mighty good

DeWanzo
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Thats about right, I don't know what happened they were selling regular WT101in 50ml for over 2 bucks and the RB for less so I grabbed them.

Bobby Cox

Well Linnie i'll tell you the secret! ----after doing this for a # of yrs and talking to various liquor store owners you just get a knack over the phone about the history of the store and possibly older bottlings that they may have. actually its just perserverance and the belief that the older bottlings are much better than the newer stuff . the stuff from the 60s and the 70s are so much better, but that is just my opinion. i have acumulated quite a bit of what i consider the best of the various bottlings of the best and oldest distilleries. don't get me wrong about the newer bottlings because they're are some very fine BOURBONS being made today. there is 1 more case of rare breed for 20$ a bottle plus tax and its always a pleasure to share a fine bottle of good BOURBON with someone that appreciates the finer stuff . wish you all lived closer to me to share in fine bottlings of good bourbon. learned alot from you LINN and hope to share a bottle with you and other fine people on this forum. life is good--den

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after that last note I feel a need to report back. I have sampled my RR several times since I wrote that, and whatever was initially bothering me is no longer noticed. This is some DAMN GOOD bourbon.

Heh, heh, I probably need to do a serious, side-by-side comparison with Rare Breed to decide which one is better.

Tim

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Tim try this blind taste test. Have your wife pour a shot (so only she knows which is which) of Kentucky Spirit; Russell's Reserve, and Rare Breed (you'll have to cut this one a bit to lower it to something close to 101 proof). Then just decide which one you like the best. No need to try to guess which is which. Then come back and tell us the results. With a line up like that no matter which one you choose you just can't loose!

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

please don't cut the rare breed. just drink it like it is at room temperature with lots of good water. sorry, but thats just my opinion. life is good-den

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Ya hafto den, or you'll know right away what it is. fo'shezzy!

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.