What bourbon(s) will you drink on New Years Eve?

photogjunkie
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Tim.....I have several Waterfill and Fraziers in the bunker. Some are from the Juarez distillery that Bettye Jo's relative built during prohibition. I have a quart bottle that was distilled in PA and bottled in Owensboro in 1979, similar to some of the old Publiker brands. This brand may have bounced around some. The Oso Negro brand of "bourbon" from Mexico was also distilled at the Juarez distillery and I have several of these. My guess is that your history with this brand may have been some of the PA distilled bourbon in the '70's.

Randy

Thanks, Randy. That's what I would think, too. I never had any indication that they were from out of the country. Just regular American bourbon. :grin:

Tim

Super Bowls are almost always won by teams with strong running games and defenses.

Sounds good to me.

I just started my New Year's celebrations watching the Patriots win while enjoying a couple Manhattans made with Baby Saz, Vya vermouth, and Fee Bros. bitters. (The last 2 ingredients courtesy of LeNell)

Happy New Years all!

Tonight, I share the last two bottles of wine that I have from my trip to California to visit Jim, Steph and Alex :grin: :grin:

A bottle of Everett Ridge Sauvingnon Blanc that I (with Jim's help) picked at the winery and bottle of Finestra Saint Lucia Highland Merlot the latter given to me from "TheBigCheese" :grin: :grin: :grin: Dave Butler :grin: :grin: :grin:

I will toast all of my California friends with my best friends in Kentucky :grin: Donnie and Tessie Cecil...We kinda do this stuff regularly, play cards, gossip, have a few drinks, gossip, few more drinks...ring in the new year then head out for breakfast and talk till the wee hours of the morning :grin: :grin: :grin: DD always in place :grin: :grin: :grin: for guidance :lol: :lol: :slappin: :slappin:

Bettye Jo

Started with Old Charter, now on Maker's, next up is VOB 86, then to the Saz Jr., and if I'm still able to move, I may open up the HH10. Did I mention I had a nice shopping spree in Louisville while I was visiting the folks?

Polished off a bottle of Old Forester BiB last night with my daughter and son-in-law. Good stuff we can't get in PA. Now what to drink tonight?.

Joe:usflag:

My bottle of Old Forester 100 doesnt say BIB?

I consider all 100 proof BiB. Just me I guess.

Joe :usflag:

Just had some 1974 bottled WT 8yo. Yummie, like apple pie in a glass. Chased that with a Stagg bourbon ball. Hmmm.... what next....

OMG. It's only like 9:18.

The list:

FC103

Weller Antique

Asti Spumante

WLW '06

ORVW 15/107

Asti Spumante

OGD BIB

JBB

Asti Spumante

Coors Light

Patron Silver

Asti Spumante

WT 8

WT 12

WT 101

Asti Spumante

Asti Spumante

More to follow. Maybe...:drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :icon_pidu: :icon_pidu: :yum: :icon_pidu: :drinking: :crazy:

Some WLW 06 right now. I may have a little GTS, not sure what year, afterward; I figure bringing out the big guns would be a good way to start the new year right! :)

Well as far as what bourbons I have drank so far on NYE, it has been OCPR and Bakers, getting ready to decide what my next pour will be, I think I shall open something fun, maybe even out of production...

Well as far as what bourbons I have drank so far on NYE, it has been OCPR and Bakers, getting ready to decide what my next pour will be, I think I shall open something fun, maybe even out of production...

Okay so I skipped on the out of production stuff (I find it hard to open those without someone here to share it with) and went with the new Dickel Barrel Select.

Just opened a new bottle of Blanton's for the new year (to replace the ORVW 15 I finished off last night.....well, Saturday night-Sunday morning to be more exact). I had forgotten just how good this stuff is! Keeping it simple to start off 2007 - following Blanton's with a nice pour of WT12 in the spirit of the season before heading off to the crib.....got a lot of football to watch tomorrow.......uh, today.

Well the first two pours of the night had me worried that I'd lost my palate, then I poured some Very Old Barton BiB, thanks to a fellow member (!!!!) this stuff is off the chart outstandingly good! I can't even remember, but I hope it is still sold somewhere!

Well I did make it till midnight after all. I had Rittenhouse Rye BIB, Thomas H. Handy and George T. Stagg 06 to celebrate the New Year.

bj

• Diet Coke at the Titans game
  • Milk with supper
  • about an ounce of the malt version of the inexpensive Verdi spumante
  • water

in bed by 9 p.m.

Happy New Year (doesn't seem all that much more promising than the old one, so far):skep:

in bed by 9 p.m.

Happy New Year (doesn't seem all that much more promising than the old one, so far):skep:

[QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Glad to see that I wasn't the only one to hit the hay early, I made it till 10:30pm. As far as 2007 goes, all I can say is "keep on keeping on."

:drink:

Cheers,

Oscar

I drank a Jim Beam and coke just to be social (and hoping the coke would keep me awake) - made it to midnight......barely.

We had a low key night - dinner with great friends followed by watching old music clips from the 70's, 80's and 90's on cable until midnight.

We were home in bed by 1am.....:bigeyes:

New Years Eve I had nothing because the day before was our party (just worked out that way). However I had a sampling of just about every bourbon in my collection.

• WT 101
  • WT Rare Breed
  • Buffalo Trace
  • Rittenhouse Rye BIB (as part of a Manhattan)
  • AAA 10 Yr Old
  • Bulleit
  • Knob Creek

Surprisingly no one was wasted. I poured more generously for myself but I didn't have to drive home since I hosted. You see what I did there? :cool:

Anyway, it was great fun and now that I'm back @ work I think I'm slipping in to a deep depression since there are no days off until farking May! :smiley_acbt:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.