Aberlour a'bunadh

Megawatt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My batch #11 bottle is killer! Maybe the older batches had a bit more going for them than the more recent bottlings.

From what I've read/heard, this isn't necessarily the case. the later batches seem to have more sherry influence, though. My bottle is about 2/3 full, and it has been sitting for six or seven months. after letting it sit like this, a whiff of it is incredibly reminiscent of dark chocolates, sherry, and a very deep malt smell that I could almost fall into with a hint of grist hanging about. very, very slight hint. It is much more approchable now than it once was- but this may have a lot to do with the fact that I got used to drinking Thomas Handy neat, and it's made it easier for me to drink stronger whisk(e)ys.

the batch 12 I had was very complex, but it was much less agressive than the 23. If I recall, it had a lower alochol content- the 23 is something like 60.2% and I think the 12 was closer to 54% or so. That might have had something to do with it. Also, it could have been my imagination, but I remember the #12 being much lighter in color- more of an orange amber, while the 23 is the color of sherry or light maple syrup.

wikipedia has a decent page here (and I'm wrong, the #12 was 60% alcohol...)

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.