Four Roses Does First "Custom" Bottling

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I brought a bottle of FRSB back from Knoxville last week that was bottled for McScrooge's in Knoxville. Haven't opened it yet, but the one I shared with friends when I was there was superlative. Made me want to buy my own barrel and just ladle from it from time to time.

Cheers!

You know, folks, we need to something about our abbreviations for Four Roses since both Single Barrel and Small Batch abbreviate as FRSB. How about FR1B for single barrel, leaving FRSB for Small Batch?

I assume the McScrooge's custom bottling, like the one for Party Source, was Single Barrel.

You know, folks, we need to something about our abbreviations for Four Roses since both Single Barrel and Small Batch abbreviate as FRSB. How about FR1B for single barrel, leaving FRSB for Small Batch?

I assume the McScrooge's custom bottling, like the one for Party Source, was Single Barrel.

Works for me. Yeah, it was FR1B. Think I might have to open it tonight, can't wait any longer.

Cheers!

Not to be a nagging woman, but we have other bourbons that have a single barrel that use the SB nomenclature that will make it very confusing. For example, isn't EWSB....Evan Williams Single Barrel? Now we gotta change to EW1B?

How about FRSB--4 roses single barrel

and FRSmB--4 roses small batch

Keep the SB for all single barrels.....and the SmB for all small batches.

Just trying to be difficult...... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Not to be a nagging woman, but we have other bourbons that have a single barrel that use the SB nomenclature that will make it very confusing. For example, isn't EWSB....Evan Williams Single Barrel? Now we gotta change to EW1B?

How about FRSB--4 roses single barrel

and FRSmB--4 roses small batch

Keep the SB for all single barrels.....and the SmB for all small batches.

Just trying to be difficult...... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I believe some of us had already been using this Dawn, so you're not really being that difficult. And I do agree with the idea.

I believe some of us had already been using this Dawn, so you're not really being that difficult. And I do agree with the idea.

I'm with Dawn and Christian on this, as I too have already been using FRSmB, in chat anyway.

I think we should use both FR1B and FRSmB, since FRSB is inherently ambiguous, even if we agree on what it means.

Or we could just practice our typing skills and spell it out.

Four Roses Single Barrel. Four Roses Single Barrel 40th Anniversary. Four Roses Small Batch. Four Roses Yellow Label. William Larue Weller. Old Fitzgerald. OK, that was one wasn't as easy for this four fingered typist.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.