2007 BTAC - Bourbon Fact Sheets

jburlowski
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

post-812-1448981344608_thumb.jpg

post-812-14489813446386_thumb.jpg

post-812-14489813446703_thumb.jpg

Here they are. (I didn't get the rye.) Seems like there's plenty of GTS to go around; the WLW is hardest to get. Not sure how 10 yo Weller qualified for "antique".

Thanks for the sheets, I was hoping someone would post them; I usually can't get them with the whiskey. I hear ya on the Weller and now I'm even more interested to see how it fares against last years.

Have you tried any of them yet?? I will not see my first until next week but I'm inching to know what your thoughts are???

Tony

I'll probably buy 1 of each and 2 Wellers (at first) to see what I like. And 2 wellers simply b/c they seem to be the shortest in supply.

Then go from there.

Good call, I have a friend coming up from Florence Sunday with one Stagg, Weller and ER 17. These will be opened and sampled for future purchases.

Seems as if the Ryes are hard to get. Saz vanishes quick but I still have a line on some Handy from last year 2006.

Tony

I still have a line on some Handy from last year 2006.

Tony

Tony,

If you haven't tried it yet, do it! If you can get more, do it! This Rye is amazing. That's the single word that comes to mind for it.

Scott

Thanks Scott I looked at 2 on the shelf today but have 3 currently. I picked up a fall 05 and 2 06 Staggs instead. He said the Rye does not move in his area so I may go grab them after my 07 Bill shows up.

Tony

Did they do a Thomas H Handy this year??

If so does anyone know the proof?

Scott

They did, indeed, and it's 134.8 proof.

You know what sucks...I am a homebrewer and we're looking at 2 years shortage of hops. So I was debating with myself this morning while procrastinating going to work....I really need to hit my 2 local homebrew stores and stock up on hops for the freezer. A LOT of hops...then I started thinking this is going to cut into my bourbon budget as buying hops ahead of time for 2 years is some dough!

And the BTAC is about to come out....and I still want to get some 40th 4roses....

Damn....

Anyway, who's tasted this '07 BTAC so far??!?!?!

Tonight all 5 of the usual suspects are getting cracked! I am receiving some hand delivered bottles from the motherland. If we do not get too carried away I'll be on tonight but if we do get carried away I'll wait till morning.

Tony

SCORE. I should have 3 out of 5 in my grubby hands this evening (they are on retail hold for me). Those being GTS, WLR and SAZ 18. This store didn't have the Thos. Handy. Not sure if I am going to trek the countryside for that yet being I still have about 2/3 bottle of '06. Funds ain't what they used to be.

Ron, there's some Handy to be had in Center City Philly...I, too, am light on funds, but I just picked up a Stagg. Had to hold the wallet closed to keep from getting a Saz and/or a Handy as well. Happy hunting!

-Ethan

Thanks Ethan. Haven't 'spoken' to you in a while. It occurs to me that if you have the Handy, and I have the stagg, weller, saz and last year's Handy, then perhaps a get together to compare and contrast would be in order.

Just a thought.

Not until Wednesday of next week but I will scan them and post. If know one posts them first.

Tony

They're popping up everywhere today. If I would have waited one day, I could have gotten my bottles at my local store instead of driving 20 miles. c'est la vie.

Here is the fact sheet on the Handy

I sure could use to get the Sazerac 18 fact sheet if anyone has it.

ChuckMick

post-1222-14489813499182_thumb.jpg

post-1222-14489813499494_thumb.jpg

Here is the fact sheet on the Handy

Holy cow! Only six and a half years old and it had 63% evaporation loss!?!? Did they forget to stick the bung in the these barrels?!? :slappin: Last years handy was eight and a half years old and only had 30% loss.

Holy cow! Only six and a half years old and it had 63% evaporation loss!?!? Did they forget to stick the bung in the these barrels?!? :slappin: Last years handy was eight and a half years old and only had 30% loss.

Fussy, I noticed the same thing on the Fact Sheet that came with my case, and I reacted the same. Can that be?! Looking at a Fall of 2004 Stagg sheet (16 yrs) and it lost just over 53%. The Handy does indicate that it was on the 5th floor. How high is that? Maybe at the top, where it is the hottest? I wonder how much of that evaporation occurred during this last very hot and dry Summer. Maybe that's why it's younger. They pulled it now, lest there be none left next year! Anyway, seems odd to me. Mighty thirsty Angels in Warehouse L.

JOE

Wooo-Hooo! Just completed my BTAC collection. Granted it isn't a full years worth. Eagle Rare 17 and Thomas Handy from 2006 and GTC, Saz 18 and WLW from 2007.

Happy Days!

Cheers!

Marshall

• 4 weeks later...
[ATTACH]4821[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4822[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4823[/ATTACH]

Here they are. (I didn't get the rye.) Seems like there's plenty of GTS to go around; the WLW is hardest to get. Not sure how 10 yo Weller qualified for "antique".

Strange that the WLW would be so much harder to get than the GTS considering, if I'm reading things right, both issues had the same production quantities. Guess it's just a demand issue.

Strange that the WLW would be so much harder to get than the GTS considering, if I'm reading things right, both issues had the same production quantities. Guess it's just a demand issue.

You way want to review, the WLW had only 34 barrels compared to 94, with more losses due to evaporation. So there were about only 1/3 as many bottles of WLW as Stagg

You're not reading it right... about three times as many barrels of GTS than WLW.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.