship and he charged me the state price. I say it on the shelf with a 10% markup.

I've purchased other products in this same store and in other stores and I've always received the controlled price when I've asked.

54.99 - 59.99 has been what I've seen. Thought I was going to get lucky on a couple of bottles of WLW. They only had 2005 on the shelf but when I asked he found some in the back. He said that he thought the price was the same as the 2005 (49.98), but when it was scanned, it came up at 59.98.

Tom

All of mine purchased in Middle Tennessee at $58 to just under $60 for each of the 5. Have seen it much higher, though in that market and others.

JOE

I special ordered a few bottles of the Stagg in Maryland....$45.99. In the past it has been between $35 and $45 per bottle for the Antiques.

I bought the Stagg, Eagle Rare and Weller in Louisville - $58 for the Eagle Rare, and $63 each for the Stagg and Weller. Then, got the Saz 18 and Handy in Lexington for $58 each. And, of course, no sales tax on any of this in Kentucky, which is nice (I'm from TN, where we pay 9.25% in Knoxville).

In Kentucky, they are getting you from the blind side.

You pay a 9% sales tax...cept you don't see it. It's already included in the "shelf price" before you make it to the cash register.

This post, http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=39034&postcount=13 tells some of the "blind side" that most are not aware of. Might be cheaper here with the abundace...but you still pay a hefty tax.

I bought the Stagg, Eagle Rare and Weller in Louisville - $58 for the Eagle Rare, and $63 each for the Stagg and Weller. Then, got the Saz 18 and Handy in Lexington for $58 each. And, of course, no sales tax on any of this in Kentucky, which is nice (I'm from TN, where we pay 9.25% in Knoxville).

Thanks Boone,

Yes, I guess I knew that, and I actually should have said "additional" sales tax, as the prices I have found in Kentucky (including the blind-side tax) were comparable, or in many cases lower, than those in Tennessee. It's kind of like gasoline, I guess. So, I'm still coming "north of the border" for large quantity purchases of my favorites!

I got a Stagg and an ER17 for about $45 each in Maryland. I have seen Stagg as high as $55 in Maryland, though. I have not seen Saz, Handy, or WLW here yet (if anyone in MD know where to get them, please post it or drop me a PM).

Jay

As I mentioned in a previous thread the store by me finally got the collection in. They had them all except for the GTS and they were $42.99 with the exception of the Thomas H Handy which was $49.99. IMO those are some pretty surprising prices for NJ of all places. To my dismay I had already purchased a bunch of them in IL for $60 each.

Wow. Somehow I wound up on Internet Wines and Spirits mailing list. I got an email from them today informing me that the new Thomas H. Handy Uncut and Unfiltered Rye is now available from them for the low, low price of $208.30 per bottle. If I buy 3 then the price per bottle drops to $197.88, a savings of $10.42 per bottle. ...amazing!

Wow. Somehow I wound up on Internet Wines and Spirits mailing list. I got an email from them today informing me that the new Thomas H. Handy Uncut and Unfiltered Rye is now available from them for the low, low price of $208.30 per bottle. If I buy 3 then the price per bottle drops to $197.88, a savings of $10.42 per bottle. ...amazing!

Well, at least we know they won't run out soon:lol:

I am suprised to this website, Internet Wine And Spirits, still in business.

They make eBay look cheap.

I am in Dallas for Val's company Christmas party. I used to live here, so I stopped at one of my favorite retailers. W Larue Weller for $59.99....a bit more than I expected. But the Stagg......$98.89 for the three bottle case. Single bottles were $40.00 for the Stagg. Store manager said that was the last of their Larue. But less than $33 for Stagg by the case. Several are going home with me.

Randy

. But less than $33 for Stagg by the case. Several are going home with me.

Randy

[QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Wow,... that is a hell of a score.

That's almost buy one get one free, and with GTS no less.

I have trouble getting WT101 in a bar around here and you guys are getting $33.00 bottles of Stagg.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.