BOTM 4/07: William Larue Weller

jeff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Maybe it gets rougher as you reach more sediment toward the bottom?

I’ve heard others say that the char can be rough on the throat but this has not been my experience. I find that the char overpowers the taste of the bourbon itself and usually run the last pour in the bottle through a coffee filter before drinking it. The filter won’t get all the char out but it will get enough out imo, maybe you should try that if you haven’t already done so. I usually don’t notice the char, unless I see it in the glass, until I get to about the last inch or so.

As for me, seeing this thread and then the bottle on my shelf for so many days has finally made me break down and open it. After a little nosing and a taste this one was exactly as I remembered it which of course made opening the bottle well worth it. I think this is the sweetest bourbon I have ever had. I was originally planning to open this one in Sept. for my birthday but now I guess the plan is to make this last until September, it's gonna be tough!

• 2 weeks later...

While I've had luck tracking down both the ER 17 year (not a challenge really) and the GTS from 2006, I've not seen a drop of the WLW anywhere. If anyone has actually seen any in FL recently, especially in Tampa, please let me know. :D

As has been said by others, I need to stop reading these damn threads! lol

I always give my barrel proof bottles a spin before I pour. This way you only get a little char in each glass instead of a large amount of char in the last. I cannot detect it this way.

I always give my barrel proof bottles a spin before I pour. This way you only get a little char in each glass instead of a large amount of char in the last. I cannot detect it this way.

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to do that with my Stagg.

I always give my barrel proof bottles a spin before I pour. This way you only get a little char in each glass instead of a large amount of char in the last.

That’s exactly the way I do too Tim.

Leif

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!