What bourbon(s) will you drink on New Years Eve?

photogjunkie
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The New Year is almost here. What is your pleasure on New Years Eve? For me it will be something or somethings Stitzel-Weller.

I will be better able to answer that very impotant decision past 12/25. If it were right now it would be some sips of Blanton's.

Tradition more than anything else.

I think a little Fighting Cock will quite do for me. New Year's is about partyin' here, and nothing says party like FC103.

Probably some champagne will be popped here as well.

No question in my mind...

One measure of RHF and then a slug of Pappy 20 both straight up.

It's a real head to head of my absolute faves and I'm looking forward to it already!

Don't think bourbon will be on my radar New Year's Eve. First of all, I guess I'm somewhat of a traditionalist so Champange will be my first choice. If they are pouring a weak one (I will be at all-inclusive in Jamaica), I will then move to the drink of the island....rum.

Tom

I am hosting a tasting party at my place on New Year's Eve. We have done the wine tasting a few years ago and everyone loved it and left happy and in taxis. We are serving a heavier meal for the bourbon tasting and hoping no one leaves unhappy :) We will be tasting all of the BTAC antiques from this year, all Pappy 15, 20, Vintage 17, Vintage Rye 20, 23, OGD 114, MM, Baby Saz, 1964 JB. Various other ryes, bourbons, and maybe a scotch or 2. I think OWSR will be the well bourbon of the night for mixing. We are not asking friends to bring a bottle like we did with the wine tasting, but if people have a bourbon they prefer they are encouraged to bring it along for the ride. I don't think I have met anyone from this board in person, however I feel like I know many of you. If you are going to be in Lex, KY on New Years Eve with nothing better to do, feel free to PM me for my address and you are welcome to come hang out. I hope everyone has a safe and bourbon filled New Year!

I will be working most of the night...I think I have had one New Years Eve off in the last 22 years...might have been the same year I had the 4th of July off.

I actually don't mind working New Years Eve, I really enjoy people watching, and that is one of the prime times to watch people and how they interact with one another.

I will get home at about 2 AM and pour myself a nice GT Stagg to put myself bed and start off 2007. It will be hard to complain about that...come home from a job I truly enjoy to a warm house with a nice sleeping family, and then the luxury of a wonderfully crafted Bourbon, I am rich indeed.

2006 has been a great year, many blessings. I look forward to new adventures in 2007 and hope the best for all of you as well.

Had a spontaneous tasting a few weeks ago with several friends. Opened some new bourbons including Black Maple Hill 16, Eagle Rare 17, Weller. Sampled some Stagg. Pappy 20 is still the crowd's favorite. Must admit to a slight hangover the next morning. Be careful! Is everyone sleeping over?

BTW, can't wait to do it again!

Planning on a wider than normal sampling and break out a few I only get out this time of year. List will include OGD 114, WTRB, WT12, Ezra B/15, Pappy 15 + an old bottle of Lot B.

Will probably sample the Saz Jr. and OCPR Heritage Collection that I found over Christmas.

Hope all have a Happy New Year.

Bob

Thanks to a fellow sb.com member........We'll be opening and tasting a Four Roses Super Premium :) (Hopefully after a Colts Win!) Happy New Year to all!

Wade.....I'll save ya some!!

Dawn

Thanks to a fellow sb.com member........We'll be opening and tasting a Four Roses Super Premium :) (Hopefully after a Colts Win!) Happy New Year to all!

Dawn

Hey, the Colts are my favorite NFL team, too. Mainly because of Peyton Manning, but I like Tony Dungy, too.

Tim

Jeff, Perry, myself and a few others will get together, watch football, cook and have a few drinks. I don't drink much champagne, but when I do I want something special (but not too special). The champagne will be Henriot Millesime 1998 to toast both 2006 and the year to come. The bourbons we will open will include some Van Blankle, a WT Tribute , Four Roses SB and probably something from the "dusty" bunker......maybe the Waterfill Frazier from Mexico. We usually start early and end early on NY Eve and pick up on NY Day with Jeff making some pozole. Anyway, everyone be safe.

Randy

I have fond memories of Waterfill and Frazier, Randy. ca. late 60's to early 70's. I haven't seen it in many a year.

Tim

Hey, the Colts are my favorite NFL team, too. Mainly because of Peyton Manning, but I like Tony Dungy, too.

Tim

I've got nothing against the Colts -- I like Manning and Dungy, too -- besides the fact they share the AFC with the (second-place) Titans, who own the best AFC South record at 4-2:grin: . I just wish somebody in that organization had some sense of NFL history -- Super Bowls are almost always won by teams with strong running games and defenses. (You can throw in Marshall Faulk and the Pats'/Tom Brady's 'long-handoff' passing games, if foolish consistency is your mind's hobgoblin.) But downfield passing and no run defense? C'mon.

Since the Titans kick-started too late, I'm pulling for ya, Dawn -- but I fear your best chance at enjoying that champagne will be New Year's Eve.

Dawn

Are you kidding me or what? The colts are done and everyone knows it. As for New Years Eve it Martini & Rossi Asti Spumanti every year.

Chris

Super Bowls are almost always won by teams with strong running games and defenses.

I know.....I know!!!! A girl can always Dream!!! I try to be optimistic.....but they haven't made it an easy task!

Dawn

As for New Years Eve it Martini & Rossi Asti Spumanti every year.

I jusy swung on by BevMo and picked up half a case of that tonight. The GF REALLY like the stuff.:grin: :grin:

I jusy swung on by BevMo and picked up half a case of that tonight. The GF REALLY like the stuff.:grin: :grin:

Makes a really good Mimosa...We had it Christmas morning :grin:

bookers would be my choice. it's the all around whiskey for me, smooth and complex to sip, stout and not too expensive to party with. i love this stuff.

Tim.....I have several Waterfill and Fraziers in the bunker. Some are from the Juarez distillery that Bettye Jo's relative built during prohibition. I have a quart bottle that was distilled in PA and bottled in Owensboro in 1979, similar to some of the old Publiker brands. This brand may have bounced around some. The Oso Negro brand of "bourbon" from Mexico was also distilled at the Juarez distillery and I have several of these. My guess is that your history with this brand may have been some of the PA distilled bourbon in the '70's.

Randy

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.