Price of 2006 Antique Collection

Sijan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

$98.89 for the three bottle case.

Wow, I was happy when I found them @ $42.99 each around here, better get while the gettin is good!

Re: Internet Wines

I emailed them. I looked up Stagg on their page and the bottle pictured had a sticker on it like I believe the 2002 has so I emailed them, asking the proof of the bottle I would get if I placed an order and was told that it would be 141.2 (the 2005 fall release). They're a bit cheaper on the Stagg than the THH, only $181.13. Lame. lol

I am certain that the Mrs. has procured some of the BTAC as a Christmas gift for me. She refuses to tell me where she found it or the cost. I have seen only the Stagg and the Weller in my travels locally and it is going for between $58 to just above $60 in this market. I have not checked Hi Times yet and won't be able to so until after the Holiday.

I got some T.H. Handy last Friday in northern Maryland. With the case discount it was $55 per bottle (plus tax). The store had for all of 1.5 hours before I had it. :)

Jay

I am certain that the Mrs. has procured some of the BTAC as a Christmas gift for me. She refuses to tell me where she found it or the cost. I have seen only the Stagg and the Weller in my travels locally and it is going for between $58 to just above $60 in this market. I have not checked Hi Times yet and won't be able to so until after the Holiday.

Hi Time is $60 for GTS, $70 for ER17, WLW and SAZ18 and $80 for the Handy.... NOT CHEAP!

Some of the BTAC has showed up here in Houston. Today Stagg was $50.99 per bottle....a significant increase from last year and a real surprise after seeing the low prices I paid in Dallas which normally runs higher than Houston.

My Special Order of W Larue Weller is still on order.

Separately, while at Spec's I always puruse the bourbon aisle. Today I spotted ORVW 10/107 with several of the gold neck labels put on rather sloppily....like Julian used to do back in L'Burg. So I had to take a look. Yep, here were four bottles of ORVW 10/107 from Lawrenceburg. In a store that does so much business the distributors keep merchandisers in the store to restock shelves themselves. Must have found some old stock somewhere and put it here. My good fortune today as ORVW 10/107 was/is one of my faves.

Randy

I'm not into the price game too much, but was surprised by the prices this year...$59.99 + tax here for Stagg, Handy and Saz...looks like distributors or more probably the retailers are starting to understand they can gouge a little here in California...

probably 10-15 bucks a bottle more than last year...I can confirm later...

The price didn't stop me from buying...I'm just complaining louder...

• 5 weeks later...

VA sells them for $55 plux tax (if you're lucky enough to find them). I was in MD last weekend and saw all four bottles priced between $45 and $50. If memory serves, I believe the GTS was $45 and the rest were $50. I picked up a spare bottle of WLW along with a bottle of WT Tribute. I may go back up and pick up another Saz.

VA sells them for $55 plux tax (if you're lucky enough to find them). I was in MD last weekend and saw all four bottles priced between $45 and $50. If memory serves, I believe the GTS was $45 and the rest were $50. I picked up a spare bottle of WLW along with a bottle of WT Tribute. I may go back up and pick up another Saz.
Not to pick nits here, but this fall there were 5 bottles in the Collection.

Which brings me to my question, was the T.H.H that scarce? This is probably the 6th or 7th time I've seen someone mention "the four items", and it seems to almost always be in exclusion of the new un-cut rye product.

...Which brings me to my question, was the T.H.H that scarce?..

Pretty scarce, yes. I won't go redo the figures, but I think from the info sheets I estimated somewhere between 4,000-4,500 bottles. The Weller was the toughest, with 2,800-3,000 bottles.

Not to pick nits here, but this fall there were 5 bottles in the Collection.

Which brings me to my question, was the T.H.H that scarce? This is probably the 6th or 7th time I've seen someone mention "the four items", and it seems to almost always be in exclusion of the new un-cut rye product.

That's ok to nit pick. My oversight. I totally forgot about the Handy.

Hi Time is $60 for GTS, $70 for ER17, WLW and SAZ18 and $80 for the Handy.... NOT CHEAP!

Especially with the added cost of shipping.

I bought them from HiTime this year. Much more then I wanted to spend and had to put the Sazerac back because of it. It seems to have been worthwhile in the long run though because I have yet to see any at BevMo this year even though they had a nice stock back in 2005.

I bought them from HiTime this year. Much more then I wanted to spend and had to put the Sazerac back because of it. It seems to have been worthwhile in the long run though because I have yet to see any at BevMo this year even though they had a nice stock back in 2005.

You already missed the 2006 shipment. They came, they went, I drank.

Really? I've been checking multiple times a week. What were the prices? 49.00 each or more?

Really? I've been checking multiple times a week. What were the prices? 49.00 each or more?

Eh, I paid between 46-49 for them. They had all of them but the THH. Picked up eight total from them. I can still get you some, minus the THH, if you are really interested.

I'd love to get a bottle of this years Sazerac 18 if you find one. HiTimes is out and no luck at Bevmo. I would appreciate anything you can do.

I'd love to get a bottle of this years Sazerac 18 if you find one. HiTimes is out and no luck at Bevmo. I would appreciate anything you can do.

Call Binny's. I just got two of them a couple weeks ago.

bj

$49.99 for GTS, WLW, and Saz 18 in my town in Northern CA. Got one of each and a Pappy 15 for $41.99 (I haven't seen this on shelves locally in a year or so.) Going back tomorrow to stock up on more WLW... gonna see how much they have. Seems like these are very good prices for CA. This place seems to get a decent amount of these bottles and sells them very reasonably.

I searched everywhere for the Antique Collection during November and December in my area of Texas...nobody had it or had even heard of it. One store I have a relationship with...they will try to get me anything...searched high and low and did come through for me 2 weeks ago. Going price...$53.99 each + taxes for the William Larue Weller and the Thomas Handy they special ordered for me. I don't think many bottles of the Antique Collection made it to Texas this time around. You guys in Kentucky or close to it bought it all up. I guess the only place left to get any is at Ebay Spirits.

I searched everywhere for the Antique Collection during November and December in my area of Texas...nobody had it or had even heard of it. One store I have a relationship with...they will try to get me anything...searched high and low and did come through for me 2 weeks ago. Going price...$53.99 each + taxes for the William Larue Weller and the Thomas Handy they special ordered for me. I don't think many bottles of the Antique Collection made it to Texas this time around. You guys in Kentucky or close to it bought it all up. I guess the only place left to get any is at Ebay Spirits.

Binnys still have them. they are $59.99 plus shipping of course, which is better than the $110 odd dollars they are asking on ebay.

Scott

• 2 months later...

Found a bottle of Sazerac 18 year on a local shelf for $49. Last bottle (and from 2005)---otherwise this stuff isn't distributed in my state or any surrounding states. Kind of a fluke I guess.

I've been watching prices on the collection for the 2006 year and most seem to be $60+. I found one web-sit that lists it at $150+ / bottle.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.