2007 George T. Stagg -- HazMat IV

Barrel_Proof
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Thanks Goth! I have a 05" KY only open and the 07" so I'll do a side by side tonight.

Enjoy and let us know what you think! I've wondered how the KY only 05' was for quite some time.

I have a question? What is the possibility of different bottles of Stagg "2007" tasting very different from each other?

GTS is not a single barrel, it's more of a vatting. They picked 94 barrels and these were dumped together, so each bottle is the same proof and flavor. There shouldn't be any variation unless the cork is bad and allowed some further oxidation.

Thanks Mark! That is good info.

I sit here sipping 2 Staggs as we speak with a side bottle of water. Now with these 2 together I can tell they are kin! The 2005 KY is softer than the 07 but profiles as Chuck would say are right on que with each other. The oak comes out first in the 05, I still get a little acetone on the 07 first sip, the heat I'm getting on the tip on the tongue as it fades is the cinnimon I was missing still finding dried fig/dates with that dark chocolate in the 2007.

The 2005 has a undertone of sweet with ripe citrus peel in it I'm not finding in the 07. I have come to grips with the 07 though and will not cancel my order. It's learning to go with baby sips not .25 oz that I need to work on.

Thanks to everyone who helped me out on this little journey I still have quite a bit of each of these bid-dogs to go so I'll keep everyone posted as I progress!

Tony

I saw three bottles of the '07 GTS at the Fern Valley Liquor Barn in Louisville today, if anyone in the area doesn't have theirs yet.

USS Phischy (ultra top secret bourbon hunting submarine):

Captain E: "Sonar, do you detect any GT Staggs in our vacinity?"

Sonar: "Sorry Cap't, nothing coming in via passive sonar."

Captain E: "Dammit to hell! I must bag one before our tour is over. Curses to me if the entire crew goes home empty handed. Sonar, do you detect any of the 2007 BTAC fleet at ALL?"

Sonar: "Sorry Cap't, really quiet waters so far. Heard some whales humping two weeks ago, otherwise it's been too quiet."

Captain E: "We must take drastic measure. Dive Officer: Bring us to periscope depth!"

DO: "Aye Aye Captian. Dive Op, 20 degree up on the bow planes, settle us at 20 feet"

Dive Op: "Aye aye sir, 20 degrees up."

Captain E: *searches through the eye piece...calm empty waters* "Dammit, surface is clear. Dive officer: Bring us to 2,000 feet. Helmsman, plot a course to the Bevmo formation, within 5,000yrds."

Dive Officer: "Dive op 20 degrees down."

Dive Op: "Aye Aye, 20 degrees down."

Helmsman: "Plot a course, 50 d west by southwest, all ahead flank"

Helm: "Aye aye Cap'tn. 50 d west by southwest, flank speed"

*time passes, elevator music quietly in the background, Weapons Op passes gas*

Helmsman: "Sir, at coordinates."

Captain E: "Thank you Mr. Booker. It's time we get aggressive. Sonar: I want 1 ping only at the Bevmo formation. 1 ping only."

Sonar: "Aye aye sir, 1 ping only."

PING!

Stay tuned to next week: will the USS Phischy discover the BTAC Fleet? Will they bag several bottlings to make the crew rejoice in victory? What will happen!

(dramatic music score)

• 3 months later...

14 GTS 2007 at Sam's HP today. Doesn't sound like short supply to me; maybe unequal distribution.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.