2007 BTAC - Bourbon Fact Sheets

jburlowski
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Had a close call with some of the BTAC here in NH. Found Stagg, ER17 and WLW listed on the NH Liquor Commission's website last night. Checked this morning and no mention anywhere of any of it. Damn, was really hoping to try the GTS. (Tracy, did you drive to NH last week by mistake and buy it all up? :grin: ) I called one of the stores and the lady said they still have a couple of bottles of the Weller, may try to get one tomorrow.

There must be more bourbon fans up here than I thought. Nice to see BT making a push in this area. They still have some of the regular BT. How's that compare to the ER10 quality-wise?

Cheers!

Had a close call with some of the BTAC here in NH. Found Stagg, ER17 and WLW listed on the NH Liquor Commission's website last night. Checked this morning and no mention anywhere of any of it. Damn, was really hoping to try the GTS. (Tracy, did you drive to NH last week by mistake and buy it all up? :grin: ) I called one of the stores and the lady said they still have a couple of bottles of the Weller, may try to get one tomorrow.

There must be more bourbon fans up here than I thought. Nice to see BT making a push in this area. They still have some of the regular BT. How's that compare to the ER10 quality-wise?

Cheers!

I did not have to go that far Luna. Found all 5 right here in TN. Were you not in TN week before last? :grin:

Yeah, Tracy, I was there but because I was flying I did not want to try to fly back home with too much expensive bourbon. I've had Delta Airlines steal stuff from my luggage on a couple of occasions, as well as TSA damaging stuff. Plus, there was not much room in my luggage for too much extraneous stuff. Had I been driving it would've been a whole 'nother scenario; a minivan bombing up I-81 so loaded down that the front wheels barely touched the road :grin:

I hope to get down there in the spring for some fishing and may try to get to the wing-ding in KY in the fall. I'll bring back some good stuff then for sure.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

Just as I was thinking, Tim.

Are the specialty bottlings being _drank_ at a different rate than a few years back, or just bunkered up at a ferocious pace?

Essentially, we're doing the liquor industry the favor of giving them the use of our money and storage space months, years, or decades in advance of consuming the products.

Roger

I didn't really have any trouble getting them all in New Hampshire. Although I did have to go to two different stores. They are only about 15 minutes apart so it was no big deal. Total trip was about 2 hours including browsing the aisles. They all cost $46.99 which is not really much cheaper than I can buy them here in Mass at $49.99. But you also don't have to pay sales tax like in Mass.

Also, sometimes the inventory page does not list everything. Go to the home page and type in what you are looking for. For instance the Weller isn't listed even though some is available in Conway. Eagle Rare 17 isn't listed even though it's available in 4 locations. Maybe they don't want everyone to know. And they don't even stock them with the bourbons and other whiskeys. They are usually on a display rack somewhere near the front of the store.

Chris

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.